Sign in to follow this  
Erifnogard

Nurgle Chaos Marine Daemon Prince Conversion

Because I have the laser like focus of your average mayfly, I have another Nurgle Chaos Marine Daemon Prince conversion in the works in addition to my currently running one with the Eldritch Demon from Bones.  This one involves the head of the Caller's undead giant rat mount from Necromunda(out of print GW figure) combined with the Nurgle Daemon Prince from GW (if you search on that on their store you will find it).  I am putting up my initial kitbash of the two (minus arms) to solicit ideas for the base.  I'm tempted to wait for the Bones KS2 figures to come out and put the fat, nurgling looking devils from the..er..Devils option on the base with some additional sculpting.  Or I could use some of my plethora of rats.  Thoughts?

post-7951-0-64574900-1409984459_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-32489100-1409984462_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 3

Rats AND demons? A seething mass of zombie worshiper/concubines?

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Also: tail, no tail?

Edited by Erifnogard

rats would be the minions for this demon from the looks of it.  I think no tail would make him/her/it more sinister though.   Maybe the rats swarming it as well not just on the base.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Last on today's finished works, a selection of the Gellerpox Infected from the new 40k Kill Team boxed set, "Rogue Trader"

The faction leader, Vulgrar Thricecursed.

The Nightmare Hulk that makes me think GW is just teasing us about Mordheim at this point:

Gnasher-Screamer, who would also make a great Hag.  She's got a built-in coven!

The Gellerpox Mutants:

The wee ones, the Glitchlings:

• By Hack Mini Painter
      Here's my team in their new display case.

Cheers,
      H

• By Pingo
      More Stuff I did on Summer Vacation.

PingosHusband gave me a set of Citadel "Sisters of the Thorn", female wood elves riding what are supposed to be deer, I think (although they have solid hooves and their antlers attach weirdly). Anyhow, they look pretty cool. The set also could make up some hunky shirtless male riders in creepy antlered masks, and I ended up making one of those along with four of the females.

And then there were parts left over.

Sooo ...  I had enough to make one more full male torso and one female torso lacking hair (and three male torsos that need hair and right arms, but that's a project for another day ...).

Well, what can you do with a torso?

Obviously, make centaurs (horse or spider) out of them. I lugged out my bin o' Bones and found 77264: Female Centaur sculpted by Sandra Garrity (There's a male centaur too, but interestingly the female "horse" part is larger and more robust than the male.) and 77182: Arachnid Archer sculpted by Gene van Horne.

I ruthlessly sliced off the human torso from the centaur and used a pin because I'm not sure how well epoxy adheres to Bones.

I carved the waist of the spider body a little to fit the elf torso, but I didn't take pictures of that. This is the figure fitted in but not yet glued. There wasn't any hair for this torso, so her face is only a hollow mask glued to the neck at a tiny contact point at the back of the chin, fragile and just a little creepy.

I mixed up some epoxy and drizzled little comma-shapes onto parchment paper, let them dry, and peeled them off. Then I mixed more epoxy and blobbed it into the back of the elf's skull and added dried epoxy commas until it looked more or less like hair.

Here are the two of them done:

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Ensign Roxy "Hotshot" Malone, the colour scheme test Voidsman for my Starstriders set.

I think she came out pretty well, and the group should look rather striking, when I eventually get the rest painted.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)