Darcstaar

Crypt of the Everflame Recruitment

438 posts in this topic

I think I'll make up a Bard or Rogue or slim chance a sorcerer/wizard. Leaning mostly towards a bard thou.

If the remaining players are uninterested in playing Healer or tank roll, i'm absolutely willing to roll up another character. 

Yep!

Sounds like the party could use another warrior or healer type.

1 person likes this

Is there still room or has this moved on? New at pbf. Played a bit of pbem back when that was popular. I am very familiar with the pathfinder ruleset both as player and GM.

I would be happy to fill the wizard/witch slot or the healer slot.

We have room. Monk and Ranger so far. Besides you, two other interested, but no characters posted. Post your character to lock it in. Once I get 4 or 5 we'll start!

I should have mine up tomorrow sometime. At least a rough sheet. Waiting for a new computer (should be here next Tuesday ) & once I get that I'll reinstall Hero Lab for a proper sheet.

Narrowed it down to gnome or halfling rogue.

For me a dwarven cleric Of Sarenrae (Bad experience with the undead) backstorback story and char sheet tomorrow

Computer came early!

I will have Mr Rogue up this weekend.

Good. I ran into RAC this weekend and pretty much did nothing else. I will get my character up as soon as I Fi d a way to cut and paste his backstory from where it is to here. (There are some things that tablets fail miserably at... cut and paste is one of them.

And we find a way!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1040683

Favored classes:

Cleric

fighter

Favored class bonus: 1 skill point

Description:

Short and broad with sandy hair that was once darker but has been bleached out by many years in the sun. His skin is also surprisingly weather worn and sunburned to a mahogany hue. He wears scale mail polished to brilliance and a white cape with the sword and sun on the back. A scimitar hangs at his side.

Backstory: (sorry for the extra but I have been forcing my players to do this and fairs fair...)

Morgrym was born and raised by his family in Paddlegate, among the ruins of the dwarven mines there. He initially learned the art of weaponsmithing and crafting metals from his father and brothers. he discovered a small forge in the ruins and began using it in secret. The pieces he made at the little forge were astounding for one so young. Steel work of top quality and exquisite craftsmanship flowed from his hands in the little forge. Much later he received a special request to create a new holy symbol for the latest high priest of Serenrae. Pressed for time on the second day and he stayed at the forge late into the night, completing the icon just at the stroke of midnight.

As he finished he discovered the cause for his dislike of staying past dark. All around him rose angry spirits of the grave, howling and clawing for his life. In desperation he held up the symbol and called for protection. there was a bright flash an then nothing.

When he awoke the next morning there was ashes and pieces of the destroyed smithy everywhere. The heavy metal anvil was half slagged as if by a great heat and everything remotely flammable burned beyond recognition. The icon, once steel and silver was now gold and mithril and the image of the symbol was seared onto his chest. Whenever he stepped into the darkness, a glowing nimbus surrounded him.

When the priests of Serenrae came to collect the icon, they saw the symbol burned into his skin and asked him to come to their temple as one marked by their god. With the forge destroyed and his family uncomfortable about his new condition he set off to Merab in Thuvia to eventually become a priest of Serenrae. After years in the hot desserts of Thuvia he completed his training in the priesthood. The nimbus eventually faded except for a glow in his eyes whenever he strives against the undead.

1 person likes this

Ok sorry for the delays the last couple days on this one. As I said, I got a new computer, been using a crappy almost 10 year old machine that was on it's last legs. This one while not a powerhouse is a modern Win 8.1 machine so a little bit of a learning curve. Not to mention, new machine for my Hero Lab license as well. I'm gonna go with a gnome rogue for the game.

I'll have the character up tomorrow for sure.

thanks for keeping this one alive. Need my Pathfinder fix!!

Kangaroorex,

I was not able to view your Myth-Weavers post, even with creating an account there.
Is there a security feature for user-level access?
Maybe make it public?
I was able to see Davor's without a problem...

Thanks.

I give you & everyone else playing

Quigley Nimblefingers, gnome rogue!!

I'll come up with a backstory but more or less he is on the run from the law from a few towns as he hasn't paid off some gambling debts & has "borrowed" a few items along the way.

lmk if you can't access the link.

thx

RM

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Disemboweler
      Hello everyone. Here are some goblins a painted that I'm sure many of you are familiar with. I have not posted anything in a long time because married life kind of takes up lots of my time :) 

• By OneBoot
      One of MrBoot's coworkers found out that I painted minis (apparently my husband has been, ah, talking about my skills at work  ), and wanted to know if I would be willing to take a commission for his player character. He provided the figure, a Wizkids male elf sorcerer, with a neat translucent fireball spell effect surrounding one hand, as well as his character's background and some details he'd like. I asked some clarifying questions about color scheme and the base and such, as well as explained generally how much different paint job qualities would be. He opted for my "deluxe" level, which includes freehand details and a nice base, since he expects this character to stick around for awhile.

