Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Here’s my next big project, a 1984 Ral Partha dragon. This old fellow was in pieces when I received him, and painted. I’ve cleaned him up, removed the old epoxy glue, pinned him back together, and tonight realized it looks like he’s rising out of the water. He needs a bigger base, which I have (75x46mm oval). But I have never done any basing, and I’d like to create a base that extends the appearance of water. I have no idea how to do that, so any and all suggestions and illustrations are welcome!
This took over a year - mostly because I procrastinate EVERYTHING - but he's finally done!
Combined Show-Off Thread
Colors rolled were Blush Pink (I fudged and went to Breast Cancer Pink so that I can donate him to a survivor that I know), Brilliant Green and Heather Blue.
I have yet to get around to building or acquiring something better for photographing these than printer paper leaned up against the paint rack, but other than that, CnC is, as always welcome.
Wyrmgear the Clockwork Dragon was a part of the very first Bones kickstarter back in 2012. It has been standing around unpainted and semi-assembled on my Dragon shelf (the top one with extra space for all the wings and such) several years. Some time ago, I pulled it off the shelf and started rusting it up.
And it did not look good. So I put it back on the shelf.
And took it down again after some time, did some more rusting. And still it did not look any good.
And some of this was down to the pristine, straight and flat wings. The wings are made in a much harder / more rigid plastic than the rest of the Bones. They might be polystyrene, but could just as well be the same Bonesium PVC with less plasticiser. Whatever the case is, the wings are really hard and totally non-flexible.
So I cut them up with scissors and took those wings outside behind the garage and burned them with fire!
My trusty lighter delivered flaming retribution to those wings, letting me bend and scrunch them a bit.
So, with the stiff and pristine wings dealt with, it was time for some more paint.
None of the earlier paint jobs were any good, in the end I dumped a bunch of Citadel Nihilakh Oxide all over it, drybrushed a bunch of different bronzes, golds and greenish steel. The wing "cloth" is based on Citadel Ionrach Skin, Reaper Vampiric Shadow and a whole buch of other paints, shades and inks.
Pics below the clicky bit
Well, I did it. We now have a cute little Christmas scene with mama Blightfang and her wee ones getting ready for the holidays! A little early for some holiday cheer but it was fun
Learned a few things: don't use wood glue to hold down snow it gives a disturbing yellow cast. Blightfangs scales are actually leaves, making her more of a forest dragon than a classic green, and I think one of her children was adopted...
I really had a lot of fun with this, even if it wasn't my best work. It came out well. I really like the red and teal fades on the wings.
I hope everyone enjoys this little window into the holidays...
and one more thing. Although it shows off the teal wings really well and it's an adventurers favorite view, the backside of a dragon is not the most exciting!
Who's Online 27 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)
- Colonel Kane
- Doug Sundseth
- Hack Mini Painter
- Disciple of Sakura
- Olaf the Stout