Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

[SPLIT] Update: 22 Aug

I'd like to emphasize that we are going to try to get back on schedule.  If we can ship our Wave1 in October, and then 2&3 in October, then everybody else will be on-time.

We are really hoping for good data from China about timetables very soon, so that we can determine how many waves the delays will impact.

It is our belief at this time that it will not impact all backers (We aren't pushing October backers back a month, and November backers a month, and December a month - we're just squeezing the waves closer together until we're back on target.)

*makes the sign of the cross*

Luck be with you, my friend.  I'm not gonna be upset either way.

• Like 4

The delay's not a big deal to me. I'll have 3 or 4 shipments from other kickstarters arrive in the interim.

I had no previous knowledge there'd be a delay, but it's not really a surprise to me there is one either. I'm just glad that there were moulding issues caught early enough to have them corrected.

Also. In honour of Sir Forscale I have ventured forth and returned with Slurpee and pizza for lunch! :upside:

• Like 8

Being Wave 2, I don't mind the delay, if it doesn't get here until near Christmas, I will just wrap the core set and put it under the tree for myself. 

• Like 7

Being Wave 2, I don't mind the delay, if it doesn't get here until near Christmas, I will just wrap the core set and put it under the tree for myself. 

Then will you give yourself a bear hug in appreciation for the awesome bones under the tree?  :rock:

• Like 2

I was EB. If it makes it by my birthday in late October, I'll be doing the same. If not, it will be a Thanksgiving or Xmas present. Either way, at some point in the relatively near future, it will be raining BONES.

• Like 1

I was EB. If it makes it by my birthday in late October, I'll be doing the same. If not, it will be a Thanksgiving or Xmas present. Either way, at some point in the relatively near future, it will be raining BONES.

Set that to the music of "It's Raining Men" and you have a great Weird Al video in the making.

• Like 6

Then will you give yourself a bear hug in appreciation for the awesome bones under the tree?  :rock:

of course

• Like 3

Me and a new painter friend just split a vampire box we got from ebay...so we as well each have...20 minis left to paint before bones II

• Like 4

Definitely having planned communication, pre-announced priority lists that were part of the pledging and a focus on quality seems to be a recipe for success.  I mean, while there is sad, there is no angry. 

I'm heartened to hear that efforts will be made to compress the shipping schedule.  Mainly because it would be nice if the new set of Bones made it to retail in time for Christmas.  ^_^

• Like 3

I love that there's such attention to quality...although my initial reaction was this: http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

This was pretty much my reaction too. Happiness that Reaper is keeping such a careful, close eye on quality (as someone else said, don't want a repeat of the discontinued figures from the first KS!!), while my heart cried a little.

I'm more than happy to wait a couple of extra months in order to get Bones that satisfy Reaper's high quality standards. :) However, I will still keep my fingers crossed that my EB will arrive in time for my birthday (October 14th)!  :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 3

Part of me is sad, but I'm not blaming the Reaperpeeps. Besides it's not like I have any shortage of unpainted miniatures. I also seem to like building terrain, so I got that going for me. 

• Like 2

Well I am a little disappointed. 

I think I was being too optimistic, the other kickstarter minis project I backed also announced today that they are delayed, but they are worse at communicating and have given no new ship date.  

I only have 25 bones left to paint.  What am I going to do? 

• Like 2