Sign in to follow this  
Girot

CAV Bio Army (homebrew)

I think that making them soft will negate the slaughter from afar as most of the soft weapons have very limited range. I also think that the fact the initial grab does no damage and a CAV can break it should limit it's power.

Agree it will have to be play tested though.

Id love to have a 'bio-CAV' faction. Given that the races vary from space elves to lizard men it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility. I can see it now, a fairly standard race as politics and interspecies realtions goes (when compared to the other races anyway) but they developed along the lines of 'growing' their warmachines vs manufacturing them. Might make for an interesting spin without nerfing the rules. Just a thought. :;):

Plus, its nice to paint organics every once in a while instead of machines all the time. (blasphemy I know! Lol!)

-Gunz

• Like 1

Sure, and organic look needn't mean "armour literally made of bones", it could mean nanotech so integrated into the species society and evolution that it's indistinguishable from their "natural" components, at least superficially.

• Like 1

Ah, those.  I left them off because they don't translate as well to 10mm scale.  As it stands I'm reaching a bit for those Hoardlings as infantry, but then nobody would have a hard time staring down a 7' tall goofy looking monster as infantry.  Seriously, those things look like they were ported in from Monsters Inc.

• Like 1

Dang. So you've just introduced a Tyranid faction into CAV...

• Like 6

Ironically, I'm planning to use a lot of those models as 'counts as' Tyrannid models for 40K.  The circle is complete.  ::D:

• Like 3

There were some interesting models back then, lol.  I remember when I went to buy my first minis ever it was a choice between the flat-faced carnifex and a box of guardian defenders.  I went with the guardians but always kinda regretted that, lol.

Astral Mauler could work for infantry or vehicle.  Why does it have to be 2-5 little guys?  Why can't it just be one big CAV shredding CCV beast?  Rift Blights could work as well.  Or Blabbering Horrors.  Or a swarm of Prairie Ticks as infantry, with a troop transport

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexelent, Pinky.  That is exactly what we need to take over the world!

Okay the Mauler and Rift Blights are perfect.  The Blabbering Horrors are fun but don't quite fit the aethetic I'm after.  I tried very hard to avoid anything too buggy but seriously considered the Prairie Tick models.

Edited by Girot
  • Like 1