Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mastergunz

Need to find pieces for a wedding cake topper

15 posts in this topic

Hey all, i'm getting married in a little over a month and had the idea to paint my own cake toppers as a surprise to my wife-to-be. Only thing is I am having a damnable time finding any 'generic' bride and groom figures (28mm or bigger) that don't mount some sort of weapon or have to do with zombies. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Gunz

3 people like this

Edited by Pingo

Trying to understand the OP question: if a no-zombies / no-weapons generic cake topper figure is wanted, is that not what all of (or at least most of) the commercially available ones are?

Just buy one, prime it, re-paint it? 

1 person likes this

I agree with TGP. There are some really nice cake figurines that could be primed and painted.

Have you seen the new Dark Sword Stephanie Law piece, The Lovers?

I'm pretty sure it will become a VERY popular wedding cake topper in our little corner of the woods.

4 people like this

I agree with TGP. There are some really nice cake figurines that could be primed and painted.

Have you seen the new Dark Sword Stephanie Law piece, The Lovers?

I'm pretty sure it will become a VERY popular wedding cake topper in our little corner of the woods.

...y'all realize he got married six month ago, right?
2 people like this

Yeah, I noticed last night. Now if someone makes a similar search their question will be answered.

2 people like this

Damned Threadomancers!

2 people like this

Damned Threadomancers!

I've seen threadomancy from both sides now.

2 people like this

Lol, thanks for the continued help guys but yes I have been happily married for several months now. I actually ended up having a coworker make a custom topper out of fondant (she does custom cakes on the side). My wife has a thing for Otters so we asked her to do a pair of them 'rafting' (where they float together on their backs holding hands). One with a bow tie and top hat, the other with a veil and little teeny bouquet. It was pretty awesome actually. :)

-Gunz

7 people like this

Lol, thanks for the continued help guys but yes I have been happily married for several months now. I actually ended up having a coworker make a custom topper out of fondant (she does custom cakes on the side). My wife has a thing for Otters so we asked her to do a pair of them 'rafting' (where they float together on their backs holding hands). One with a bow tie and top hat, the other with a veil and little teeny bouquet. It was pretty awesome actually. :)

-Gunz

Congratulations and many hopes for your continued wedded bliss.

Naopstpicsplzkthx.

1 person likes this