Exwilly

Reaper Radio

705 posts in this topic

Lindsey Sterling (Pandora station) and Cake's B-Sides and Rarities (car).

-Dave

2 people like this

Nightwish, depending on which car I'm driving either the End of an Era album or Imaginarium. I also put both on my iPod so I can listen to them while I work on minis at night, but I only do that on weekends.

2 people like this

Hmmm,

I've been listening to a really wierd mix of Faderhead and Tim Minchin for the last few weeks, with my usual Lord of the Rings audiobook for when I want to get to sleep : )

Mostly Slippery When Wet radio on iheartradio (80s hair metal 24/7) thou when I'm home I generally listen to a oldies station out of SF, the Fox (classic rock) out of Denver or Lonestar (classic rock again) out of Dallas. As far as non-iheart stuff. I listen to the Hobbit Deluxe soundtrack, Sully Erna's Avalon or Volbeat's Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies (Love the song Doc Holiday!!)

The last music I listened to was Rock Sugar - Reimaginator.

Mostly I listen to audiobooks, currently Lee Child's "Killing Floor".

1 person likes this

Most recently, Great Big Sea. In my car I have Guns and Roses greatest hits on.At this moment though, I'm not listening to anything. if I wasn't about to shut down and go for food i would change that

Beat me to it

Just got back from seeing Motley Crue. That was fun...and I kinda wish I was single :)

Spinning in the truck's CD changer:

The Mars Volta - The Bedlam in Goliath

Johnny Cash - American Recordings

Mariza - Fado Tradicional *

Stephane Wrembel - Origins *

Black Sabbath - Live Evil

*What I'm mostly listening to

I just bought some Mussorgsky (Pictures at an Exhibition) that will be slotting in where Sabbath is right now. I'm...eclectic.

1 person likes this

Beat me to it

It's an album that wants to be loud. If I had a better sub-woofer, I'm afraid I'd probably be that guy when I play it. ^_^

2 people like this

Some music is just better loud, sir. Don't feel bad, I'm usually that guy that you pull up next to at stoplights with the music blaring.

1 person likes this

When I had my old car, which had a decent 10" subwoofer and awesome aftermarket speakers, I was known for driving around town with "I Want to Break Free" by Queen blaring. Not only do I like the song, but I also live in a bit of a redneck state so it was always fun to see the looks other people would give me. I would also do this with various techno/trance music. My sisters always said that my car was a rolling gay bar because of it.

As of right now I'm mainly listening to classic rock and various forms of heavy metal. When I go on my bike rides it's a mix of bands like Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Mastodon, The Sword, Rob Zombie, Korn, Rage Against the Machine, and Dethklok. There's also a good bit of Nine Inch Nails, some Ministry, Skinny Puppy and KMFDM, with a smattering of Pink Floyd, Skrillex, and Brendon Small's solo album Galaktikon.

Eventually I'll get around to adding some my collection of Otep, Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, Tool, A Perfect Circle, System of a Down, Linkin Park, David Bowie, Marilyn Manson, Hank III, Jimi Hendrix, Rammstein, Oingo Boingo, and Queen to my cell phone. Then my bike ride playlist will absolutely explode. It will still be dominated by metal and rock, but I can just imagine myself going from this or

to
while riding on the trail.
1 person likes this

I get some strange looks when I'm listening to my album of Turkish folk music recorded in the 20s, blaring out the windows. I hope I don't give some poor trooper a pstd moment, it's just really interesting music.

Update - disc just changed this morning, the sixth slot isn't Sabbath, it's Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings - Dap Dippin'. Really good album.

1 person likes this

My sisters always said that my car was a rolling gay bar because of it.

FYI - You just made me go on an Electric Six spree...

1 person likes this

when trying to focus, it has to be classical. I like the traditional Russian composers, Saint-Saëns, and Offenbach.

workout music is often classic metal.

random household background music is generally 70s/80s classic rock or contemporary collegiate a capella.

dinner music is regularly rat pack era.

Most of that is on iHeart or Pandora.

we listen to a fair amount of Weird Al.

3 people like this

Just picked up a few albums, filling holes or getting some rare ones:

Bathory - Hammerheart (one of the originators of the "Viking Metal" scene IIRC)

Behexen - The Devil's Chalice (somewhat rare EP)

Behexen - My Soul for His Glory (full length)

I am a bit of a fan of the Finnish Black metal scene...

Damon.