Thrym

Department of Aquisitions

14353 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, OneBoot said:

In the meantime, I've requested a dance party, told Alexa that her jokes are terrible, and learned that infrared is her favorite color. Now she's singing me a song about circuits. :huh:

Ask her "Alexa, WTF just happened today?" (requires a free-to-enable skill)

3 people like this

9 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Many of my older family members always referred to a remote control as a clicker or a converter.

I sometimes will call the remote the clicker, not very often anymore.

5 people like this

It seems that I have acquired a taste for another miniature company or two. Sigh. The struggle is real.

7 people like this

On 4/18/2017 at 6:44 PM, pcktlnt said:

If you're watching YouTube videos, be careful,  unless you have programmed it to recognize certain voices, videos can activate the dot.

like Burger King for example!!

& to bring this one back on topic. Plane ticket purchased for ReaperCon!!Granted I'm stuck in Dallas as I only did the 1 way down. Still not sure what flight I want home. I see Delta is starting to do tier prices, want just the bare basics (ie standbye) pay cheaper. Standard, pay what you think it is. High end, $$$$ etc etc. Really leaves me with the AA flight later in the afternoon on Monday or go Southwest or Uni.....no I just or won't go that route......::P:

8 people like this

Ordered these a couple weeks back in honor of my birthday and they arrived yesterday!  Perfect timing!  The kids were even able to gift them to me last night!  :rolleyes:

IMG_6199.thumb.JPG.0a2a80644a4cf9d1333169b06d81727d.JPGIMG_6200.thumb.JPG.c763458dcb5872164f4414c321990e2d.JPG

Lost Tribe will be to work on darker skin tones and Sail Away terrifies me from a painting perspective, so she should be loads of fun even if I don't do her justice. 

14 people like this

Order place with Fantization (easter sale 20%)

Alicia, Female w/ Short Sword - Hasslefree Fantasy Humans (x1 fig) HFH0601

HFH060.jpg

I needed a unarmored half-elf female commoner & this one pretty close to what I wanted. Granted she has a sword & no elf ears but I can live with that. ::):

Both of these will represent monster for my RCon games.

Maggotman #1 - Heresy Demons (x1 fig) HM-DEMON0341

HMDEMON034.jpg

Maggotman #3 - Heresy Demons (x1 fig) HM-DEMON036

HMDEMON036.jpg

Also I'm working on my April order with Reaper, just not sure how I wanna go this month. Free Hecklemeyer or just buy him.....hmmmm :lol:

7 people like this

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, Sergeant_Crunch said:

I sometimes will call the remote the clicker, not very often anymore.

Brings back my oldest memories of TV as a child.  We had a black and white set in the living room that we kids were allowed to use when we were allowed TV.  the remote was a weird device with a bunch of tone bars in it that apparently sent out a sonic signal that the TV could hear.  we know this because eventually the remote disintegrated except for the little hammers and the bars and with a little ingenuity we were able to use the bars and the hammers to change the channel and adjust the volume by hitting the bars like a tuning fork.  We never were able to figure out how to turn it on or off though...

8 people like this

Woohoo! Got another couple orders in. My cool new swing arm lamp for the old painting desk came in and is throwing down some much needed lumens. Also got some goodies from MM.

Dungeons & Dragons Unpainted Miniatures: Dwarf Male Wizards & Displacer Beast

Pathfinder Battles Unpainted Miniatures: Goblins

Pathfinder RPG: Player Companion - Kobolds of Golarion (can't have too much info on these clever baddies)
Vallejo Auxiliary Products - Matte Acrylic Varnish (60ml) (as another option for humid days)

I only glanced at the minis. They look excellent in the packs, although the magnified visor tells all. Gotta check them out carefully before making that call. I may replace the lollipop staff that one dwarf has with something from the clear Bones III weapon sets unless I see a nice painted idea from the web. 

6 people like this

1 hour ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I may replace the lollipop staff that one dwarf has with something from the clear Bones III weapon sets unless I see a nice painted idea from the web. 

Since I'm not one for dwarf wizards (yes call me old school in regards to that race-class combo) that one is the only thing I'd want for that one. I'm warming up the combo but I still kinda cringe seeing em together. ^_^ 

4 people like this

I got my pledge from ShieldWolfs' War Maidens KS today. Very nice looking figures!

4 people like this

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Since I'm not one for dwarf wizards (yes call me old school in regards to that race-class combo) that one is the only thing I'd want for that one. I'm warming up the combo but I still kinda cringe seeing em together. ^_^ 

I agree about the combo, but my son absolutely loves to play dwarves and he also likes wizards and sorcerers. At first I tried to explain that dwarves made lackluster casters, but he loves the idea of playing a dwarven spell caster (or dwarven anything really). Some players enjoy playing an oddball character. He gets that from me. #prouddad

Incidentally, my daughter is all about playing halflings and gnomes (she's always been a tall girl and she's not all that happy about it). Their Pathfinder parties are total shorty squads. :lol:

9 people like this

43 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I agree about the combo, but my son absolutely loves to play dwarves and he also likes wizards and sorcerers. At first I tried to explain that dwarves made lackluster casters, but he loves the idea of playing a dwarven spell caster (or dwarven anything really). Some players enjoy playing an oddball character. He gets that from me. #prouddad

Incidentally, my daughter is all about playing halflings and gnomes (she's always been a tall girl and she's not all that happy about it). Their Pathfinder parties are total shorty squads. :lol:

Dwarves only make lackluster casters if you don't look for ways around some of their drawbacks. They've historically made great clerics and druids because of their wisdom bonuses, and in 5e I've got a pretty rocking front-line wizard going. Just last night I waded into the thick of 6 zombies, 2 wights, and a banshee and came out totally unscathed thanks to heavy armor and a quick reaction casting of shield. Of course, we roll our stats and my dwarf is sitting on 3 18's and 3 13's after bonuses so he's pretty well off in that department. But still, dwarven wizards are capable enough.

7 people like this

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Now you are tempting me to play a dwarf wizard in your Sunless Citadel PBP....:devil:

5 people like this

Just ordered 4 pounds of Chessex dice. Also some basing grasses and 4 packs of those good pvc bases  (can't remember the maker)

7 people like this