Sign in to follow this  
CAVBOSS

CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

And what scale is cav again?

N-ish. CAV 2 was officially N-scale (about 12 mm), but numerous vehicles and aircraft were produced out-of-scale. CAV:SO is officially 10 mm, but with a couple of exceptions the models didn't change size.

• Like 2

CAV arrived on time yesterday.  began sorting and checking.  the usual assortment of weird and missing.  Missing a Talon, 2 right arms on my thunderbirds, that sort of thing.  They look really good and the new plastic is significantly stiffer than the white. 

On the flip side the design of the parts for the first set seemed to be much sturdier.  maybe it was just the type, but the tabs were bigger and keyed better to allow the mini to be assembled without glue.  so the first batch I have I can pose in multiple positions.  the new ones will have to be glued in one position just to hold them together.  Not really a complaint but I am wondering why.

again, they look great and the majority came though fine.  I will get a list together and send  it off to reaper when finished.

Thanks Reaperites!  Great job on a great product!

• Like 5

Pretty much the same experience as Kangaroorex. (I was missing a left arm assembly for my Thunderbird and the 2 x Ryoshi, IIRC; message sent.)

Reasonable for a complex fulfillment like this.

On the flip side the design of the parts for the first set seemed to be much sturdier.  maybe it was just the type, but the tabs were bigger and keyed better to allow the mini to be assembled without glue.  so the first batch I have I can pose in multiple positions.  the new ones will have to be glued in one position just to hold them together.  Not really a complaint but I am wondering why.

This made inventory significantly harder. Several of the mechs wouldn't hold together at all with press fit, so determining whether parts were incorrect or missing was harder for these than for the first shipment. I'm also expecting to need to pin some of these figures before gluing.

Some very nice pieces, and not necessarily the pieces that I expected to like, either.

• Like 2

Burst transmission received replacements have made it to the forward supply base and are awaiting the 43rd to 'swing by' and pick them up.  Unfortunately , we are still conducting mop up operations that are projected to last another 2-3 local days. All nonessential  have already been transffered to UFFS Palidan and the dropships are standing by. 

• Like 2

I'm just waiting till fulfillment is done to send a message, still not sure if those missile racks count as a flaw or feature :lol: I can work with it either way. Just don't wanna cause more work with "is this valid or not" I mean, I have a painting backlog as long as a pile up during the snow in Atlanta

• Like 1

Got mine yesterday as well.  Completed inventory last night; just a few packing errors (2 minis with 2 left arms and a missing right arm; missing the same 2 ryoshi as everyone else).

Initial impressions are similar to others:

- Lots more 'fiddly pieces' than the old original 8 wave 1.  The Dictators were examples of perfect multi-piece assembly that were both easy to put together and repose.  Most of the new ones have a lot of pieces, and as Doug said, it makes inventory trickier.

- Interesting to see how my reactions to the designs changes with the pieces in hand.  Some of the ones I was 'meh' about in the KS are actually way cooler in person, and a few are vice versa.  I really like almost all of the vehicles; they handled Bones conversion well.  Most of the brand new designs are really cool; the Reapers and Cataphracts are some of my favorites.

- The grey Bones color is hit or miss for me.  It's definitely easier to make out detail while unpainted, but I think it's going to annoy me a lot when it comes to painting.  I feel I'm going to have to add a step to basecoat in white most of the time instead of wash and straight to paint with white bones.  As far as stiffness, it feels about the same to me, and there's a similar amount of limp weapons/warping as the original 8 (I suspect mostly fixable with a hot water dunk).

- I don't own any metal CAV, so the relative size of some of the models was surprising (not in a bad way, just unexpected).  The Katana is big!

Started painting up a couple of Dictators in honor of the arrival of this wave; hopefully I'll have them up in show off before too long!

• Like 3

- I don't own any metal CAV, so the relative size of some of the models was surprising (not in a bad way, just unexpected).  The Katana is big!

The Katana's always been a bit...chunky for its supposed weight and background. Probably should have been downsized in the conversion process, but I guess it wasn't severe enough to bother.

Looking forward to coming home to my models this afternoon!

Is that something to leave out of the report for order errors in your book? I imagine it's not something that can be replaced stand alone, correct?

Since it's in the mold, there is literally no way any replacement we send you would ever not have the same condition. Reporting it will just lead to us shipping you a model that's exactly the same as what you already have.

• Like 1

still need to audit my order but it was a lot of fun going through it!  after i've had my customary tank of morning coffee i'll get to it.

Ryoshis missing from my order as well. All other minis are here. Still need to check with a dryfit if the pieces are all present, but at a glance, things seem good.

I haven't done a thorough part count, but it looks like my order had every model I expected, except for the pair of Ryoshis in the core set.

Initial impressions are similar to others:

- Lots more 'fiddly pieces' than the old original 8 wave 1.  The Dictators were examples of perfect multi-piece assembly that were both easy to put together and repose.  Most of the new ones have a lot of pieces, and as Doug said, it makes inventory trickier.

!

I agree, I found myself sitting down and supergluing some of the joints just to ensure I had a good inventory. Overall, I am extremely happy with backing this KS.