Please Review our Board Rules. These rules apply in all forums of this message Board.
We recognize the roles Kickstarter and Crowdfunding have played in our industry, and in an effort to further that role and help others, we provide the space for discussion of other projects. We believe that the community and the industry benefit from discussion of the existence of a project, the merits of a project, or the lack thereof. Given that there are high profile success stories and high profile failures, it is important that the community be free to discuss projects, so long as they comport themselves with civility and respect.
Over the years, we have learned that more new members will post for the first time in the Kickstarter Subforum than in any other, so we invite new members and posters to review these rules.
When discussing a Kickstarter project, the creators, backers, critics, or proponents of a project, remember specifically this rule: You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
Please note that this includes use of the Private Message system to post any of the above.
Should you believe a post or Private Message violates the above rule, use the Report Button, located in the lower right corner of the post/message, and do not engage the alleged offender.
This post's primary purpose is to clarify this rule:
This board is not to be used to ... conduct commerce in general without express permission from the forum administrator.
The Forum Administrator provisionally grants permission to post direct links to Kickstarter Projects, or Crowdfunded projects on Indiegogo. All other platforms are prohibited, unless receiving prior approval by the Moderation Team. Patreon, Fig or "Nickstarter" projects are strictly prohibited and will not be given pre-approval under any circumstances. The Forum Administrator or other moderators reserve the right to remove threads, posts, or links to projects for any reason or no reason, revoking permission for this commercial activity.
- Each project should have its own unique thread, appropriately titled with the name of the project and optionally the creator. Duplicate threads for the same project will be merged as they are discovered.
- It is permissible to link to the project homepage, updates, or comment sections.
- In most cases it is permissible to link to company websites, blogs, news sites, or message board posts where relevant information about the merits or lack of merits of a project can be found. Some external links may come under heightened scrutiny, and may be determined to be beyond our guidelines.
- It is not permissible to link to a projects' post-project pledge manager, without express permission, especially if that manager accepts additional funds beyond the original project goal or pledge. These systems do not further the goals of the project by unlocking stretch goals or enabling goal completion, and are considered tools of commerce without providing merit to this community. Links to project updates where the link to the pledge manager is given are permissible - because these updates serve an informational need to the backing community.
- It is not permissible to link to the webstore or retail site of any Kickstarter Funded item(s).
- It is not permissible to use this forum, including the Private Message Function of this forum, to conduct trades or invite resale of Kickstarter funded items.
- After a project has completed fulfillment, the thread may be closed by the moderators to prevent abuse and promote an organized message board.
Edited by ladystorm, 30 September 2016 - 11:55 AM.