Girot

CAV:SO - Force Group Examples

I reckon you should be able to get four Merc forces out of the Core. Just split everything up as close to equally as possible, and if there's a big gap in special/counter that makes some of the unlocked models contentious, leave 'em out. Go for nearly identical forces, nearly identical squads.

• Like 2

I reckon you should be able to get four Merc forces out of the Core. Just split everything up as close to equally as possible, and if there's a big gap in special/counter that makes some of the unlocked models contentious, leave 'em out. Go for nearly identical forces, nearly identical squads.

That is what I was trying to demonstrate with the graphical examples.  I'll try splitting up the entire Core four ways as evenly as possible and see if that works within the existing squad construction restrictions.  The important thing here is to make sure everybody has a balance of Attack, FS, and Recon.  The Recon models can fight just fine, and are fast as hell, but are a bit squishy.  I'd say three players would be "comfortable" while four would be interesting.  I'm looking forward to trying this myself.

I may just end up compiling the enter series of graphics into a downloadable PDF if there is an interest.

• Like 1

on that note prepare to have your mind exploded:

Okay, now how many extras do I need to add to my basic pledge to field this force!  ^_^

For kicks and giggles, I wrote a spreadsheet that calculates the cost of adding each of these forces to your pledge.

Ah! Thanks wax_eagle! ::D:

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1

Girot:  I would be interested in a downloadable pdf after it has all played out.  Having never played the game before it is easier to get started when forces have already been laid out for me.  How many squads do you use to play the game?  The first couple are 4 squads, is this the minimum number?

When I do the PDF i will make some examples of smaller forces. We can call them "training units"' LOL.

• Like 2