I have this feeling of trepidation and excitement. This means my current batch of 20 unpainted will double... 

...to 20. 

• Like 15

I'm in the process of perparing for the Bonesocalypse.  Last time around I:

• Sorted out some decent brushes
  • Got a cheap carry case together with a storage space for said brushes
  • Got 100 8mm hematite beads as paint agitators
  • Grabbed the Learn To Paint Kits as a way to both bulk out my Kickstarter paints and get back into the hobby
  • Bought 1 each of the existing Bones SKUs to stave off Boneschosis
  • Grabbed a ultrasonic cleaner to automate the process of cleaning the figures before painting

This time around the yearly hobby budget has gone on

• Complete range of Vallejo Model Air Metallics
  • An automatic paint shaker because goddamn I have too much disposable income and I like to automate the boring, reptitive bits of the hobby
  • One of the Massive Voodoo Ultimate Paint Racks + Carry Case from the Kickstarter thread
  • Another 100 8mm hematite beads - I won't have enough to do the new paints coming with the Kickstarter
  • Probably a few empty bottles - I'd quite like to transfer my Tamiya Clearâ„¢ paints into dropper bottles for ease of use
  • About 4-6 cheap stackable 'figure' cases:  I quite like the Plano Double Cover Organiser for Bones:  don't really need foam to protect them from damage IMO, so these are cheap and robust ways of storing 'em.

• Like 5

I will decline the twenty hour drive to get there and pick up.

I'm in wave two. Bring it. :bday:

• Like 8

Doesn't feel real that it's coming so quickly.  So glad I grabbed a wave 1.

I sometimes compare my order to the page, just to remind myself of how many minis I'm getting.

I got in on wave 2 and was so bummed...now I look at my unpainted Bones and the other KS minis I have and I'm thankful to have just a little bit more time to paint what I've got!

>.< I still beat myself up about that....I watched the KS go live, I could've gotten a Early Bird. But I decided that to spend that much money, I needed to ask my husband first. So I asked him that night, which put us in Wave 4. Eventually I snagged a Wave 2 someone dropped. But this was my first Kickstarter backed, so I didn't know I could pledge and drop my pledge if he said no. Gah! GUess 2nd wave isn't so bad, given that I WAS in Wave 4, but still :P

Now, given that Denton is only three hours away...wish I could drive and pick up my package as soon as I could XD 

Pick Up is an Option....

Hmmm, I missed ReaperCon and am getting a new ride...might have to break in the new car with a road trip! Will you be notifying us when pick up will be possible?

I have this feeling of trepidation and excitement. This means my current batch of 20 unpainted will double... 

...to 20. 

I love when people who I don't recognize, or that don't post as much know important rules, such as the 'rule of 20 miniatures'.

• Like 11

goblin math is well known around here nowadays, we take care to explain it to the newbies who join

• Like 5

14 hour drive from Minneapolis. Good thing I am in wave 1. It was nearly a year ago now. I remember I set an alarm on my phone. I wanted to check it out, but wasn't sure I was going to back the KS or not. I went to my desk at work, logged in to KS, and saw the number of early-bird slots quickly disappearing. I had to make a decision. I made it. At least I was locked in. I still added another $100 or so of add-ons.

This will bury me in bones. I probably won't need to buy another miniature as long as I live. In will. But, I won't need to.

Now I'm looking into a glass storage cabinets...

• Like 9

I got an Early Bird.  I remember that morning I had been planning it for a while.  I set an alarm about an hour before it started, took a shower, made a nice breakfacst and got some coffee which put me at my computer with breakfast and coffee 5 minutes before it started so I ate then drank my coffee and watched it go live.  All that coupled with the fact that it was fall (my favorite time of year) and actually cool made it a very special magical morning!  I really hope they do another one I really enjoy their KSs!  I also remember an actual physical smile creep across my face when I saw the Kraken was one of the firs add-ons offered lol

• Like 7

I will decline the twenty hour drive to get there and pick up.

I'm in wave two. Bring it. :bday:

You and I are in the almost exact same boat Doc.  I'm about 20 hours away and in wave 2.  I'll pass the bottle over while we are waiting and talking about our Bones that are coming.

• Like 3

2200 miles, 34 hours of driving (according to Google maps, it's only 31hours without traffic).  Wave 2.  

I'll be waiting at the mailbox for em.

• Like 6

I went from "I'll take a look but I just don't know if I'm gonna be in on this KS since I have so many from the first one unpainted" to "Want! pledge" in the time it took for the KS page to load when it went live so I ended up in Wave 1.

• Like 5

heehee i'm excited now  ^_^ 

Sorry for those of you with longer drives =( 3 hours there and back definitely doesn't seem like too much after seeing some of your times....

• Like 7

Very glad I'm in wave 1. ::):

Although with my map app telling me its a solid 37 hour drive from here to Denton, I won't be taking advantage of the offer to pick it up at Reaper HQ.

• Like 6

Very glad I'm in wave 1. ::):

Although with my map app telling me its a solid 37 hour drive from here to Denton, I won't be taking advantage of the offer to pick it up at Reaper HQ.

Yeah, that 37 solid hour drive certainly would not be GRRRREAT...  :upside:

• Like 4

But visiting the Reaper Staff would be worth it, though I imagine they would be super busy. But the opportunity to thank everyone for their work would be nice. ^_^

• Like 4

I'd rather do that by attending Reapercon one year, cause that would also give me the opportunity to meet some of the forumites too.

• Like 9