Should include a picture with your little light on the top being on! This is such a gorgeous piece of work Willen, PHENOMENAL JOB!!! 

It's a fabulous diorama and a beautiful TARDIS. I like the story and the suggestion of menace.

• Like 1

Superb work on the ground/base which really, really sell the piece! The creepy shadows are fantastic as well! This is a proud collector's piece to retain for a lifetime!

• Like 1

Bear in mind, I can nitpick.  overall this is awesome. I mean mind boggling awesome.

The little horizontal line highlights on the creases on Amy's Skirt need to be brighter white and sharper.  they are too fuzzy and grey to sell the shiney leather.  The rest of the skirt is great.  Those stockings are freaking awesome, I would be super happy with those.  I don't know if it is the sculpt or your painting but her eyes are off somehow.  They don't quite line up.  I don't know if there is much you can or should do with that but its something I noticed. 

You already talked about how you wimped out on the shadows so I won't say anything more than to agree with you.  the shadows cast by Amy and the Doctor should be stronger.

Love the color variation on the bricks on the ground.  I could wish for a little more individual attention to each brick rather than a drybrushing.  its just that with such a low, strong light source, each brick would have a distinct highlight and shadow.  I definitely understand the choice you made here with that.  It would take forever to paint each brick individually with a strong highlight and shadow.

Overall, you knocked this out of the park. More contrast :P

• Like 2

Thanks to you all! Now some particular replies:

Should include a picture with your little light on the top being on! This is such a gorgeous piece of work Willen, PHENOMENAL JOB!!! 

I tried, but the light setup for the photo meant it was just as above, but with my giant finger on the side. Will try to take some pics in the dark later, and with a coin, this minis are small.

Bear in mind, I can nitpick.  overall this is awesome. I mean mind boggling awesome.

The little horizontal line highlights on the creases on Amy's Skirt need to be brighter white and sharper.  they are too fuzzy and grey to sell the shiney leather.  The rest of the skirt is great.  Those stockings are freaking awesome, I would be super happy with those.  I don't know if it is the sculpt or your painting but her eyes are off somehow.  They don't quite line up.  I don't know if there is much you can or should do with that but its something I noticed. 

You already talked about how you wimped out on the shadows so I won't say anything more than to agree with you.  the shadows cast by Amy and the Doctor should be stronger.

Love the color variation on the bricks on the ground.  I could wish for a little more individual attention to each brick rather than a drybrushing.  its just that with such a low, strong light source, each brick would have a distinct highlight and shadow.  I definitely understand the choice you made here with that.  It would take forever to paint each brick individually with a strong highlight and shadow.

Overall, you knocked this out of the park. More contrast :P

I love you nitpicking! 

I was not going for leather on the skirt, so I refrained from going too high and big on the highlights. Eyes... they were terrible to do. I have issues with paint flowing off and after several tried I am just happy they read as eyes and not a black blotch. Need to work on it.

Shadows, we agree.

I actually did zero drybrushing on this piece. I picked up every brick, but that was before the general washes and work with pigments. I take your comment of doing more contrast there; I was afraid of bringing too much attention to the floor, since the actual figures on top of it are not that... contrasted.

Thanks for the comments!!

Edit: BTW, gifted this piece to my daughter  :blush:

Edited by Willen
  • Like 5

ahhh yeah, I can see how dry pigments would look like drybrushing.  I do take your point, the more dramatic the lighting on the scene the more the lack of the same contrast would be on the figures themselves.  of course the answer to that is: why didn't you make the figures more dramatic?   I can't emphasize enough how awesome this is.  great job!

• Like 2

ahhh yeah, I can see how dry pigments would look like drybrushing.  I do take your point, the more dramatic the lighting on the scene the more the lack of the same contrast would be on the figures themselves.  of course the answer to that is: why didn't you make the figures more dramatic?   I can't emphasize enough how awesome this is.  great job!

:down:  because this is the extent to my skills.

:blush:  I was actually working on getting better, smoother transitions. I admit I may have gone towards the mush / lost contrast end of the spectrum, especially after checking the pics 

• Like 2

I was just having a little fun with you.  I totally understand. 

I don't think it went mushy.  It looks great.  I think for the future you should concentrate on building darker shadows but its not something that hurts the piece. 

Edited by Dontfear
  • Like 1

No, I totally appreciate it, sometimes we are so engrossed on a paintjob we lose perspective. 

Deeper shadows, got it. My next mini I will make more a point of darker shadows!

• Like 2

YAY WILLEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can do is just sputter !

Fantastic Job, Brilliant conception, magnificent work, and

what an incredible accomplishment !

you Sir are AMAZING !

Thanks for sharing your talent and Vision !

You are Inspirational !

• Like 1