Exwilly

Reaper Radio

703 posts in this topic

Heh.

First, I should check out this thread when I'm in front of my computer and can check the vids y'all've figured out how to imbed.

Second, I am not well-matched with you folk, musical-tastes-wise. My two second-most used Pandora stations are seeded by Dar Williams and Tori Amos, and Journey and CCR. Not too bad, and these don't raise many eyebrows with most. But...

...My most used station? Seeded by Rihanna, Katy Perry and Shakira. I am unashamed by my love of crappy girlpop, no matter how much perhaps I should be.

3 people like this

My current top seeds are Joan Jett, Marty Robbins, John Denver, and AC/DC.

Eclectic, we are.

I've got another gaming session coming up, so I've been listening to my "adventuring mix." Instrumental tracks from all of my favorite computer/video games/movies/etc. I always seem to get a second wind painting when the Zelda theme comes up.

1 person likes this

Heh.

First, I should check out this thread when I'm in front of my computer and can check the vids y'all've figured out how to imbed.

Second, I am not well-matched with you folk, musical-tastes-wise. My two second-most used Pandora stations are seeded by Dar Williams and Tori Amos, and Journey and CCR. Not too bad, and these don't raise many eyebrows with most. But...

...My most used station? Seeded by Rihanna, Katy Perry and Shakira. I am unashamed by my love of crappy girlpop, no matter how much perhaps I should be.

I am unashamedly a fan of female vocalists. It comes from being in a welded steel tube hundreds of feet underwater with 120+ other dudes. You betcha I want to hear a female voice singing to me vice some dude.

1 person likes this

Female vocals for art and male vocals for anger. That pretty much sums up my entire musical world.

1 person likes this

As I've mentioned before I don't listen to the radio. Because of this I generally find new music through interaction with others. So, what are you listening to right now?

My playlist top 10 right now:

Ray Lamontagne - Empty

Nanna Bryndis Hilmarsdottir - Kids (MGMT cover)

Fun - Carry On

Amphibious Assault - Tears in Rain

Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy VI Intro

Maurice Jarre - Building the Barn

Bootstraps - Fortyfive

Regina Spektor - Sailor Song

Guess Who - American Woman

Steve Earle - Transcendental Blues

Right now? A guy shouting nonsense...

2 people like this

A Dance with Dragons Narrated by the Great one and only Roy Dotrice

Hm. Well normally I don't listen to anything while I work, but there are aspects of what I'm doing right now that are somewhat improved by a soundtrack.

So I've been listening to Murray Gold's classical compositions for "Doctor Who":

"This is Gallifrey" (always moves me to tears, so I have to be careful about this one while working)

The Eleventh Doctor's Theme

The Tenth Doctor's Theme

River Song's Theme

"All the Strange Strange Creatures" (love this one!)

"The Daleks Theme" (so ominous)

some other Dalek music

Yesterday was Richard Wagner's 200th birthday, so I did listen to some obligatory stürm und drang.

2 people like this

Random Access Memories by Daft Punk.

1 person likes this

Coma of Souls by Kreator.

My iPod lives on shuffle, so there isn't really a top 10. Right now, it's playing Symphony X, but in 5 minutes it could be Sabaton, or Led Zeppelin, or Regina Spektor, or Bjork, or Ludacris, or Mozart.

3 people like this