Sirithiliel

03655: Rusty Iron Cobra

What a great idea! I am currently in the middle of painting this one as well, I will have to decide if mine is going to have rust spots...

• Like 3

Needs oil!

Nicely done.  Other than Martin, I think you're the first to put paint to this one.  Love it!

Super glad! He was fun  ^_^ Thanks again for sending him to me

Very nice rust effect, Siri.

Thanks! I've taken quite a liking to painting rust now  ::D:

Haven't seen that one before! Neat sculpt and a very awesome rusty paint job on there. Kudos!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dragoneye
      Playing with Secret Weapon Miniatures weathering pigments (finally...) Making a rusty wrought iron fence is really fun! I think I need to add a few more shadows to make the bits pop. I'm pretty happy with this, but C&C welcome and appreciated!

• By TaleSpinner
      For my ReaperCon entry this year, I painted my Iron Cobra and a chest that I sculpted for one of the Bones KS's.  I'm not entirely happy with these pictures, as the blue seems to be diminished in them (the background and steel colors are actually light blue; maybe it is my monitor?).  I may adjust them later and re-post, but for now, they're pretty close (as close as I can get when photographing metallic paint).

Oh, and I placed a Gold Medal with this in the Open Category. 

• By LarsM
      This is my first go at using chipping medium, and in all an experiment with weathering. 
      Just wanted to share my experiment with everyone, do not really consider this as a tutorial as I did not know what I was doing. :o) 

1. A piece of a blister pack plastic, prime black, and painted a mix of Black Brown and Dry Rust. 
      2. Wet blending with following colors in random pattern; Black Brown, Wet Mud, Explosion Orange. 
      3. Wash with mix of Flesh Wash and Dark Red. 
      4. Stipling and a bit of wet blending with Wet Mud and Explosion Orange. 
      5. Wash with mix of Flesh Wash and Wet Mud. 
      6. Adding Chipping medium to the top and water and salt to the bottom. 
      The idea with the salt is that it can be peeled of later to leave 'paint chips'. But I only seen it achived with an airbrush, so wanted to try it with brush. 
      7. Green paint, couple of layers. Way most of the salt fell off, leaving only the very small pieces, they do give a good structure of rust-bubling paint though. 
      8. Water to start the chipping. I ned a bit more patience, so the first chips went too deep and removed some of the brown paint too. And to get the chipping look good seems to need some practice.. 
      I used a tooth brush and a tooth pick to scratch the green paint off. 
      9. 'Repaired' some places with stipling of Wet Mud and Explosion Orange and a wash of Dry Rust. 
      10. Added streaks with Strong Tone and Dry Rust. And made the rust patches darker with Dry Rust.
      Those streaks really breathed life into the decay.
      Done!

Came out allright, but the streaks seems to be making a big difference.im

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Tiny, so tiny...

She slither down,
      Kev!
    • By Pochi
      Finished the last mini in the Bones 3 Ogre Command set. Here is the Ogre Chieftain.

He doesn't have a squire to polish his armor and the goblins use spit and their loincloths so....his armor isn't in the best of shape.

The shield on the back probably needs some battle damage but I hated to mess it up after I spent so much time getting it to look nice! Maybe he "found" it.

So here are pictures of the Ogre Chieftain and a group shot at the end. (I need a large photo background!)

I added a tutorial on how to do the rust effect.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 118 Guests (See full list)