Sign in to follow this  
Dontfear

[SPLIT] Bones 2 Update 9.12.14 conversation

I could answer the question for you, if you like.

Or would that be un-fun?

My vote is for "un-fun" personally. I dunno if I'll break out the checklist but I'm SURE someone has it ready to go... : )

Edited by Reaperbryan
  • Like 2

My first guess is some of the mouslings.

I definitely didn't do an exhaustive comparison, but it looks like there are fewer mouslings then there should be and they are hidden behind some tall set decoration as if someone doesn't want them to be easy to count/identify.

Just a guess though.

ETA: I'm not going to spend any more time trying to guess now, although I'm eager to see what they turn out to be. 

Edited by uncas
  • Like 2

I did not take into account when I pledged that not only would I spend almost $200 on Bones, but

- that I might need a bigger house now

- that I need bigger bottles of primer and paint

- that I probably should quit my job to have time to paint everything ...

Really looking forward to it (gulp) ...

• Like 6

I think I can do some really interesting things with Tamiya Clear Blue and that figure. The base will provide a tonne of contrast,and if I can make the head look like breaking foam...

Seeing what was previously done with the red fire elementals and green undeads, I expect some beautiful results.

Right now, the water weird is my immediate favorite. The base looks like an ice sculpture.

• Like 3

I definitely didn't do an exhaustive comparison, but it looks like there are fewer mouslings then there should be and they are hidden behind some tall set decoration as if someone doesn't want them to be easy to count/identify.

Just a guess though.

ETA: I'm not going to spend any more time trying to guess now, although I'm eager to see what they turn out to be. 

Nothing was deliberately hidden.  The models were glued to 8x10 foam core boards for transportation and display at PAX, and were freely available to attendees for close examination.  When compiling the placards into a line for the video, an unintended consequence was that some models were obscured by the others.

As each placard was build with the largest models at the back, it meant in some cases that the models at the back of one placard obscured the models at the front of the other placard.

First off, that's a great video by Kit and Bryan. I was at PAX and the video is still exciting even after coveting  drooling all over  trying to "borrow"  gazing longingly at  checking these out several times. Reaper's booth was just off the main escalator, I went by at least twice a day.

Maybe this isn't quite the place in the forum for this, (please nerf as necessary) but I do have two questions...

1) You are about to ship a tremendous number of bones soon, and most of the people on the forum here have taken to using and recommending the liner colors as the de-facto base coat for bones. Is there any chance Reaper could offer 2oz bottles of the liners?

2) Is there any way we could opt for an original fulfillment/shipment (lucky wave #1) date if we pay an extra shipping and handling fee to later ship the 6 figures (or kits) that didn't make it on time?

• Like 4

First off, that's a great video by Kit and Bryan. I was at PAX and the video is still exciting even after coveting  drooling all over  trying to "borrow"  gazing longingly at  checking these out several times. Reaper's booth was just off the main escalator, I went by at least twice a day.

Maybe this isn't quite the place in the forum for this, (please nerf as necessary) but I do have two questions...

1) You are about to ship a tremendous number of bones soon, and most of the people on the forum here have taken to using and recommending the liner colors as the de-facto base coat for bones. Is there any chance Reaper could offer 2oz bottles of the liners?

2) Is there any way we could opt for an original fulfillment/shipment (lucky wave #1) date if we pay an extra shipping and handling fee to later ship the 6 figures (or kits) that didn't make it on time?

1) we do not get large bottles from our suppliers, and are unlikely to be able to get them in quantity in time.

2) No.  The Core Sets will not be shipped to us until they are complete, and thus we will not be shipping them to you until they are complete.  This is not a case of "we have everything in the building except this 6 figures".

Ooo, a 2-oz bottle of liner would be amazing...

Maybe something to think about before the CAVstarter fullfills? Because that is going to eat the hell out of some paint...

• Like 3

1) we do not get large bottles from our suppliers, and are unlikely to be able to get them in quantity in time.

2) No.  The Core Sets will not be shipped to us until they are complete, and thus we will not be shipping them to you until they are complete.  This is not a case of "we have everything in the building except this 6 figures".

Thank you for the quick replies, Bryan. Sure it's disappointing that these will be delayed, but I still agree that a delay is better than shipping out a product that doesn't meet the quality Reaper and their backers are looking for. Staring at them at PAX was a sweet torture though, knowing we still have a couple months to go.

Please don't take my grumbling to heart, It's all because I love your products and can't wait for them to arrive.

• Like 4

Just a guess though.

Nothing was deliberately hidden.  The models were glued to 8x10 foam core boards for transportation and display at PAX, and were freely available to attendees for close examination.  When compiling the placards into a line for the video, an unintended consequence was that some models were obscured by the others.

As each placard was build with the largest models at the back, it meant in some cases that the models at the back of one placard obscured the models at the front of the other placard.

That makes sense.  I didn't realize they were glued down from the video.  

• Like 1

Just a guess though.

That makes sense.  I didn't realize they were glued down from the video.  

Everything but the gelatinous cube was glued down. We got to lift the cube to see the base inside, as well as see how it fits on the other guys.

• Like 4