Darcstaar

Crypt of the Everflame Recruitment

438 posts in this topic

Yup. I hadn't updated Khim with his bracers yet.

Keep shouting like that and you will attract technicolor wolves from the randomness thread!

::D:

1 person likes this

Everyone check if you can post in Playing.

Going to be camping for the next week so assume that I do quiet ranger loner stuff when we get to town. 

Morgrym did lay claim to the chainmail.  most of the rest of it would be up for grabs.  I suggest the party keep the following:

all potions

all armor and weapons (converted as necessary)

wand

gem

bag of holding

the ring of swimming (there are two dwarves in the party, water is not our friend...)

the rest of it we should probably convert to provide the party with spending money, supplies, and at least 1 enchanted weapon for each member if possible with the fighters as priority and Morgrym at the lowest priority because, well, other ways of dealing with enchanted beasties. ::D:

any one else have thoughts?

Feel free to get creative too:  you'll probably have time to commission cheap magic, like +1, +2 or +3 skill bonus magic wondrous items (like for thieve's tools, goggles for perception, etc).  Pathfinder is very much about magic = technology, and always seemed like magic is everywhere.

For armor and weapons, you'd be limited to +1 in Kassen.

1 person likes this

Going to take a level of Linguistics, while not trying to meta game. Any pointers on what we might encounter or is in the area?

Also what books we taking from again? PH, Adv PH? & ?

Crypt was just Core Rulebook ;)

Urban

Ok np

I knew we were doing limited books, just forgot which ones. Which really I don't mind.

Updated sheet

Quigley Level 3

I went ahead & used party funds for some new gear. If that isn't ok I can always change back to my original gear. Really my new gear is a hand crossbow (100 gold) & some crossbow bolts 10 (1 gold)  & studded leather (25 gold).

I took 2 weapons fighting as my feat. I was going to add anther rogue talent but there really wasn't much I liked. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thos works for me!  Are we selling the shield or is our ranger going to use it?

If we can afford it I would like to add a +1 scimitar to our collection or an undead bane scimitar (my preference, morgrym has a thing about the dead staying dead, or at least returning fully functional from the afterlife, not charged with negative energy.

Edited for autocorrupt issues...

Edited by Kangaroorex
1 person likes this

+1 scimitar is available.  Undead Bane is too powerful for this backwater.

I'm going to wait to move the action forward until you have all leveled your characters and worked out purchases.

Remember, hit points you roll once.  If below average, take the average.

d8 = 5, d10 = 6.

Also, don't forget the +1 hp or skill point for favored class.

I'm sorry, I've had unannounced company this week. I should be able to level up tonight. 

How are our funds holding up? Is there funds/convertible weapons for everyone to get a +1 item?  I believe at level 4 I have the ability to attack as with a magic weapons.... We could take a chance that we don't run into incorporeal enemies....

Once again I suck at leveling up. Went ahead and installed PCGen to help. Doing ok on most things.Couple of questions though.

Are we using traits?

I've got the Self sufficient trait and the precise shot trait It says I get one more, any suggestions?

Languages, I have Common, elven and dwarvish. It says I get one more, any suggestions?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By InvisibleThumb
      Yet another speed paint, this one pretty much human sized.  I'm thinking of using this one in a Frostgrave warband.  It's not exactly human, but I think that works in the setting (there are beast crafters after all).  If I do decide to use it in a warband I think I'll have to base it on something standard.

• By FirstLevelFighter
      My pathfinder Sarenite paladin, Zekir, has picked up a couple of followers. The first is Aysun, an oracle. I did a little conversion and painted up 77217: Mi-Sher by Julie Guthrie to represent this daughter of the desert, diviner of the Dawnflower, and servant of the spirits of her ancestors. I cut off her left hand and scimitar and replaced them with the left hand of 77091: Nienna, Female Elf Ranger by Werner Klocke.

I also eventually lopped off her other scimitar, before deciding to keep it after all and pinning it back on. The brooch in her left hand is made from a tiny washer and a rhinestone.

She is painted up to match Zekir's color scheme.