His character is a half-gold dragon pyromancer, with "subtle patches of gold scales on his skin" and "gold eyes with red flecks" (I could not manage the red flecks, but did manage to get a wee bit of gold in there), as well as a "cloak with a subtle dragon scale pattern" (my suggestion to him, since he wasn't sure what he wanted on the cloak).

I found this mini both a lot of fun and terribly frustrating to paint; the details were muddy or missing in some places while being oddly sharp in others, and trying to work around the cloak and staff were at times irritating. Also, I don't know what kind of plastic the thing's made out of, but it half-murdered my hand trying to remove the integrated base so I could re-base it. But I eventually finished it, and I have to say I'm really quite happy with how it turned out! Especially the fire, I took a chance on doing a couple ink glazes/washes to preserve the translucency, and it worked out exactly like I'd hoped it would!

The base is from Secret Weapon Miniatures.

Anyways, enough wordy stuff, here's the pictures!

The lighting is darker in this one because I was trying to capture the proper color of the cloak. It's slightly more orange in person, and not quite as bright. The patch of scales on the back of his hand is visible here (I used metallic paint so it's actually shiny).

And here's some close-ups of his face; you can see the shiny patch of scales on his cheek more clearly here, as well as the dot of gold in his eye.

Colors used: (this is mostly for my own records)
      Brown liner
      P3 Red ink
      P3 Yellow ink
      Dragon Bronze (so shiny!)
      Mahogany brown
      Chestnut brown
      Ginger cookie
      Tanned leather
      Oiled leather
      Leather brown
      Spattered crimson
      Big top red
      Heraldic red
      Leather white
      Solid white
      Stone grey
      Powderburn brown
      Golden shadow
      Palomino gold
      Sun yellow

New things I tried on this piece:
      *Eyebrows - those things were stupidly hard to get right, I ended up redoing them like 4 times
      *Freehand - I kinda just...figured out the scale pattern as I went. It's not great, but not as terrible as my usual attempts at freehand, so I'm okay with it. I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did, given that I was annoyingly shaky when I was trying it, but I was down to the wire and didn't have time to wait until I was steadier
      *Painting a translucent surface - I made a thin wash/glaze with P3 ink, Brush-on sealer, wash medium, and a little water. I wish I'd written down the proportions of each I used, since the resulting mixture worked great!

He was SO happy with it when MrBoot gave it to him today that he paid me extra! Which was quite nice, since after I was a good part of the way through painting it I realized I had rather undercharged him for the level of detail he'd requested (I'd charged $35, thinking I'd have it done in about 7 hours), and I actually ended up giving him what I would consider a $50 paint job anyways.

So overall, for my second commission, it was a very positive experience!

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By InvisibleThumb
      Yet another speed paint, this one pretty much human sized.  I'm thinking of using this one in a Frostgrave warband.  It's not exactly human, but I think that works in the setting (there are beast crafters after all).  If I do decide to use it in a warband I think I'll have to base it on something standard.

• By FirstLevelFighter
      My pathfinder Sarenite paladin, Zekir, has picked up a couple of followers. The first is Aysun, an oracle. I did a little conversion and painted up 77217: Mi-Sher by Julie Guthrie to represent this daughter of the desert, diviner of the Dawnflower, and servant of the spirits of her ancestors. I cut off her left hand and scimitar and replaced them with the left hand of 77091: Nienna, Female Elf Ranger by Werner Klocke.

I also eventually lopped off her other scimitar, before deciding to keep it after all and pinning it back on. The brooch in her left hand is made from a tiny washer and a rhinestone.

She is painted up to match Zekir's color scheme.

• By haldir

Sunless Citadel (from Tales of the Yawning Portal)
      a Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition play by post
      Author: Bruce Cordell

Oakhurst,

Kythorn (June) 13th (a week before the Summer Solstice) in the year of 1493 CR

The town of Oakhurst lies about 3 hexes (whatever the scale is) NW of the ruins of Thundertree. The area surrounding the small town of only 900 people consists of dusty plains & very little vegetation. There are some tiny trees, sapling mainly here & there but nothing noteworthy. There are a range of hills to the north. These eventually turn into mountains & the most noteworthy peak, Mt Hotenow sits in the middle of them. Also near the town is a great forest that extends to the south & the north, the mysterious Neverwinter Wood. The party, begin it's journey is the city of Neverwinter. A small parchment tacked to a bulletin board saying

"Adventures Wanted! Please inquiry at Ol Boar Inn in Oakhurst"

You have traveled the New Road to get to the small town. You are at the outskirts of the town, where the road splits into two roads, You have arrived around noon, the heat of late spring season starting to rise. The buildings are in decent shape, most noteworthy is the Mayor's building & the General Store being the best kept of the town. You recognize the Ol Boar Inn, by the large, hanging wooden sign with a stylized boar on it:

The townsfolk eye you but don't give you any troubles. You see the town consists mostly of humans, with a smattering of the other common races of the Realms. One catches your eye, a female gnome wearing a bright color robe with a pendent around her neck:

She  is at what appears to be a small temple. She sees you & offers a greeting

"Welcome to Oakhurst. May Lathander's morning light shine upon you all in the morning." 
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)