Sign in to follow this  
DocPiske

WoW Infernals

So, back in this post, I mentioned I might paint another Earth Elemental, using the World of Warcraft Infernal as inspiration. Of course once I thought of it I couldn't resist, so I picked up another 77185, and painted it along with four miniatures from the WoW board game.

It didn't work out as easy as I thought it would. The original plan was to paint the model in lime green, and then just dry brush the stone color over top. The dry brushing covered up most of the lime green, so I went back over the cracks with more green paint. I then hit some of the crytals with white high-lights intending them to look like quartz, as the WoW infernals don't have any gems or crystals sticking out of them. I didn't like the result, so hit them with some green ink.

77185-7.jpg

I then painted each of the board game miniatures the same way, but changed up the glowing color for the cracks to match the color of the plastic. The game differentiates the monsters based on color.

Infernals.jpg

Here is a group shot to show the size difference.

Infernalsizes.jpg

So overall I'm happy with the result, and I think the Reaper mini will still work fine as an earth elemental. And it was a nice break from painting [REDACTED]. Maybe I'll get around to finishing her soon and post some pictures.

• Like 20

I like what you have done with them. They could all  be used for internals or earth elementals.  I particularly like the one you painted red.

I got tired of painting earth elementals a long time ago.

Posts like this rekindle my enthusiasm. Nicely done!

Very nicely done. This brings back memories of summoning Infernals in the newbie area, and then letting them loose. 

Looks really good. Reminds me of my old WOW days. Sometimes I miss playing that game but it gives me more time for other things. Like painting...lol