TaleSpinner

Weight Loss Support Thread

With the holidays over, I also went back on the keto diet almost as a second thought.

I finished my last bag of tortilla chips and salsa, and my fridge just happened to be filled with keto friendly foods, so I told myself "Why the hell not?"

So since Saturday, and for the next week, my menu is a mix of aged cheddar cheese; a whole turkey; home made vegetable soup (with fresh turkey stock); spaghetti squash; shredded cabbage salad and sauerkraut. Add olive oil and butter when required.

I forgot how much pee it produces in the first day or two. Couldn't sleep properly because of that.

• Like 3

I figured out my Sparkpeople account and started logging food.  Looking at the totals at the end of the day, yeah I can see what I should not be eating.  This week will be learning, and willpower.  I get hungry looking at food and logging food, and reading about food. Tomorrow will be better. 

• Like 2

Now that the holiday treats have been eaten, I started logging food yesterday on my Weight Watchers phone app again.  I don’t intend to actually weigh in for a couple of weeks yet...

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 2

Fun challenge me and some friends are doing.. 100 squats a day (in total) for a month. Measure your leg before and after (pictures optional) to see how simple regularity can change your physique. some days are 2 sets of 50, some are more of fewer, it's fun.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

Fun challenge me and some friends are doing.. 100 squats a day (in total) for a month. Measure your leg before and after (pictures optional) to see how simple regularity can change your physique. some days are 2 sets of 50, some are more of fewer, it's fun.

That sounds like a really good idea! 

• Like 1

Weighed myself last week and apparently my scale wasn't sitting on the floor properly. I'm 15 lbs more than my original weigh in the week before. I know I didn't gain that much in a week. 

I've started using an app I've used off and on for years but have never stick with it. I'm trying this time, really hard. So far of the two days I'm one day over my calorie limit but was under yesterday. I really need to get out and exercise but I haven't gotten things cleaned up enough to do the Wii fit again.

• Like 2

Still tracking food. It's been eye opening. Going to work on eliminating some of the worst offenders from our meal plans.  I am not sure yet what a good daily calorie count for me will be. I am also working on giving up the sugary treats. 

• Like 3

Congrats to everyone working hard and trying to be a better you! :D

We started our 3rd whole 30 on the 3rd. It makes me feel so much better!! I definitely recommend it if you have the time to cook every SINGLE thing you eat for the next 30 days. :)

2 weeks in, and so far I'm down 7 lbs, and a total of 6 inches in bust/waist/hips. I plan on introducing an exercise regimen in the next week or two to really get it going. Has anyone tried the PiYo program? I need something I can do in the house during nap time every day. 

Edited by Marineal
  • Like 5

I try to cook most of our food, even if it is just dumping lettuce out of a bag for a salad.  Last year, with surgeries, I started to rely on frozen and packaged foods more, stuff that could be heated up easily.  I need to stop that.  It's all too high in carbs, calories, and fat. I will keep a few things in the freezer for bad days, but I need to get back to preparing more wholesome food.   Also I thought we were eating enough vegetables, but after tracking for 3 weeks I can see that we are nowhere close. 

After 3 weeks of cutting dairy and added sugars I find I feel much better. I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained any either. 

• Like 4

Need to weigh myself today. I was down 2 lbs last week, let's see if I've kept that off. That would be nice. I really don't get much exercise but I'm so out of shape that carrying groceries up to our third floor apartment gets me winded. Which when combined with the asthma it's rough. 

• Like 2

I managed to lose 9 pounds in January, it's funny carbs are my bugbear, but not really sweets. However, now that I am back doing low carb, I crave sweets. Our bodies are weird and wonderful.

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 2

On 1/31/2019 at 6:36 PM, Corsair said:

I managed to lose 9 pounds in January, it's funny carbs are my bugbear, but not really sweets. However, now that I am back doing low carb, I crave sweets. Our bodies are weird and wonderful.

I luckily found the opposite.

After trying to remain on low-carbs for 2-3 weeks, I lost my cravings for sweets. Then again, I never had that much of a sweet tooth.

• Like 3

I found out I've hit my self-imposed 'maximum weight'. I refuse to weigh more than that.

Partner also wants to lose weight. She weighs more than she's comfortable with as well. So we're going on the same diet.

Intermittent fasting. I've known people who've benefited and it seems like it's easy to stick to. There's also some science, though rat models are rats after all...

Since I do have the history of anorexia I need to be careful. A diet with restricted foods and calories would be dangerous for me, I'd fall back into certain patterns and end up with a B12 deficiency again. But if I can force myself to eat normally from 8pm to 4am then I can just avoid eating the rest of the time.

Yes, I meant 8pm to 4am. I work second shift. Lunch break is at 830pm. I drink a glass of a little sumthin' after work :devil: and I can still have my morning coffee. And if I'm having a particularly bad day I can shift my eating period to 6pm to 2am to allow for a snack at work before lunch.

And because I feel like there should be some restrictions I'm cutting sugar.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I found out I've hit my self-imposed 'maximum weight'. I refuse to weigh more than that.

Partner also wants to lose weight. She weighs more than she's comfortable with as well. So we're going on the same diet.

Intermittent fasting. I've known people who've benefited and it seems like it's easy to stick to. There's also some science, though rat models are rats after all...

Since I do have the history of anorexia I need to be careful. A diet with restricted foods and calories would be dangerous for me, I'd fall back into certain patterns and end up with a B12 deficiency again. But if I can force myself to eat normally from 8pm to 4am then I can just avoid eating the rest of the time.

Yes, I meant 8pm to 4am. I work second shift. Lunch break is at 830pm. I drink a glass of a little sumthin' after work :devil: and I can still have my morning coffee. And if I'm having a particularly bad day I can shift my eating period to 6pm to 2am to allow for a snack at work before lunch.

And because I feel like there should be some restrictions I'm cutting sugar.

Intermittent fasting is a good method.

Also, cut out sodas and replace with water, once used to it, you won't be able to stand the sweet sodas anymore.

I now rarely drink sodas, a cola , I can't even drink 7up/sprite anymore, I feel like me teeth fall out when I taste it.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2