post-11942-0-75006600-1409676441_thumb.jpg

PROJECT...BAYOU FISHING WHARF

DATA...This is the concept drawing/layout (in scale) of the next project that I intend to build. It is a bayou backwater swamp fishing wharf in the deep Cajun South where I had some great times with a buddy while on leave from the service. This will be a nostalgic diorama that I am building for my own collection...for memories!

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 16

That looks like an interest project to tackle...& follow for moi. The motivation for the piece is SPLENDID...sentimentality is an under rated emotion. Have FUN with it all!

• Like 2

That looks like an interest project to tackle...& follow for moi. The motivation for the piece is SPLENDID...sentimentality is an under rated emotion. Have FUN with it all!

Hi malefactus;

It is going to be a fun project...I hope to really work the smaller details on this one. My only concern is/are the 3 figures that I want to use...so far, I am having a difficult time in finding them in stock with any domestic company...I am currently waiting to hear back from Hanger 18 (as to when they might have the figures again).

But I have started work on the smaller pieces...a section at a time...I will see what happens and how it goes.

Paul (Catdancer)

The boat that you did, the one with the bananas, and that building you did previously that was on a wharf, are some of my favourite detailed pieces of yours. This piece seems to be in the same vein so I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with this concept.

• Like 2

The boat that you did, the one with the bananas, and that building you did previously that was on a wharf, are some of my favourite detailed pieces of yours. This piece seems to be in the same vein so I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with this concept.

Hi Darsc;

I fear that you will find disappointment with this project in comparison to the two that you mentioned...the boat in this one is a simple flat bottom swamp rowboat in (30mm scale)...whereas the other was a (54mm) Congo fully equipped motor ferry...and the wharf you mentioned was also a fully detailed (54mm) piece...whereas this is a swamp shanty of sorts with very little detail in comparison.

I am sorry!

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 2

No need to be sorry. Those two pieces are amongst my favourite nonfantasy pieces of yours, but I don't recall ever being disappointed in anything you've posted pics of. ::):

• Like 3

Thank you Darsc...you are too kind!

I just finished the rowboat this evening...will be posting it tomorrow...will look forward to/for your comments with great interest.

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 1

post-11942-0-33276200-1409849234.jpgpost-11942-0-85398000-1409849200.jpgpost-11942-0-09587900-1409849162.jpgpost-11942-0-94099700-1409849126.jpgpost-11942-0-80451500-1409849097_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-10593600-1409849069_thumb.jpg

PROJECT...BAYOU BACKWATER FISHING WHARF...

SUBJECT...Bayou flat bottom swamp rowboat....named (MISS CLAWD)...completely scratch built out of hardwood scale lumber in 30mm scale. (See location on art draft layout drawing).

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 19

The boat looks wonderful but I am especially impressed with the work you did on those oars. Very nicely weathered.

And of course all those little extra touches that you've added to the contents of the boat really bring it to life.

• Like 4

The boat looks wonderful but I am especially impressed with the work you did on those oars. Very nicely weathered.

And of course all those little extra touches that you've added to the contents of the boat really bring it to life.

I couldn't have said it better, this sums up my thoughts exactly.

• Like 2

post-11942-0-73459500-1409932003_thumb.jpg

PROJECT...BAYOU BACKWATER FISHING WHARF...

SUBJECT...This shows the 1st set of the smaller detail parts/pieces that will be located in various areas of the wharf...some are just the raw pieces...pictured are;

1.  Wooden table,,,

2.  Stack of 3 wooden boxes...

3.  Old oil trash drum...

4.  Large wooden barrel with lid...

5.  Torn up paper box with old newspaper pages...

6.  Wooden bottle box with empty bottles...

7.  Large wooden fish box...

8.  (2) crab/lobster traps with wooden marker floats & lines...

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 14

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      About

We have all of the models shown already modeled and test printed, ready to go into production, but molding, mastering, and casting runs are expensive. It would take us a lot of time to raise the funds to put these models into production over time and we ask for funds to make a collection of them at once. We want to put these models into your hands as soon as possible, and Kickstarter can make that possible.
      We are a group of friends from Italy, avid players of Wargames, Role Playing Games and miniatures painting and collecting. I personally have a miniature collection started in 1985 with thousands of pieces; maybe we can say that we played more or less every game with miniatures of the last 30 years… Now we want to create the miniatures we waited uselessly for years that someone else can produce. We have had our miniatures sculpted by some of the best artist of the world, and we will print them on the best services on the market. We strive to give you the best of the best service available.

Namanari are female demons or oni (Kijo). They were once human women who were consumed by jealousy and transformed into demonesses. Namanari still resemble human women. They have small horns and use dark magic to perform their evil deeds, such as summoning ikiryo to attack their enemies. They are not completely evil; there remains a chance for these beginner demons to return to humanity. Konohana was a beautyful woman bethroted to prince Otogi, submissive and learned as befitted a prince wife. During the battle of Watahama, prince Otogi was captured and transformed in a creature of the shadow. Released he returned to his castle, but his new nature quickly showed themself. He submitted Konohana to all sort of evil practices, until finally turning her into a demon like him. Finally turned in an Oni, Konohana and Otogi married. The ceremony was terrible and summoned a lot of terrible creatures from the world of demons. As a full demon princess she often wield his marriage gifts, The Dominatrix Lash, a Katana that turn all the people it killed into Zombies.
      The project for our Konohana model started, as usual, from the research. We want to create completely original models, so we start with searching for documentation, we look for interesting bits and ideas that we think will make the difference from a NICE model to a GREAT model. The second step was sending all the research work to our 2D artist: Bokuman. He work with the reference to create a new model, with his style and his original ideas. After some revisions we have sent the 2D arts to Daniele "Danko" Angelozzi our 3D artist. He started from the 2D arts but was free to elaborate on the concept and he do a really great job, not only mantaining the original idea, but inserting a lot of marvelous details that will let you love to paint this model!

