Sign in to follow this  
Adrift

77113: Eldritch Demon

Oops, forgot to post the paints I used...

Nightshade purple, dark elf shadow, muddy brown, earth brown, driftwood, tanned leather, big top red, mahogany, redstone shadow, vampiric shadow, sun yellow, dusky skin tone, sapphire blue, pure white, black green.

• Like 3

awesome!  I love the subdued colors, and the blue-red combo really works well!  The only thing I can think of to make the eyes pop more is contrast- I wonder if you could darken the edges around the pupil area to make it look more glowey or add a single pinpoint dark spot in an off-center orientation just to make it look eerie.  I'm not sure.  But they're freaky!!  Great job!

• Like 2

awesome!  I love the subdued colors, and the blue-red combo really works well!  The only thing I can think of to make the eyes pop more is contrast- I wonder if you could darken the edges around the pupil area to make it look more glowey or add a single pinpoint dark spot in an off-center orientation just to make it look eerie.  I'm not sure.  But they're freaky!!  Great job!

It's funny you mention the eye-dot b/c I heavily considered that as well. I was listening to a documentary about wildlife in Malaysia and it specifically was talking about the eyes of praying mantis' and how they can focus their lenses and form a small black dot that look like a pupil.

Looks really good.  Really like the color choices and your transitions are very nice... 

Thank you sir!

Edited by Adrift

I've a Summer cold so I thought I'd pop in here to see what's shakin'.  And this piece really caught my eye.

The cool colours of his head against the warm colours of his body is a brilliant idea. I think your transitions are well done and look like a natural progression on real skin. The colour choices there are inspired.  Also the base is minimal, looks good and doesn't take the focus off the figure. I can't tell which one is BONES and which is metal. There aren't a lot of painters who can pull that off. I couldn't.

I'm excited that you're doing pieces for the Sci-Fi challenge and look forward to seeing what you do!

• Like 3

I am gaga over the subtle nuances of color, the balance, and the deft handling of shadow and highlighting.

This really is a symphony of color and balance.

Astonishing work.

I am awestruck just looking at it.

You are Inspirational !

Thank You for this gift !

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 1

I am gaga over the subtle nuances of color, the balance, and the deft handling of shadow and highlighting.

This really is a symphony of color and balance.

Astonishing work.

I am awestruck just looking at it.

You are Inspirational !

Thank You for this gift !

Thank you! I'm always drawing little bits of inspiration from seeing other people's work, so I'm honored to do the same!

Nice job! I love your blending on the wings. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I really wanted a different color scheme than something purple and green; let's face facts, if it has tentacles and is anything remotely C'Thulian in nature the first instinct is to go purple and green...

Very cool. I've been looking at this model every time I stop into the shop but in my head I've always seen it as the 'monster green' colors. This has helped me visualize what I could do with this one. Gonna have to buy it next time. Now I'm thinking sickly blue and necro-green. 

Edited by JasEriAnd
  • Like 1

This figure in Bones id $6.00. 

Let me repeat, $6.00. 

I'm thinking of picking up several more just to try out a bunch of variations!

• Like 2