Darcstaar

Crypt of the Everflame Recruitment

Hi everyone.

Gonna jump right in as a first time GM for PBP.

Pathfinder Crypt of the Everflame module.

Rules:

Pathfinder Core Rulebook 6th printing or earlier with appropriate errata.

Never played this module/series.

Only items, classes, races, feats from Core Rulebook.

1st level. 20 points "point buy system."

Good or Neutral Alignments.

No "Traits"

Declare "favored class" and bonus HP or Skill

Average Starting gold for class from the table, not random.

Looking for 5 players so if one is absent, we can still press on.

Players roll their own dice and post rolls and modifiers: honor system.

I vow to post at least twice weekly ;)

Be respectful to me and other members: it may be my first time on PBP as GM, but not my first time as a GM for this game system.

Once we have a group, pm me emails so I can discreetly nudge absentees

If this sounds OK to you, post some characters.

Edited by Darcstaar
  • Like 2

If you need a player I'll play but I'll let everyone else in first.

Hello, I'm interested in joining. I've never played pbp though, may I ask what's involved or rules? Are there set times that the group is supposed to meet every week?

To be quite honest, I haven't played one yet either, although I am gearing up to join one. I did review 70+ pages of posts on Haldir's Temple of Elemental Evil thread. So I have an idea of how things work. Some groups try to arrange time to all be watching the posts at the same time to get something like a table game. That seems very difficult to accomplish, so I doubt most groups accomplish that very often. What usually seems to happen is people posting every 24 hours or so, or at least a few times per week. Since it's my first time, I am just hoping to post at least twice weekly as the GM.

If you are interested, the first thing to do is make a Pathfinder 1st level character using the guidelines set forth in the original post. Once you have it, post it to this thread. Once I have 4 or 5 members committed, I'll message the admin to start our gaming thread in "The Playing."

OK, that sounds good. Do we wait for group consensus on class makeup? I'm interested in monk, cleric, fighter or ranger/bard (in that order)

Khim Leadgrinder, Dwarven Monk.  

Youngest son of a family of ore smelters. When Khim was barely weaned he was sent to an uncles temple to help out with the daily chores. While there, he found an aptitude for the physical rigors required by the martial arts. During study Khim  had a rival student, Caith Charmseeker, that continued to best Khim at all things. Eventually, During a martial arts contest, Khim cheated to best Caith. Khim's disgrace was found out.  Khim's uncle, Dimgol Informed Khim he was to leave, and not return until, he has learned to, "Hold fire in his hands, underwater."  Khim has been travelling ever since. 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1025015

I'll jump in. Have only played a little bit of Pathfinder so I'm still pretty clumsy with the mechanics.

Ok. We have a monk so far. Craft a first level character according to the guidelines, post it here, and when we get 4-5 players we'll start. If you have any creation issues or questions you can post here or pm me, I'm happy to help.

Taeral - Half Elf Ranger

Favored Class: Ranger

Bonus: Skill

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B02yaH8ONGPAZGdjUkN4S1RNekk/view?usp=sharing

In character speak will be green.

Taeral looks more human than elven with his black hair and blue eyes. He prefers to spend his time out in the woods so he lacks a bit of social polish and tends to come off as a bit curt. He also prefers to keep his affairs to himself so he has put in a bit of practice going unnoticed. 

Could use some suggestions on my Favored enemy. Would prefer to not pick something we'll never encounter. 

My humble opinion as a player is Undead for the first favored enemy.  It looks like  you already took that and for flavor, added Knowledge Religion to "know thy enemy."

Favored Enemy: Undead will be useful at first level, and useful most other levels since there are undead that span a wide range of power/level.

In looking over the character sheet, it looks like you added both an extra skill point, and an extra hit point.  Your post says you want to use the skill point, so your total HP at first level with max (d10) and CON Bonus of +1, should be 11.

Also, as a half-elf, you need to pick your second favored class at first level.

Finally, please flesh out your gear.  Secondary weapon, pouches, rations, waterskin, etc.

OK.

2 characters down, 2-3 more to go!

Was gonna ask about buying rations etc. Guess there is a general supply list in the CHB?

Put undead in as an educated guess. Thought I had removed the extra HP. Had picked Cleric as second favored class Dunno why it went away. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joshuaslater
      So much character!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1088767957/the-fantasy-four?fbclid=IwAR09EoT-b_4GyJNx1Hu_FeFY1YJAljudb5kYmGrq4iLtUWNVYYLO9yjDxJg
    • By lexomatic
      Is there anyone who might be interested  in a PBP 4e GURPS lite (rules light, no crazy math) portal horror/ mystery modern day adventure.
      1) Gurps 4e is published by Steve Jackson Games, and the free "lite" version of the rules is available online here.
      2) This world is adapted by me from the fiction of Ian Rogers with my own additions.
      3) Character creation rules
      NO MAGIC OR SUPER POWERS or cinematic skills/abilities
      100 points available up to 50 points in disadvantages and 5 quirks as well. If your character concept is disabled, then there's leeway to go over this, but needs discussion with me first
      If you have 4e books or the character creator app, feel free to go for it. Otherwise I will post a list of templates and where they're located that I've vetted to guide you beyond the lite rules.
      A skill at 12/13 is considered professional quality. higher gets you a better ability to handle tough situations and improve chance at a critical. Really high skills might get notoriety (could be good or bad).
      Useful guidance http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?p=369148
      Also this free pdf condensing skills info should be useful