Prince Otogi was a chivalrous samurai, pledged to a girl of great beauty and virtue, Konohana. During the battle of Watahama prince Otogi was captured by his enemy and transformed in a creature of the shadows. Corrupted by the darkness he returned to his castle and begun to influence all the people around him. Slowly his castle become a receptacle of the most depraved warriors, oni and monsters alike. The humans of his village flee or became corrupted from his darkness. Who suffered the most heinous acts was Konohana, slowly transformed in a Namanari, a demon of Envy and Lust. After the dark marriage with the corrupted Konohana, the Lords from the neighbour realms take heed of the terrible situation and set out to destroy the evil couple. After a long and terrible battle the corrupted couple flee the destruction of their castle, cayying with them their treasures and the most faithful of servants. Now they roam the lands, killing and pillaging.
      The project for our Otogi model started, as usual, from the research. We set out to create a companion model for our Konohana Oni Model. Our plan is as always to create completely original models, so we start with searching for documentation, looking for interesting bits and ideas that we think will make the difference from a NICE model to a GREAT model. The second step was sending all the research work to our 2D artist: Bokuman. He work with the reference to create a new model, with his style and his original ideas. This time he have to elaborate a companion model, so he stick to replicate some key elements in the new model. After some revisions we have sent the 2D arts to Alessandro Depaoli our great 3D artist. He started from the 2D arts but was free to elaborate on the concept, not only he created an astounding model, mantaining the original idea and style, but inserting a lot of great details that let this model really stand out!

As i said, we come from a long history of gaming, and in time we have created a fantastic list of classic character archetypes as well as new characters from many popular genres including Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Steampunk, Weird West, Pulp and more. To not put too much confusion in our projects, we choose to start with for the core set of our Fantasy Line as well as numerous stretch goals. We have done a lot of study on our fantasy world, called Windship Traders TM, created rules for wargaming that will be released in another kickstarter, as well as rules and stats for all the mayor miniatures game that you already own.
    • By JGroeling
      Sometimes inspiration strikes and you start fiddling around with an idea without really planning it. This is my second ever piece of terrain, and first one in about 20 years (did a paper towel tube bunker in my teens).

Started off with some packaging material, and decided I would make a garage. That then turned into a workshop, and then kept growing. Somewhere I decided that this would be the cyberpunk equivalent to a wizard's tower, by being the home of some sort of technomagus. Also when I paint it, will make more sense with the wizard reference (hint: yellow bricks at the garage entrance and an Oz themed mural on garage door.)

Early WIP pics in second comment. 

First two pics are from when I first started amd it was still going to be just a garage. 

Third through fifth images are when I started getting the wizard tower idea wth it. 

• By ub3r_n3rd
      Yesterday while I was painting up the gift (Shazirah) for my niece, my brother was painting up this guy! It's Sir Bors from Albion's Legacy Kickstarter. We did a slight modification to him to add the cross in his hand. This is my brother' 2nd painted mini.

• By Jasonator
      I have been sick for several months, and it appears I am turning the corner now.
      Finally got the Noble Wood Elf Couple completed yesterday.
      Magnificent pair to paint from Tom Meirer.  I wanted to get the woods aspect in there, and yet create the Royal hidden in the
      wood feeling.  Their is some subtle gold and brown colors going on in robes.  I'm trying to create "Non" highlights, and yet make the
      figures pop (if that makes sense).
      Here are three photos.  The newly Diabetic diagnosis has caused a bit of (hopefully temporary) eye focusing damage when I use the
      cell phone to take photos. Can't tell if i have blurred a shot or not.

So, let me know what you think of the  Wood Elf and his consort.  The Robes are a mixture of Ruby Red, Brown, Blood read, and four different golds.
      Plied on in layer with browns.
      Jay

• By Chris Palmer
      I thought I would start my own Frostgrave terrain thread, since I started on my second ruin this week, and don't see my self stopping anytime soon. And, I didn't want to keep posting links in David's excellent Frostgrave terrain thread found here,
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65272-frostgrave-terrain/ , and detract from his efforts.

For those that missed it, I already posted my first ruin here in the Frostgrave thread in the Fantasy sub-forum:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/63635-frostgrave/?p=1252554

This week, I thought I'd take things to another level and try my hand at a two-story ruin...
      Two improvements I wanted to try this week were to add more debris on to the base; and to mount the building on a squared base to help it feel more like an urban building.

The main structure is made from cork tiles, and the extra details are made with balsa and bass wood.

IMG_5605 by cnjpalmer

IMG_5606 by cnjpalmer
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 209 Guests (See full list)