<snip>

Just relax.  Paint some kittens.  Picture a calm, blue sea.  The Bones will arrive when ready and not one second before.  The time to get excited is when shipping starts : )

Painting kittens  and relaxing doesn't seem to go together for me... they don't tend to like being painted and respond with biting and clawing... and rubbing themselves all over you thus sharing the paint....

• Like 9

Painting kittens  and relaxing doesn't seem to go together for me... they don't tend to like being painted and respond with biting and clawing... and rubbing themselves all over you thus sharing the paint....

The trick is to prime the kittens properly before you start.

I suggest epoxy.

• Like 7

I'm a lot more calm about Bones 2 than I was about 1; I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that Bones 1 was my rocket-launch into the world of miniature painting. Now I know what to expect, plus the bi-weekly updates have really helped a ton in preventing the worried suspense I was having during the first one.

That said, I shall most definitely ramp up my excitement level and practice my squee-ing as soon as shipment is announced! EB FTW! :D

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 10

>.< I still beat myself up about that....I watched the KS go live, I could've gotten a Early Bird. But I decided that to spend that much money, I needed to ask my husband first. So I asked him that night, which put us in Wave 4. Eventually I snagged a Wave 2 someone dropped. But this was my first Kickstarter backed, so I didn't know I could pledge and drop my pledge if he said no. Gah! GUess 2nd wave isn't so bad, given that I WAS in Wave 4, but still :P

Now, given that Denton is only three hours away...wish I could drive and pick up my package as soon as I could XD 

• Like 6

>.< I still beat myself up about that....I watched the KS go live, I could've gotten a Early Bird. But I decided that to spend that much money, I needed to ask my husband first. So I asked him that night, which put us in Wave 4. Eventually I snagged a Wave 2 someone dropped. But this was my first Kickstarter backed, so I didn't know I could pledge and drop my pledge if he said no. Gah! GUess 2nd wave isn't so bad, given that I WAS in Wave 4, but still :P

Now, given that Denton is only three hours away...wish I could drive and pick up my package as soon as I could XD 

Pick Up is an Option....

Pick Up is an Option....

I knew it was during the Kickstarter, but I wasn't sure if it was still available. That'd be awesome, if I could just pop down and pick it up whenever they were ready to be picked up XD 

• Like 5

Pick Up is an Option....

I knew it was during the Kickstarter, but I wasn't sure if it was still available. That'd be awesome, if I could just pop down and pick it up whenever they were ready to be picked up XD 

It's a two-fer with you getting your stuff early AND Reaper saving money on shipping!

• Like 5

Yes! Exactly! Everyone can be happy!

So uh... :devil:  Will there be a notification or something that'll let those of us that are going to pick them up in person know? I'll have to use a weekend to come down of course

• Like 6

Personally I'm enjoying the anticipation.  It's a warm, happy thought I can bask in when I've had a rough day.  Life keeps me busy enough that I'm not sitting around all day thinking, "Bones, Bones, Bones, Bones..."  Plus I still have lots I can go rummage through, which definitely helps.  :)

• Like 5

So uh... :devil:  Will there be a notification or something that'll let those of us that are going to pick them up in person know? I'll have to use a weekend to come down of course

Yeah. Just like last year you can shoot them an email / message on KS once they say shipping has started. All I did was let them know I leaved near and could pick it up at the shop.

6 hour drive < 2-3 months of waiting. :)

For me it is just 45 min to an hour there depending on traffic.  Went up there Friday around 3:30 and that was a reminder on how much I hate traffic on Fridays.

• Like 6

Yeah. Just like last year you can shoot them an email / message on KS once they say shipping has started. All I did was let them know I leaved near and could pick it up at the shop.

6 hour drive < 2-3 months of waiting. :)

For me it is just 45 min to an hour there depending on traffic.  Went up there Friday around 3:30 and that was a reminder on how much I hate traffic on Fridays.

Excellent, okay. Will do once I see that shipping has started ^^ What's great is a friend of ours lives in Dallas [who we convinced to back Bones II], so he can come pick his up and we can hang out for the rest of the weekend. If this is around September, it could be an fun birthday gift to myself!

• Like 6

/ponders of the 24 hour drive there and back is worth picking up her kick starter stuff........

Better clear that with the Mr....

• Like 5

Woot, wave 2 here, it's still early, but I am starting to get giddy with excitement over more bones arriving at our house!

• Like 7

I have this feeling of trepidation and excitement. This means my current batch of 20 unpainted will double... 

• Like 5