TaleSpinner

Weight Loss Support Thread

You've probably lost fat and gained muscle. 

I lost 13 lbs, and have gained about 5 back from doing exercises.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Inarah said:

That's... why my brother keeps trying to get me into bodybuilding. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

26 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

That's... why my brother keeps trying to get me into bodybuilding. 

*cheers you on in becoming STRONG* RAWR! Smash the discontentment! ::D: And if you become strong you can wield a bigger axe! 

• Like 3

I've been doing okay with my exercises,  lost a few cms off my waist and thighs, if I ever get past week 5 of the program the results should be fairly decent (Every time I get to week 4 or 5 I sprain my ankle or pull a muscle bad or something, so I rest up for a few days then start from week 1 again. Personally, I think my fear of bench dips keeps making me injure myself subconsciously ::D:).

• Like 3

Bought myself a 1 year gym membership this morning and did an hour of weights and cardio.  Lost about 7 lbs of muscle weight after surgery, need to get it back. 

Anyone else?

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Bought myself a 1 year gym membership this morning and did an hour of weights and cardio.  Lost about 7 lbs of muscle weight after surgery, need to get it back. 

Anyone else?

Me.  I've been lifting weights and dancing in my basement for cardio this winter.  Going well so far, despite a major set back/lapse during Christmas and a cold.

My kids keep threatening to sneak down and videotape me dancing to Taylor Swift (I only actually have one of her songs, Shake It Off, on my workout track; it is good for getting moving).  They figure it would go viral.  I kind of shut them up when I challenged them to keep up with me during  An Irish Pub Song by the Rumjacks and they couldn't.  For some reason they had a hard time throwing punches while holding 10 lb weights over the course of the entire song.

So now I am on track exercise-wise, now I need to tackle my overwhelming love affair with food. I really need to stop eating for reasons other than nourishing me.

• Like 4

Should be spending more time at the gym, but I developed some weird blisters on my toes because... reasons? (my gym shoes did feel tight around my toes last time)

Until they fully heal, I'll avoid the cardio machines. At least I do have some weights at home, so it's not a full loss.

Ugh.

Caught The Crud this weekend.  Good news is that it's killed my appetite.  The bad news is that I'm so used to it not mattering if I kept a wonky eating schedule that I've been severely wobbly on a few occasions.

I've got to get serious when I've finally kicked the crud--Another grandchild is almost here.

• Like 2