Thrym

Department of Aquisitions

14058 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A good news bad news situation.

Bad News.

My FLGS is going to stop carrying Reaper paints.

image.jpeg

Good News.

I've acquired a storage solution for my paints.

image.jpeg

Edited by Darsc Zacal
21 people like this

That is quite the storage solution. It's labeled and everything. No more losing colors if they're in the MSP Core line, eh? 

10 people like this

Now you must buy enough paints to fill it up. ::P:

10 people like this

And where will you fit your MSP HD or MSP Bones colours?

Or Vallejo paints, Scale75...

The odd little Coat D'arms washes... 

3 people like this

6 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

And where will you fit your MSP HD or MSP Bones colours?

Or Vallejo paints, Scale75...

The odd little Coat D'arms washes... 

Pretty sure I'm going to be grouping by colours, not by companies. At this stage the majority of my paints are Reapers anyways.:poke:

Might keep inks, washes, and specialty paints on a small rack on my paint desk.

8 people like this

Received a "care package" from Scenic Express. 

Some tufts, slower assortment and forest ground cover for my tree project that stalled out last month.  Hoping to get that going again soon. 

IMG_6300.thumb.JPG.af5b63f6b7a8f244f1c63f9816c77230.JPG

12 people like this

That is what we call hvalreki! A luck find!  It is a shame though that the store will stop carrying Reaper paints.  I wish mine carried them. Or anything that wasn't GW.

10 people like this

In honor of the late great Chris Cornell, I went on Amazon to buy a bunch of music. I got the rest of the Soundgarden and Audioslave back catalog, prices on his solo albums were ridiculous and I want to check my local music shops before trying them there. I also ended up getting most of Blink 182's discography because it was super cheap.

7 people like this

Well heck, I almost spaced off I had a Staples 5.00 loyalty coupon that expired today. I needed to print off a tavern for ReaperCon so I picked one up off drivethrurpg this morning. Also picked up a couple other RCon adventure related pdfs as well. Figure heck might as well get my money's worth from that coupon!

Even worse is my mom gave me a 30% printing coupon for them earlier this week. Expires at the end of the month so I better work on some pregens....

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

That's one of the few Judas Priest songs that's almost as good on the album as it is live. They're one of those bands that's so good live that it's hard to listen to the albums after. Studios can't capture Priest's true level of awesome.

TRUE!!!

They were one of the first big shows I attended when I was young.

SSOOOOO AWESOME!!!!

I guess I acquired a taste for music in those days.

Edited by Xherman1964
8 people like this

*taps foot* So apparently my package left B.C. and headed east, cuts through two provinces including my own, and ends up in Manitoba, which means that it's going to have to double back just to get to me. Whether it has to go to the Big City first and double back again or get dropped off right in my city, I'm not sure yet.

4 people like this

Just got some Gamescience dice in the mail. One full set of Permafrost dice with gold numbering (gorgeous!) for my daughter, a white d20, black d20, clear fire d20 and a green glow d10.

With advantage and disadvantage rolls in D&D 5e it started to look like we could use a few extra d20s. Hoping these will roll more random than our old Chessex dice.

Took a quick phone pic of the Permafrost set to try out my new mini LED light box. Looks like it's gonna take some practice. The dice are lighter with more colorful streaks in person. They change depending on the angle you look at them. Almost opalescent. Pic doesn't so them justice. 

BazbtgUl.jpg

9 people like this

Dice are always nice. I try to get 1 new set every year. Last year was the Kickstarter Pathfinder metal dice (along with the green goblin dice that was a stretch goal). I'm not sure what I'll get this year.

4 people like this

This cost me far more than I'm usually willing to spend for a novel, but I'm a sucker for a pretty book and the excerpt on the order page scratched my 40K Inquisition itch.

Also, and unrelated, it occurs to me that unlike with history and Monty Python, in the 40K universe everyone expects the Inquisition.  Frankly it's usually best to just assume they are already there and watching you.

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

8 people like this

9 minutes ago, haldir said:

Dice are always nice. I try to get 1 new set every year. Last year was the Kickstarter Pathfinder metal dice (along with the green goblin dice that was a stretch goal). I'm not sure what I'll get this year.

Holy cow. I'm doing it wrong. Like.. super wrong. I'm still using a makeshift mix of dice, including the ones I haven't lost from the Red Box set I got about 33 years ago, and a few other individuals I picked up from a game shop from the 80s. I only just got a second Gamescience d10 (10-00) to pair with the Gamescience d10 (1-0) I got when I was about 13yo. :unsure:

Honestly, if I still had all of my original first dice set, I probably never would have bought myself more than a few extra damage dice. Kind of a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" thing. My big mistake was getting us some wonky Chessex sets a few years ago. Some of them are perfectly fine, but none of the d20s are random. At first the kids kept switching or trading their d20s. Once they realized that my son had the only one that rolled halfway decent they decided to share it. Now that summer-time-fun-time is about to start again (they're are dying to play D&D), we all need good dice. 

Don't know why I've been so hesitant to buy better dice. The house is crammed with minis that have never been used, while we use the dice every time we play. Feels like I failed an intelligence check at some point. lol :upside:

9 people like this