Sign in to follow this  
Girot

CAV Bio Army (homebrew)

Y'know, i've still got my 3rd ed. 'Nid army box that I have never done anything with........may be a good source for parts to build these horrors from. ;D

-Gunz

• Like 2

I want to make 28mm scale necromantic mecha out of zombies....

Pass them off as Zentradi Zombies, maybe? 

• Like 2

The latest releases hit my FLGS yesterday so I popped by and picked up my first wave of Bio CAV: one of each large Bathalian and four Cthulons and four Mind Eaters!

The Centurian for Fire Support

The Primarch for Attack (large size class)

The Exarch for Attack (medium size class)

Mind Eaters for Recon (light EW rig)

Cthulons for either light Recon or Heavy/PA Infantry

I also picked up a huge baggie of scale automobiles that go PERFECTLY with the little infantry.  I can't tell you how much fun I've been having doing dry runs of dioramas today.  I'll take some pics tomorrow and share them.

• Like 3

Plotting can be done via email.... Playing, on the other hand, while PBMs are there, does work a lot better in physical proximity.

• Like 2

Ooo.  Obviously, Reaper needs to release some CAV-scale !Godzilla and !Pacific Rim monsters.  :D  But it looks like we've got a head start on that already.  Great idea!  I can imagine that would be a lot of fun.

It reminds me of a scenario I ran wayyyyyyy back in the day that involved a Godzilla toy, four players with different "megacorporation" factions working on defending their respective quadrants of a city (with "Go-Zero" starting in a big crater in the center), camera crews positioned around, and the victory conditions depending on several factors (surviving points' worth of troops on your side at the end, surviving buildings in your quadrant at the end, and "media points" scored by heroically scoring attacks against Go-Zero while within view of camera crews -- or "media sympathy points" scored if any of your heroic troops go down while bravely defending the civilian population ... while the cameras are rolling, that is).  It kind of fell apart since it mostly devolved into the troops for each force working their way to the opposite end of the table (to exploit my movement rules that tended to make Go-Zero move toward whoever hit him the hardest that turn) in order to goad Go-Zero into stomping a rival's buildings.  By the end, we had very few buildings (or camera crews!) left, but the players seemed to have a blast.  Also, the toy had a "Godzilla scream" feature that we'd fire off every time it made an attack.  It's a wonder the battery didn't burn out.  ;)

Doing something like that but with multiple monsters, and with GIANT STOMPY ROBOTS defending the city could be a blast.  :)

• Like 3

02976_w_1.jpg

I cannot believe I missed this one!!  This is DEFINATELY going in my army!

• Like 4

Astral Mauler could work for infantry or vehicle.  Why does it have to be 2-5 little guys?  Why can't it just be one big CAV shredding CCV beast?  Rift Blights could work as well.  Or Blabbering Horrors.  Or a swarm of Prairie Ticks as infantry, with a troop transport

Okay the Mauler and Rift Blights are perfect.  The Blabbering Horrors are fun but don't quite fit the aethetic I'm after.  I tried very hard to avoid anything too buggy but seriously considered the Prairie Tick models.

You didn't miss it.

You forgot about it.

:poke:

• Like 2