• By haldir

Sunless Citadel (from Tales of the Yawning Portal)
      a Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition play by post
      Author: Bruce Cordell

Oakhurst,

Kythorn (June) 13th (a week before the Summer Solstice) in the year of 1493 CR

The town of Oakhurst lies about 3 hexes (whatever the scale is) NW of the ruins of Thundertree. The area surrounding the small town of only 900 people consists of dusty plains & very little vegetation. There are some tiny trees, sapling mainly here & there but nothing noteworthy. There are a range of hills to the north. These eventually turn into mountains & the most noteworthy peak, Mt Hotenow sits in the middle of them. Also near the town is a great forest that extends to the south & the north, the mysterious Neverwinter Wood. The party, begin it's journey is the city of Neverwinter. A small parchment tacked to a bulletin board saying

"Adventures Wanted! Please inquiry at Ol Boar Inn in Oakhurst"

You have traveled the New Road to get to the small town. You are at the outskirts of the town, where the road splits into two roads, You have arrived around noon, the heat of late spring season starting to rise. The buildings are in decent shape, most noteworthy is the Mayor's building & the General Store being the best kept of the town. You recognize the Ol Boar Inn, by the large, hanging wooden sign with a stylized boar on it:

The townsfolk eye you but don't give you any troubles. You see the town consists mostly of humans, with a smattering of the other common races of the Realms. One catches your eye, a female gnome wearing a bright color robe with a pendent around her neck:

She  is at what appears to be a small temple. She sees you & offers a greeting

"Welcome to Oakhurst. May Lathander's morning light shine upon you all in the morning." 
    • By Thes Hunter
      So I for the Fall Exchange of 2015, I got @Keianna as my partner. She requested something she could use in gaming, and let me know that they were running through Wrath of the Righteous. I looked through the types of monsters and characters in the PDF I snagged (with some free money from either Reaper or Gen Con or something) and looked for something in my collection that would fit the bill.  02923: Princess of Hell was a great match for one of the NPC's, a succubus by the name of Vellexia. That as part of the module, the adventurers have to find a way to entertain, one way or another. 

In the module, she looks like this:

And here is my interpretation of her in miniature form:

More pictures below the cut (The same really, but with different exposure settings)

I hope you all enjoy her! She has a good home with Keianna.

• By bailey03
      Having finished up my historical Dragoon, I decided to switch gears work on a fantasy project.  A while back I'd agreed to help out with the Ouroborus Tales Kickstarter and provide a 'painting journal' describing how I went about painting one of the orcs from that project.  The figures arrived a few weeks ago, so I wanted to make sure that was up next on my to-paint list.  The official painting journal is only for the project backers, but I can still share work in progress and info online.  But the painting journal will have more detailed step by step photos and a more in-depth discussion (sorry, gotta save some secrets for that! =P).  Because I like to get the most out of this project, I'm also planning to enter the piece into the 'Eavier Metal painting competition over on their facebook group.

For anyone not familiar with the sculpt, here's what the orc brave looks like:

It's a nice sculpt, roughly 54mm scale (though smaller than the Black Sailors figures which look closer to 75mm).  The title makes me think native american, but there aren't any overtly native american features (features, headdress, etc).  The weapons and clothing are primitive so I'm leaning more towards the savage orcs from the warhammer fluff.

There's a lot of skin on this guy (no armor covering it up), so I wanted to do something with the green to keep it interesting.  I decided to go with a two-tone skin.  So green on the back/sides and an off white on the belly.  Helps convey a more primitive animalistic look to him.  I'm also going to work in more color variation in select spots.

Still at a very early stage.  I've base coated a lot of the piece and sketched in the shadows on the body.  My main focus has been the face, where I've done the green portions and details like the eyes, nose, and lips.  I still need to do the teeth, inside of the ears, white on the bottom of the jaw, and add some glazes.  But, this gives you an idea where it's going.  I'm taking the skin one section at a time, so after this I'll probably try to tackle that left arm and then move on to other parts of the body.  I'm enjoying the piece so far, but still have lots to do!

• Who's Online   47 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)