Thrym

Department of Aquisitions

14082 posts in this topic

I ordered a bunch of dirt yesterday.  Like, 7 cubic yards of it.  I showed up in my driveway this morning. 

The sad part is that the 25ish wheelbarrows I have already carted off into the yard barely made a dent.  I know that is the way it goes* - little visible progress until about the halfway point, and then it looks like it is flying, but it is still depressing.

* I've ordered something like 35 cubic yards of river rock over the years, 7 yards at a time.  It's a long road to get the yard to where my wife wants it to be.

11 people like this

22 minutes ago, warlordgarou said:

I ordered a bunch of dirt yesterday.  Like, 7 cubic yards of it.  I showed up in my driveway this morning. 

The sad part is that the 25ish wheelbarrows I have already carted off into the yard barely made a dent.  I know that is the way it goes* - little visible progress until about the halfway point, and then it looks like it is flying, but it is still depressing.

* I've ordered something like 35 cubic yards of river rock over the years, 7 yards at a time.  It's a long road to get the yard to where my wife wants it to be.

Oof... good luck... 

We'll be over here in the shade... not really helping... but staying hydrated...

9 people like this

7 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Sounds like you just aquired Christmas gifts for relatives... 

"But you look so slim, how can you be anything but a XS"

Nope. I'd start returns, because I'm cheap and the only relatives I have who would wear these are 7 years old so even a small is too big for them yet.

But it shouldn't matter. I got a response to my help email saying that they were able to catch it in time and that I should be receiving the 2XL that my fat self requires.

11 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Oof... good luck... 

We'll be over here in the shade... not really helping... but staying hydrated...

We'll supervise. That's the word you're looking for. Drink in hand, under the shade, with a fan, telling him he missed a spot...

11 people like this

26 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Oof... good luck... 

Hydrated with beverages containing a high concentration of hydroxol groups, perhaps?

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Yes, but not so much as to give away an Oathsworn B&B KS Exclusive... 

I don't do anthropomorphic figs...

2 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

I do feel honoured!

@knarthex is a great guy! ( for a Drow)

The Mole will be painted as a part of my Lost World Project.

that's why I sent him to you. ..

Edited by knarthex
9 people like this

22 minutes ago, warlordgarou said:

Hydrated with beverages containing a high concentration of hydroxol groups, perhaps?

When supervising it's preferable to drink iced tea. I gravitate towards the Long Island variety for such a task. I find it helps the gruelling hours go by more pleasurably.

4 people like this

13 minutes ago, knarthex said:

I read this so wrong ...

kawaii-fig.gif

11 people like this

1 hour ago, knarthex said:

What about Polk?

4 people like this

Polk Figtion?

It'll never catch on...

9 people like this

56 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Polk Figtion?

It'll never catch on...

"Now, I'd like that. But, Y'see, that stuff ain't the truth. The truth is that you're the delicious figgy center, and I'm the appetite of evil men. But I'm tryin' Newton. I'm trying real hard to be the wrapper."

8 people like this

While not a acquired item, at least not yet. I did use Revell's part request today. Revell is pretty good at helping replace parts from current in-stock kits. My order consisted of the CB radio antenna from a '78 Pontiac Trans Am. I will admit I fibbed on this one as I have a '77 model kit & it omits that part, thou it does give you Bandit's hat from the movie. I really didn't want to scratch-build the part or buy a new kit just for that tiny part.

Also ordered the decal sheet from the Star Wars Republic Star Destroyer. Really the only markings are the red & yellow circle symbols on the sides. Which of course evolves into the more famous Imperial symbol we all know & love. I bought the kit when they first issued it after Eps 2 or 3 came out. Decals were yellowed & unusable.

Finally, a few months ago I got the Iron Maiden Boeing 747-400 kit. I didn't know all the kit was a re-issue of an existing mold with updated decals & instructions. Anyways, going along & clipping parts out to do assemblies, I noticed  a wheel strut was broken in 2 pieces. I tried to glue em but it didn't hold + being a small part I'm sure it wouldn't have survived the clipping process. 

I decided to move on to anther part & I found that anther strut, then time off, a long thin piecs of the wing wheels assemblies was completely snapped in 2! <_< The half that I had was the parts still attached to the sprue. The other half, heck who knows? So I added both of those to the order. I almost forgot, as it's been awhile since I worked on that kit. Reasons being, because of these 2 parts.

It takes a couple weeks from request to receiving the parts. The Boeing stuff will be longer due to being Revell of Germany. Revell's German branch of the company. I don't mind the wait. It's not like I don' have other projects in the works. ::): 

I try to gather up multiple parts from various kits before using the service. No reason to make multiple orders when 1 big one will do.

On the miniature side, I received some prepaints for ReaperCon games + I see the new Pathfinder set is about to release & there are a couple of figs in that I need.

7 people like this

I have acquired further basing materials. Which is good.

.. now I just need to figure out what to do with it. >.>

6 people like this

I picked up the shadow war necromunda rule book while I was out earlier today. not a bad rule book.

6 people like this

4 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

What about Polk?

?????

:blink:

47 minutes ago, haldir said:

While not a acquired item, at least not yet. I did use Revell's part request today. Revell is pretty good at helping replace parts from current in-stock kits. My order consisted of the CB radio antenna from a '78 Pontiac Trans Am. I will admit I fibbed on this one as I have a '77 model kit & it omits that part, thou it does give you Bandit's hat from the movie. I really didn't want to scratch-build the part or buy a new kit just for that tiny part.

Also ordered the decal sheet from the Star Wars Republic Star Destroyer. Really the only markings are the red & yellow circle symbols on the sides. Which of course evolves into the more famous Imperial symbol we all know & love. I bought the kit when they first issued it after Eps 2 or 3 came out. Decals were yellowed & unusable.

Finally, a few months ago I got the Iron Maiden Boeing 747-400 kit. I didn't know all the kit was a re-issue of an existing mold with updated decals & instructions. Anyways, going along & clipping parts out to do assemblies, I noticed  a wheel strut was broken in 2 pieces. I tried to glue em but it didn't hold + being a small part I'm sure it wouldn't have survived the clipping process. 

I decided to move on to anther part & I found that anther strut, then time off, a long thin piecs of the wing wheels assemblies was completely snapped in 2! <_< The half that I had was the parts still attached to the sprue. The other half, heck who knows? So I added both of those to the order. I almost forgot, as it's been awhile since I worked on that kit. Reasons being, because of these 2 parts.

It takes a couple weeks from request to receiving the parts. The Boeing stuff will be longer due to being Revell of Germany. Revell's German branch of the company. I don't mind the wait. It's not like I don' have other projects in the works. ::): 

I try to gather up multiple parts from various kits before using the service. No reason to make multiple orders when 1 big one will do.

On the miniature side, I received some prepaints for ReaperCon games + I see the new Pathfinder set is about to release & there are a couple of figs in that I need.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ed+force+one+inside&sa=X&rlz=1C1ASUT_enUS686US686&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwjZzqXP4evTAhUJi5AKHbczBVoQsAQIKQ&biw=1366&bih=638

Up the Irons!

7 people like this

12 hours ago, Pingo said:

I read this so wrong ...

kawaii-fig.gif

Watch out for " Bonk"!!!

3 people like this