Jasonator

Jasonator's Mounted Noble Oak Elf.

Completed the Mounted Noble Oak Elf by Tom Meier.

This Miniature proved a lot more difficult than I anticipated.

Had to paint most of the elements separately, then glue them together.

I found balancing the colors, and keeping dark areas in control hard to do

when things aren't attached.  The camera isn't doing credit to the gray blending into

the shadows.  They're there.

So.. Here is the finished Elf.

post-12655-0-97453200-1407685764_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-75655600-1407685765_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-48645500-1407685766_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-28373800-1407685767_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-24741300-1407685768_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Another great piece from you Jay, wonderfully done. 

Ub3r_n3rd;

The above comment made me smile ear to ear !

Thank you for your support and recommendations  !

I am so indebted to the folks on this forum to be able to attempt painting such a beautiful sculpt !

I learn with each miniature, and that makes me want to take on another !

Thanks again. !

• Like 1

Ub3r_n3rd;

The above comment made me smile ear to ear !

Thank you for your support and recommendations  !

I am so indebted to the folks on this forum to be able to attempt painting such a beautiful sculpt !

I learn with each miniature, and that makes me want to take on another !

Thanks again. !

No problem my friend. You are really getting better and better with each and every figure. Your exuberance for the hobby is contagious, so keep up the wonderful work!

• Like 1

Thanks Kharsin;

Really appreciate your comment  :;):

I seem to have found that I am totally in my element when I do a 25 - 30 mm metal miniature.

I really just have a blast.

I throw in the other sizes, but my heart is with these Tom Meier pieces.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      I Don't have much to go on with this dragon.  its another one that has been sitting half finished on my shelf forever.  the bottom has some script on the bottom that looks like FWS and an 8.  other than that I don't have any clue where it comes from. 

but I finally dusted the mini off, freshened up the red (It was becoming a pink dragon) and decided to display it here.  hope everyone enjoys!

• By Kangaroorex
      What else to finish off the month of January but another dragon from my shelf of shame?  This is Ollie.  Ollie is from Impact miniatures and is supposed to be a mascot for one of the bloodbowl teams.  Tom Acquired the license to produce him and I got a copy.  I used him to test a number of different red effects and styles while working on another, bigger dragon.  The skills may not have panned out like I wanted but Ollie still came out pretty well and deserved to be finished and shown off.  Pictures are still with a phone camera but at least I got to my light box!  So without further ado:

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning all,
      so hope all you that hail from the land of the Gringo are having a beautiful long weekend, I know I am, with lots of turkey and then rampant capitalism.

So I finished this one last night, and just got him photographed, a Ral Partha Shadowrun Street Samurai, sculpted by Tom Meier, no idea when, late eighties/early nineties:

Whenever I pull these things off their bases there is always a little piece of paint that pops off the back that I never quite catch until it's too late, but never quite care enough to fix.

Anyhow, enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
    • By Jasonator
      For those of you that know me, I cut my teeth on Tom Meier carvings, and I have made it a habit of painting anything that he has put
      out that I can get my paws and brush on.  I was given Syrio Forel (DSM-5133) before my move.  I started painting him this week, along with
      another two others Meier Sculpts.  I will mount him on a created base when I finish painting him.  Meier sculpts are ALWAYS a challenge.  They are
      small and intricate, they also, at times, carry a surprise feature buried in a fold or underneath a caparison to paint.  So here is where I am on this miniature,
      a day after I started work on it.  I do NOT use colors straight from a bottle, a color wheel is a close friend.  Jasonator.

• By Westfalia
      Hi everybody,

Our Feral Lands campaign is going live on Tuesday, and I would like to share a draft since I always got valuable feedback in this forum.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/westfaliaminiatures/1220483270?ref=514475&token=8affa265

• Who's Online   31 Members, 0 Anonymous, 82 Guests (See full list)