Sign in to follow this  
Girot

CAV Bio Army (homebrew)

If I were motivated enough I'd use the construction rules to put together unit cards for these things, lol.  Maybe later on this month I'll crank them out if someone else doesn't beat me to them.

• Like 1

Have you considered modding any of these? Something like the Vanquisher's arm-guns might be something you can graft to the shoulders of the Bathalian Hound, for example (just use a little greenstuff to add a power-pac to their back) or growing out of the Goroloth (especially now that it's in Bones...)

... I might have to do some fiddling on my spare Goroloth, once that arrives... Bones is light enough that it should be fairly simple to do even bigger parts transfers on, right?

• Like 4

It feels so weird that I've only been doing this for a year, now.

Has it really been so little time?

Edit: On a more serious note, I need that hound. So cool. so cool.

• Like 3

If I were motivated enough I'd use the construction rules to put together unit cards for these things, lol.  Maybe later on this month I'll crank them out if someone else doesn't beat me to them.

Why not just pick an existing card?

Have you considered modding any of these? Something like the Vanquisher's arm-guns might be something you can graft to the shoulders of the Bathalian Hound, for example (just use a little greenstuff to add a power-pac to their back) or growing out of the Goroloth (especially now that it's in Bones...)

... I might have to do some fiddling on my spare Goroloth, once that arrives... Bones is light enough that it should be fairly simple to do even bigger parts transfers on, right?

Bones material cuts with scissors if it is thin enough. It cuts very easily.

• Like 1

Most CAVs aren't designed for close combat so I don't think exiting stats would go well with the visual. I think these should get a special ability to grab a CAV. 

"If the model makes a successful close combat roll against a CAV they can choose to grab the model rather than do damage Then each round it can automaticly do 1-3 tracks of damage to the CAV.  If the opposing CAV makes a successful Close Combat roll on it's turn (Just succeedes doesn't have to do damage) or the alien model is destroyed, then the grab is broken. "

Would also make most of them "soft" targets. 

• Like 1

I like the grab attack idea and the Soft SA is a definate. This will definatley take a little playtesting, lol.

I like the grab attack idea and the Soft SA is a definate. This will definatley take a little playtesting, lol.

This was the issue with Psyro back in the day  And it made for extremely unbalanced play.  It was massive slaughter.  Either you got slaughtered in the first two turns, or you survived the sprint across the field into CCV and then tore apart everything.

• Like 3

I'd be going with the "Cthullhu-esque" Bathalians. You can't see specifics of their tech because it is Beyond the Ken of Sane Mortals. Energy transferal at a distance, probability manipulation, quantum-level disruption of atomic structure... in short, ranged attacks. I'd downplay "RARRR CLAWS!" and crank up the "MUAHAHAAA MORTALS" *screaming ensues*

• Like 3

This was the issue with Psyro back in the day  And it made for extremely unbalanced play.  It was massive slaughter.  Either you got slaughtered in the first two turns, or you survived the sprint across the field into CCV and then tore apart everything.

At this time my intention to simply pick unit cards from the existing range and use those instead of making up new ones.  After I've gotten a little less green I'll take a stab at using the construction rules to make something more thematic and befitting the models.  As for ranged weapons?  I've got a big bag of Nid leftovers I can pull from to further equip these beasties.

• Like 3