Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
robinh

77152 Bones Marsh Troll conversion

Recommended Posts

A heavily armed troll is a happy troll. Good work on both the troll and the base ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't know Lego's made axes. It's the perfect scale for this guy. You did a good job of making that base look swampy, especially without having bought any water effects. Nice job!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks folks, appreciate the comments.

 

  Anne.. the axe was from one of those legos adventure sets they make these days.. I suspect one of the medival ones my kids got for christmas years ago or possibly a pirate one.  (they are over 20 now so it was a while back).

 

:;):

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could try brushing on some clear gloss where you want it to look shiny like water.

I thought of this and I might try a satin varnish as it is a swamp and should be gross not too shiny.  I need the humidty to drop a bit (read a lot) before I attempt it though as I don't want it to go cloudy on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By RMGreen
      After wanting to learn how to paint minis for a long time, I was finally encouraged by some friends to take the leap. I found the Reaper 'Learn to Paint' kits and have found them an incredible resource for a new painter. While I know my work on these minis isn't perfect, I'm really happy with how they came out for the first models I've ever painted. Working through these has given me a lot of confidence, and I like it a lot more than I thought I would!
       
      I will say that I struggled more with the layering technique in the second kit than I did with the wash/dry brush technique from the first kit. I'm happy with the progress I've made, though.
       
      Now that I've finished all of the minis that came in the kits, my next project is to paint the minis in my Fury of Dracula game.
       
      I'm really happy to finally be exploring this side of the gaming hobby!












    • By Kangaroorex
      Well, I did it.  We now have a cute little Christmas scene with mama Blightfang and her wee ones getting ready for the holidays!  A little early for some holiday cheer but it was fun 
       
      Learned a few things: don't use wood glue to hold down snow it gives a disturbing yellow cast.  Blightfangs scales are actually leaves, making her more of a forest dragon than a classic green, and I think one of her children was adopted...
       
      I really had a lot of fun with this, even if it wasn't my best work.  It came out well.  I really like the red and teal fades on the wings.
       
      I hope everyone enjoys this little window into the holidays...
       

       

       
      and one more thing.  Although it shows off the teal wings really well and it's an adventurers favorite view, the backside of a dragon is not the most exciting!

    • By Adrift
      Attached are photos of a slew of different miniatures and projects I've been working on in 2019. 
       
      The Battleguard Golem is clearly a Warforged Paladin in my mind as was painted accordingly; he's mounted onto a Frontline Games base. The Jungle Titan is on the base of a Reaper Dragon I gave my son as a toy previously. The Galladoria Games entrances are both attached to Frontline Games Stones Dungeon tiles. The Terratiles are from a Kickstarter that started fulfilling last month; they were a ReaperCon vendor in 2017 and make good stuff! On the CAV Thunderbird and Raptor, I wanted to simulate some lights; not as much love for the Kahn.  The Thunderbird was missing a shoulder mount so I subbed in a axehead from a long-age discarded figure. The Iron Golem has inspired a monster in my DND world called a Forgeblast Iron Golem and I wanted to simulate discoloration of the iron as though it is being superheated from within; I also wanted it to look as though heat was trying to escape from a few plate patches. Khai the Huntress from Bombshell is on a metal Reaper skulls base; I painted three of the skulls with a glowing green eye to add more interest.   
      Like everyone else, just trying to be creative, get better and have fun. 




















    • By aku-chan
      This pretty lady jumped straight to the front of my painting queue, and it was about time I painted another Reaper mini:-
       

       
      Here she is, all cleaned up and undercoated in primer.
       
      Got a little further today:-
       

       
      Not going down the red skin route, so Ziba is currently covered in a basecoat of 1:2 Dwarf Skin/Rosy Skin with a Flesh Wash.
       
      Aiming to get her skin finished tonight.
    • By Nial ap Morai
      Can never have too many Orcs




      My apologies, the picture came out dark
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 157 Guests (See full list)

×