Darcstaar

Crypt of the Everflame Recruitment

448 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

Gonna jump right in as a first time GM for PBP.

Pathfinder Crypt of the Everflame module.

Rules:

Pathfinder Core Rulebook 6th printing or earlier with appropriate errata.

Never played this module/series.

Only items, classes, races, feats from Core Rulebook.

1st level. 20 points "point buy system."

Good or Neutral Alignments.

No "Traits"

Declare "favored class" and bonus HP or Skill

Average Starting gold for class from the table, not random.

Looking for 5 players so if one is absent, we can still press on.

Players roll their own dice and post rolls and modifiers: honor system.

I vow to post at least twice weekly ;)

Be respectful to me and other members: it may be my first time on PBP as GM, but not my first time as a GM for this game system.

Once we have a group, pm me emails so I can discreetly nudge absentees

If this sounds OK to you, post some characters.

Edited by Darcstaar
2 people like this

If you need a player I'll play but I'll let everyone else in first.

Hello, I'm interested in joining. I've never played pbp though, may I ask what's involved or rules? Are there set times that the group is supposed to meet every week?

To be quite honest, I haven't played one yet either, although I am gearing up to join one. I did review 70+ pages of posts on Haldir's Temple of Elemental Evil thread. So I have an idea of how things work. Some groups try to arrange time to all be watching the posts at the same time to get something like a table game. That seems very difficult to accomplish, so I doubt most groups accomplish that very often. What usually seems to happen is people posting every 24 hours or so, or at least a few times per week. Since it's my first time, I am just hoping to post at least twice weekly as the GM.

If you are interested, the first thing to do is make a Pathfinder 1st level character using the guidelines set forth in the original post. Once you have it, post it to this thread. Once I have 4 or 5 members committed, I'll message the admin to start our gaming thread in "The Playing."

OK, that sounds good. Do we wait for group consensus on class makeup? I'm interested in monk, cleric, fighter or ranger/bard (in that order)

No one else has put up a class. So, if monk is your first pick, make a monk and post it and you'll lock it in!

Khim Leadgrinder, Dwarven Monk.  

Youngest son of a family of ore smelters. When Khim was barely weaned he was sent to an uncles temple to help out with the daily chores. While there, he found an aptitude for the physical rigors required by the martial arts. During study Khim  had a rival student, Caith Charmseeker, that continued to best Khim at all things. Eventually, During a martial arts contest, Khim cheated to best Caith. Khim's disgrace was found out.  Khim's uncle, Dimgol Informed Khim he was to leave, and not return until, he has learned to, "Hold fire in his hands, underwater."  Khim has been travelling ever since. 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1025015

Huzzah!

Well done!

Davor (Khim Leadgrinder) has answered the call to arms!

Who is next?

I forgot to declare, monk = favoured class

And bonus hp.

I'll jump in. Have only played a little bit of Pathfinder so I'm still pretty clumsy with the mechanics.

Ok. We have a monk so far. Craft a first level character according to the guidelines, post it here, and when we get 4-5 players we'll start. If you have any creation issues or questions you can post here or pm me, I'm happy to help.

Taeral - Half Elf Ranger

Favored Class: Ranger

Bonus: Skill

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B02yaH8ONGPAZGdjUkN4S1RNekk/view?usp=sharing

In character speak will be green.

Taeral looks more human than elven with his black hair and blue eyes. He prefers to spend his time out in the woods so he lacks a bit of social polish and tends to come off as a bit curt. He also prefers to keep his affairs to himself so he has put in a bit of practice going unnoticed. 

Could use some suggestions on my Favored enemy. Would prefer to not pick something we'll never encounter. 

My humble opinion as a player is Undead for the first favored enemy.  It looks like  you already took that and for flavor, added Knowledge Religion to "know thy enemy."

Favored Enemy: Undead will be useful at first level, and useful most other levels since there are undead that span a wide range of power/level.

In looking over the character sheet, it looks like you added both an extra skill point, and an extra hit point.  Your post says you want to use the skill point, so your total HP at first level with max (d10) and CON Bonus of +1, should be 11.

Also, as a half-elf, you need to pick your second favored class at first level.

Finally, please flesh out your gear.  Secondary weapon, pouches, rations, waterskin, etc.

OK.

2 characters down, 2-3 more to go!

Was gonna ask about buying rations etc. Guess there is a general supply list in the CHB?

Put undead in as an educated guess. Thought I had removed the extra HP. Had picked Cleric as second favored class Dunno why it went away.