Patrik Strom

Ragnar Lothbrok, Gripping Beast Miniatures

That's a great looking model. Do you have a full Saga warband.

Nope, Ragnar is the only one I have. I've been glancing at some others in the Saga range but I have plenty of figures to finish before I buy any more. Beside the excellent Njorn from Red Box Games should cover the "viking" side of my miniature needs, and I have plenty of those to finish.

• Like 2

Dette er VELDIG VELDIG BRA !

That is really really good !

Nice subtle balance, and well rounded coloring !

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nightwing
      Here is the Grenadier Action Art “Super Orc Fighter.” 

Aside from the name being kind of funny, I also find it a bit ambiguous. He has very fancy antique armor. In my imagination he found the armor somewhere and put it on, and now he is the envy of the tribe. However, he prefers to use the same old rusty axe, which he doesn’t seem to know how to swing properly, and probably doesn’t realize that he is a wearing a vorpal sword at his belt. 

• By aku-chan
      Yet another new thread!

(At some point I really should think about starting a blog, or whatever the cool kids do these days, instead of cluttering up the forum with my stuff.)

While it's possibly a banning offence, I've gotta admit I don't particularly care for Sophie or her various minis, but this one really leapt out at me.

I may have made things extra hard for myself by fully assembling everything, but she has little, dainty feet so I was never going to be able to pin her to a cork.

Started with her skin (1:1 Rosy Skin/Beastly Brown > Flesh Wash > 1:1 Rosy Skin/Beastly Brown > 1:1:1 Rosy Skin/Light Skin/Beastly Brown), I was trying to give her a tan, but I don't think it's as simple as adding brown to the skin colour, however the colour I did end up with is rather nice.
      It's hard to see, but she also has (slightly googly) eyes, lip and eye makeup (1:1:1:2 Rosy Skin/Light Skin/Beastly Brown/Hexed Lichen) and eyebrows (Scarlett Red), I also basecoated her hair while I had the Scarlett Red out.
    • By Darcstaar
      I love this figure.
      Not so much the bendy weapons, but I straightened them out.
      They have bent back a little (Sword).

I did a WIP on him.  Thanks for the encouragement along the way.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/80720-kord-the-destroyer-bones/

He is another for our Reign of Winter Adventure Path.  My DM said "Vikings."  Kord has that vibe for sure.

I tried to paint the base like grass.
      The hardest part was the nmm on the axe, and trying to get the runes to show up on the sword.  It's a very irregular axe shape, so it was tough to figure out how to do it.
      My green stuff patch job on the wolf pelt was not the greatest, but it is decent enough camouflage.
      The second-hardest part of the figure to me was figuring out what parts of the pelt were what.  What is tail? What are legs?  I did my best.
      Overall, I'm pleased with him.  He seems like such a bad-a$$.
      As for the pics, iPhone seems to be good for far away, but really "blobby" for up close.  Maybe it is suffering from zoom.
      C&C Welcome.
    • By xandizzle
      Hey guys, I'm back with a second mini to show off.  My dad recently decided to join the campaign that I DM for my college friends, (he has never played a tabletop game before), and he decided to play a Duergar Death Cleric.  My LGS still had a few of the 25th Anniversary Dain Deepaxes, and it's the perfect mini for him.  Had a little trouble pinning the arms, but very happy overall.  Anyway, say hello to Ulfgar Fireforge, Cleric of Laduguer!

• By Metalchaos
      From the thick bushes on either side of the road, a volley of javelins flies towards you. You try to take cover while a second volley is hurled. Heavy rain makes it uneasy to see anything. The bushes rustle, and your assailants appear next to you. It's a group of four reptilian humanoids about six feet tall. Their roughened leathery scales shift from grayish brown to green. A disgusting smell sickens you as the chameleon-like creatures attack you with their primitive weapons, their teeth and claws.
      Here are the Lizardmen, Dark Heaven Bones sculpted by Gene Van Horne.
      From left to right;
      77426 Lizardman with Club and Shield
      77154 Lizardman Spearman
      77155 Lizardman Warrior 77425 Lizardman Archer       77154 Lizardman Spearman           77155 Lizardman Warrior           77425 Lizardman Archer           77426 Lizardman with Club and Shield        
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)