Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

[SPLIT] Update: 22 Aug

Well communicated, Reaper peeps. I'd much rather you get the quality right.

There's also potential hilarity with my wedding being in early November...

"Do you, Chris, take this woman - "

"Yeah, gimme a sec, I'm trying to inventory here!"

• Like 9

Wait, how come you won't get much painting done when winter settles in?

It's a combination of being mcuh busier with work and that my "painting studio" is difficult to heat in the winter.  Come springtime I'm just bustin' out to get some painting done.

• Like 3

Phooey. I echo what everyone said here about prefering quality over haste and all that, but still... phooey. Back to painting those, er, 20 bones I still have left from Bones 1.

• Like 6

Well, the DDS terrain looks good, and the adventurers are nicely detailed.

Too bad about the late shipping, but I, for one, prefer quality over promptness.

Agreed.

Thanks for the updates. I too have 20 unpainted minis from KS1 and would prefer quality over speed.  Still, I am starting to get excited that fulfillment is getting close, even if it's delayed by a few months. 

Good goblin math here. Excellent.

Being Wave 2, I don't mind the delay, if it doesn't get here until near Christmas, I will just wrap the core set and put it under the tree for myself. 

Ditto!

Me and a new painter friend just split a vampire box we got from ebay...so we as well each have...20 minis left to paint before bones II

Excellent job on your goblin math.

Well communicated, Reaper peeps. I'd much rather you get the quality right.

There's also potential hilarity with my wedding being in early November...

"Do you, Chris, take this woman - "

"Yeah, gimme a sec, I'm trying to inventory here!"

Good job keeping your priorities straight. You make us all proud!

• Like 6

Let me make it clear that I understand that things happen and that these can cause delays. But there is no excuse for waiting until the last minute to discuss the possibility of delays. This is most definitely not good communications.

Had there been a mention of any sort when the problems started to crop up, I'd be fine. Nothing like that has happened.

So far, this is looking just like KS1 to me. No word about delays until 1 week before the projected start of shipping, then a two month delay. I'd really like to believe the "late October/early November" date. I'm currently hoping to see wave 1 complete by March.

• Like 1

It's probably just the lighting.

No, the character figures are definitely a different color than the terrain. It's probably just an issue of prototype material, but still. The coloration is different.

• Like 1

Slightly disappointing, but its not as though I don't have plenty of Bones 1 KS to paint....

And I'm happy that you are making sure that possible quality issues are ironed out.

My heart broke a tiny bit, but then I remembered how many miniatures I was getting, and the fact that they're already paid for, so the fact that I'm broke won't be a problem, and now I am somewhat consoled.

Happy to wait, pleased that we've been updated!

No wait, I am ah, furious and um, I will totally flounce off if uh... lemme see... oh, yes. My heartbreak would be cured by about 6 bottles brown liner ;)

• Like 4

Wait, how come you won't get much painting done when winter settles in?

It's a combination of being mcuh busier with work and that my "painting studio" is difficult to heat in the winter.  Come springtime I'm just bustin' out to get some painting done.

Gotcha. I do most of my work in my garage, which for most of the year here, means that I can work until 8 am.

• Like 1