4) This is set in Toronto and Ontario Canada primarily. Your character doesn't need to be from there, you just need to have an idea of what you're doing there, and specifically to start, what you're doing in the PATH specifically (this will be how you are all introduced). After reading about the world basics, you will also need to think about any supernatural/ blacklands experience your character has had... if any, and if/how they were affected by it.
      The World Basics
      I'm hoping to be able to do a few posts a week, but because I'm new to this, and have limited availability it might be slower than I want. I'm unsure about the number of players - this could work with only a few.
      More later. Feel free to ask questions or express interest.
      If you have and use a skill that will allow you to obtain info/ achieve goal to advance plot, that will happen. I won't make people roll until something happens or things end.

This site seems to have a decent character generator. There`s step-by-step at the top of the page, and it auto-calculates. Please print to pdf or printscreen or recopy.  so I can review. If you need a template, please let me know. Please set point maximum to 100 (it defaulted to 300 for me).

Current Characters list:
      1)Magnus Albertson @Dilvish the Deliverer
      2)Sammy @Arkady
      3) Sam Travis @Corsair
      4)TBD @Chaoswolf
      5) Raoul @Colonel Kane

6) Morgan Faustus @Kangaroorex
      There will be a hard cap at 6 players. And maybe only 5 total. We're closing in on being able to start things.
    • By Rigel
      An elaborate sculpt, overflowing with detail in the Pathfinder fashion. (I swear, at least one of their artists must have a Thing for buckles and straps). Jigeke here has an excellent mask and a very long spear, a diverse collection of severed hands and paws, and a patchwork kilt of many kinds of hide. I know there's zebra and giraffe in there, and leopard as well. 

It's Robert E. Howard's birthday today, and without him we probably wouldn't have the Barbarian class as a thing (see: Conan the), or Serpent-folk as insidious infiltrators (see: Kull), or puritan monster-hunters (see: Solomon Kane) as pulp/fantasy tropes. So it seems good to commemorate him with a guy who could be a good stand-in for N'Longa, Kane's sorcerous blood-brother and recurring ally. 

• By Dan d'Lyon
      Didn't see a topic for this one, and thought there might be some interest.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rocketpiggames/tilescape-gothic-city-3d-printable-modular-buildin?ref=profile_starred

About
      Tilescape 2.0 is a modular building system which allows for the ultimate customization of terrain. With our system you will have total control over your structures. There are several unique possibilities for your floors, streets, buildings (inner and outer walls), accessories, and roofs.
      ~ Intuitive/fast building single piece tile system  
      ~ Modular vertical walls insert-able walls/posts/columns
      ~ Insert-able doors and windows 
      ~ Insert-able accessories and decorations (curtains, traps, etc)
      Gothic City is the newest completely customizable terrain project from Rocket Pig Games. We provide you with the .stl files and you bring them to life on your 3D printer. It utilizes our Tilescape 2.0 building system which features totally modular building components from the ground up! 
      ~ Universal and Versatile Set will work well with many types of gaming!
         (Call of Cthulhu, Iron Kingdoms/WarmaHordes, Malifaux, DnD, Steampunk,       Victorian/Gothic settings, etc) 
      ~ The Biggest Lovecraftian/Gothic horror monster miniatures ever made! 
      ~ The most complex roof system available anywhere!
      ~ Make unique buildings in any shape and size!
      ~ Only modular system that has authentic medieval overhanging building
         floors.
      ~ The Gothic City Streets Core set also makes an a very good Dungeon tile-set.
      ~ Gothic City supplies everything you need to create a full medieval or
         Industrial Fantasy city!
      ~ Our unique and varied wooden floor planks, whimsical stone alleys, and brick streets can be used in their traditional way or as building interior floors, pathways, or balcony flooring. 
      Gothic City Buildings & Streets Limitless options for building shapes, types, and sizes! Make amazing streets and ally-ways with unique tiles! Create villages, cities, or forest cabins with our generous selection of stone and wood walls and roads! ~ Our modular interior walls are insertable and can be arranged however you see fit and the exterior walls can soar to great heights or expand in any direction. Add dimension to your landscape by making your buildings as tall or as short as you want! 

• By dks
      I am playing in the Pathfinder "Ruins of Azlant" Adventure Path campaign.  A few of the PCs have some healing magic, but we didn't have an actual cleric until a PC recently took the Leadership feat, and an NPC cleric joined the party as his cohort.   (Click here for the Show-Off thread about the figure that I use for my character.)
      The new cohort-cleric, Father Kurvis, is middle-aged and acts like a curmudgeon but has a kind heart.  He worships Abadar, the god of cities, law, merchants, and wealth.  Abadar's colors are gold and black, and his holy symbol is a golden key.
      Our GM has an extensive collection of prepainted plastic figures (D&D and Pathfinder), and this Village Priest seemed appropriate.  It is from a 2005 D&D miniatures release.   I offered to repaint it to be specifically Kurvis.
      Two hours of slinging paint got me to "finished" ... and after I took the first set of photos, I saw how bugged and asymmetrical his eyes were, so I just spent a few more minutes touching them up.

Before and after:

Enjoy,
      Derek

• Who's Online   9 Members, 2 Anonymous, 109 Guests (See full list)