That is an UBERCOOL creation...very imaginative. I like the tentacle projections around the mouth; AND the colors you chose are OUTSTANDING. GREAT WORK! 

I'm doing some desert terrain for a friend's 40K board. Your creature has given me some inspiration...thanks.

• Like 1

Love the colour scheme - looks deadly to even be int he same room with it!! Projecting tentacle mouth FTW!

• Like 1

I vaguely remember a "do it yourself" video on how to make cheap purple worm miniatures. Is this based off that design? Whether it is or isn't the end product looks great. It's another of the many things I'll have to try to replicate for my Age of Worms game.

Love the colour scheme - looks deadly to even be in the same room with it!!

^_^ I considered the more realistic Cherenkov Blue, but since it was supposed to be oWoD Of the Wyrm, I went with balefire green.

I vaguely remember a "do it yourself" video on how to make cheap purple worm miniatures. Is this based off that design? 

I have made critters with hot glue years before, but that vid did motivate me to get back to it. The construction of this one was sliced pool noodle with twisted paper tentacles rather than cardboard tube.

post-12161-0-86265600-1396518122.jpg

post-12161-0-60768000-1396993524_thumb.j

That is entirely too big for a worm to be.

I don't consider a worm "too big" until it can flatten a battleship.  :;,;:

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      https://imgur.com/W2NvtQC
      https://imgur.com/CoB0ov8
      https://imgur.com/VPqucvu
      https://imgur.com/LLnJilq

'In the far west of the Borderlands, there is a land that spends a quarter of every year in darkness, the only light coming from the great gatherings of Sunstalkers that cover the plains.
      The locals tell a tale, about how the Sunstalkers, being the children of Night, aid her in her endless battle against Day by trying to eat the Sun. Whenever the Sun reaches the horizon the Sunstalkers gather, only to be held at bay by a mysterious person known as The Dawn Maiden.
      However, the constant battling eventually tries her out and inevitably she must leave the Sun unguarded, at which point it is devoured.
      In the end, her strength replenished, The Dawn Maiden returns and hunts down every Sunstalker, the indigestible fragments of Sun causing them to glow in the darkness. She cuts open their bloated bellies, reassembles the Sun piece by piece and releases it back into the sky to restart the cycle.'

Presenting the Sunstalker, a monster from the game Kingdom Death: Monster.

I don't really have the patience (or big enough brushes) for larger minis like this, so kept it super simple with lots of drybrushing. Despite that, I think it looks pretty good, so I'm happy.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here's a Wizards of the Coast woc40047, Grick.
      This pewter model was sculpted by Neil McKenzie in 2000 and is now out of production.
      It's mounted on a 25mm round base.

• By GodOfCheese
      A DaughterOfCheese abandoned the painting of this model, so it ended up in the Simple Green for awhile and I decided that her beautiful dress would look better with tentacles protruding from beneath it. Beautiful, sickly devil-flesh striding across a hellscape while she peels back her hood to reveal sinister horns. And it does get cold in hell, so don't forget your scarf.

Or anyway, that was the plan.  It turns out that her color made her difficult to photograph.

The tentacles are formed around unwound paperclips, which were easy to twist into the right shape, but the flesh I added (green stuff, some clay, etc) was difficult to get to the right proportion without making it fall off.

I'm new to this whole "modding" thing, so I'd LOVE feedback on it. :-)

• By aku-chan
      Presenting The Herald, the third member of my Dreadmere group.

At the suggestion of Crowley, I added more tentacles to connect him to his base a bit better. While I'm happy with how this went, I don't think he's as well painted as the other two.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)