This is my take on Typhus, Death Guard champion of Nurgle.  Added a nurgling to his base and swapped his scythe blade out for a glaive because I thought it looked more awesome on him and I wanted to steal his scythe blade for a daemon prince conversion.  Note, I have decided that taking pictures of Nurgle paint schemes is a major pain.  The nastiness looks awesome for the force but taking pictures is a bear.  <_<

post-7951-0-94182400-1409284400_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-86390500-1409284406_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-91693800-1409284412_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-52065900-1409284420_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-11032200-1409284423_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 20

he is pretty monotone.  I think some simple edge highlighting would give you some contrast without losing the look you have.

• Like 3

He probably could use a bit, though in person the contrast is better.

often true.  so often we end up painting for the camera.  pretty crazy really. 

• Like 2

He probably could use a bit, though in person the contrast is better.

often true.  so often we end up painting for the camera.  pretty crazy really.

For me Nurgle troops are especially difficult to find the balance on. I really don't want them to be too bright or pretty since they are supposed to be corroded and rotting, but that often leads to me getting a bit too happy with the 'wash of disgustingness'. :lol:
  • Like 3

For me Nurgle troops are especially difficult to find the balance on. I really don't want them to be too bright or pretty since they are supposed to be corroded and rotting, but that often leads to me getting a bit too happy with the 'wash of disgustingness'. :lol:

I have the same issues when I paint plague marines/anything Death Guard. You've done a good job on him.

• Like 1

This looks great, I really like the dark colour scheme!

And now I need a personal army of nurglings.....just imagining those little guys hidden all around the apartment..... :wub:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, this was my entry in Reaper's Facebook Paint Your Giant contest. 77178, Fire Giant Warrior, Dark Heaven Bones model sculpted by Jason Wiebe. It is mounted on a 74027, Ruins Vignette Base, a resin base sculpted by Patrick Keith. This model is huge, 7cm high and 13cm wide with the sword. I did some minor conversion on it.   A heavy thundering sound come crushing down the ruined hall. You see orange and red lights dancing between the pillar supporting the stone roof. In the glimpse of a moment, all hell break loose as a dark skin colossus burst from the rubbles wielding a towering incandescent blade. He lands next to you smashing the large tiles of the floor. You are paralyzed in fear as he turns gazing in your direction with fire in his eyes. Desperate, you wonder if you've gone too far exploring this ancient Undermountain realm.                    
    • By Lidless Eye
      Last on today's finished works, a selection of the Gellerpox Infected from the new 40k Kill Team boxed set, "Rogue Trader"

The faction leader, Vulgrar Thricecursed.

The Nightmare Hulk that makes me think GW is just teasing us about Mordheim at this point:

Gnasher-Screamer, who would also make a great Hag.  She's got a built-in coven!

The Gellerpox Mutants:

The wee ones, the Glitchlings:

• By lazarp
      Dark Heaven Legends Thelgar Halfblood 03197 converted using greenstuff and warhammer bits. Painted and used as a pc in my dnd campaign :D

• By Hack Mini Painter
      Here's my team in their new display case.

Cheers,
      H

• By dks
      This is a conversion of the dark elf figure Aundine (14089 in the Warlord line) to represent my latest Pathfinder character, a changeling (orphan of a sea hag mother and a human father) with water-related magic and some rogue abilities.
      You can see the WIP thread here.
      I spent about 6 hours on prep & conversion & basing, and about 5 hours priming & painting.
      This will be a literal "tabletop mini", so I didn't spend the time to get very smooth blends, but it is still much more than a speedpaint.  I took especial care on the face and had fun with her shiny "eelskin" armor. 

Would anyone like to know how I would judge this as an entry in ReaperCon's MSP Open painting contest, in either the Painters Division or the Open Division?

Enjoy,
      Derek
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)