Jump to content

Slendertroll

77169: Flesh Golem (Speedpaint)

Recommended Posts

After spending so long on some contest entries, I decided to whip up a quick monster type. Didn't realize he was supposed to be a flesh golem when I started painting; just that he was some sort of freaky undead. This one took two afternoons.

 

IMG_20140910_131919779_HDR.jpgIMG_20140910_132225612.jpgIMG_20140910_132059481_HDR.jpgIMG_20140910_132122954_HDR.jpg

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice skin! Good job for a speed paint! You could add some blood/puss leaking from the stitching too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice skin! Good job for a speed paint! You could add some blood/puss leaking from the stitching too!

Yikes, that's a little much for my style! I was going for a bit more of a bloodless, dried-out look anyway.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Crowley
      As I said on my Saproling's topic, I had today off, so...  I decided that in addition to the saprolings, I'd knock out some tabletop quality ghouls. They were already assembled and primed, so the first thing was to paint the undead flesh. I used Vampire Shadow for their sickly skin. It didn't quite match the ghoul I'd painted before, but it was close enough. I sadly didn't always take good notes...

      After that I decided that as these were primarily going to be gaming ghouls, and not for a unified force for Kings of War, they'd each get their own clothing color: Red, Green, Blue, Tan, and Dark Brown. I used Rusty Red, Muddy Olive, Rich Indigo, Desert Stone, and Ruddy Flesh. The eyes were all painted with Walnut Brown, as were the spikes sticking out of them. 


      Then I washed them all with a mix of 4 parts sepia wash and 1 part black wash. 

      A little bit of highlighting with the base clothing color, then it was time to paint the bases black, and then flock them! Oh, and a bit of watered down rusty red around the mouth.

       
      Oh, and aged pewter on the spikes and the cleaver. 
       

      Looking good for such quick work.  
    • By Citrine
      Some Stone Golems (SKU 77171) to challenge my players with in some future game session.
       


    • By Citrine
      I had fun painting these Bones mushroom men (SKU 77345) to a tabletop standard.  Their faces are so derpy and cool!
       


       
    • By Pochi
      I painted the Bones Black, Bones, and Wizkids owlbears as Great Horned Owls. This is the Bones owlbear. My husband calls him the crazy chicken. He is a little on the scrawny side and more than a bit manic. His face reminds me of Animal from the Muppets.
       





    • By Auberon
      I have had some VMA Signal Red (metallic) gathering dust for quite a while, so this morning I decided to try it out.  Three hours later (including finding and shaking the paint) I have a complete test subject. I think that given the time to really work with it a person could do a decent TMM red with it.  As is, I have a tabletop ready dwarf.
       



       
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 101 Guests (See full list)

×