Sign in to follow this  
Coleford

77037: Medusa

This model really lends itself well to the Bones Material because the whole thing has a heck of a lot of texture, especially the abs and the tail. Great fun to paint, and real easy.

Link (Because of the Nudity)
http://i.imgur.com/P67STlX.jpg

Edited by Coleford
  • Like 22

I like the coloring on the scale. Is that a black mix?

On the tail, it was based Reaper Stone Grey, washed with a mix50/50 of GW Agarax Earth Shade and GW... Green... Wash... One (not at my desk right now), and then dry brushed with GW Denheb Stone.

I've just began experimenting with actually thinning my paints and mixing to make washes and layers and what not.

• Like 1

VERY NICELY DONE! Your color choices are TERRIFIC; that, combined with some FINE brushwork, made the mini a disturbingly lovely creation.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sanael
      Got a little bored with the half-finished things on my desk (which explains why they're all half finished and over two years old... Or eight years, in one case...), So I decided I'd start on something I've wanted to paint to a high level for a long time.

Jeff Grace did a magnificent job sculpting this snake lady, and offering a lot of wonderful opportunity for painters. Although I love love looooooove Marike Reimer's subtly colored studio paint job, I wanted something with a bit more color... Beautiful as they are, Diamondbacks aren't the only snakes in the world, and I like snake-folk that aren't just Brown or green.

So I'm talking inspiration from the lovely Redbellied Snake, a small species of the Eastern USA. Maybe too docile a species to expect as a Gorgon, but I don't mind. Look at the color!

So the plan is to go with the highly saturated red-orange of her scutes, abdomen and face, the relatively dull brown of her back, and a pale bluey green for her dress (I suppose the dress is more or less a chiton, but the more I've looked at it, the more it starts looking like a peplos with sleeves and a very small himation...I dunno). I also intend transparency on the garment, which is why I stayed inside the lines about as well as a kindergartner on Red Bull.

This is about 15 minutes of work, that's all I had during lunch today. I also did not write down my paints, so I'll get that formula tomorrow. I am super excited about that red-orange, though!
    • By TripleH
      Started working on this guy today for one of my player.
      Since I'm a "newbie" and have no experience in working with skin, I was wondering if Reaper's Flesh Wash would look ok with the Elf Flesh base-coat for the skin.

For the hair, the player want him to be carrot-top with a touch of grey. The could prove to be interesting. 

I'm also looking for suggestions for his clothing. almost anything is fair game, all though the campaign setting is in a desert/desolation area.

• By 72moonglum
      Hi All,
      Ever since I saw this design in the Kickstarter, I really liked her a lot, and when they made her in metal, I had to get her.  Of course between now and then many months have gone by but I've finally gotten her painted, together with some other hobgoblins I've been working on.  When I read the Monster Manual for coloring it said "their faces are bright red-orange to red", so for whatever reason I omitted the red part and just went orange.  I think she came out in any case reasonably well though.

I don't work very often with multiple-piece models, and with this chicky poo, I had to attach the hand and bow to her arm.  Previously I've always attached pieces at the beginning, but this time finally listened to my reasonable nerd self and kept that piece separate, and attached it after the rest of the model was painted.  I had previously painted the hand when I painted her skin elsewhere, but then attached the hand and bow and ended up priming and painting the bow after everything else was ready to go and that seemed to work out pretty well.

The hardest color choice I had on her actually was her bandana. Yellow was a last resort, don't know if it would have been better another color? Anyway, hope you enjoy her!
    • By Glitterwolf
      This is from Rackham/Confrontation an Ophidian Warrior.
      He is a Heavy Snake Infantryman for my Lost World.

He originally came with a sword to put on his side, but I left it off.
      Liked him better this way.

He is on a resin base from Micro Art Studio enhanded with Vallejo Still Water.
      WIP is here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=136

On to the pics, some against my Jungle Backdrop Board.
      Likes and comments welcome.

• By Metalchaos
      Translucent blue 77310, Water Weird, Dark Heaven Bones sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.          
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 0 Anonymous, 116 Guests (See full list)