This is a sad story, kind of...

About 4 years ago I was just getting into Warhammer 40k and I was the Tau army... I decided to make a piece of terrain I could (justifiably) put in almost every scenario as a fall back point. The story behind it was that the Tau would drop it from orbit and would automatically provide cover and intel., etc. Its was only allow in large scale skirmishes - counting as points in my army. Worked great, I could fall back behind it and shoot through the one way windows and it had a drone that could detach from it and follow around if things got too harry.

Alas, I never finished it, what you see here is the last of it... I had to sell it... But I hope it inspires somebody! 

Materials: A vitamin bottle, a cap to a pill bottle, top half of an antenna, a paper clip, sand, rocks, left over spurs, left over tau mech command antenna's, and Green Stuff. 

post-13341-0-53786200-1405710855.jpg

post-13341-0-78468500-1405710881.jpgpost-13341-0-71263500-1405710900.jpg

post-13341-0-04653000-1405710967.jpgpost-13341-0-65786400-1405710972.jpg

I acutally carved out a Spur pole to fit and entire rack of guns. Above is a place for pistols.

post-13341-0-72009500-1405711125.jpgpost-13341-0-59828200-1405711223.jpg

Here is the War Map  and the concept I had in mind. To the right is a helmet. I actually took a Tau head and carved it out so it looked liked a Commander took his helmet off and placed it there. Took forever to carver it out!

post-13341-0-83111300-1405711267.jpgpost-13341-0-97716700-1405711273.jpg

post-13341-0-01079900-1405711330.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed my blast from the past! I THOROUGHLY enjoyed making this. Wish I had some pictures of my Cardboard City stuff I made.

• Like 10

That is an interesting/imaginative piece. AND it does give me some ideas. Thanks for posting it...GREAT WORK!

• Like 1

Hi Arc 724;

Very interesting and unusual sci-fi piece! You were very creative in the thought concept and execution...also very clever common items usage. Thank you for sharing your " blast from the past ".

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 1

Too bad you had to sell it.

It is a nice little terrain piece with a nice little story.

I am not a fan of the one way window firing rule but if it worked for you and your group great.

• Like 1

Too bad you had to sell it.

It is a nice little terrain piece with a nice little story.

I am not a fan of the one way window firing rule but if it worked for you and your group great.

It Cost me points to have but when I was pushed in a corner, it was worth it, i had far less troops than everyone else but that was the strategy: to push them into a false sense of security. 

Thank you

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this