Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sabith

Looking for a "Carnivorous Plant" miniature

24 posts in this topic

...although Siri's is just too awesome for competition. On the other hand, Siri's ain't for sale, to my knowledge...

Oh i have that D&D one! 

I dunno, I guess I could try to make a second one haha

1 person likes this

Heh, when Little Shop of Horrors (the Musical, with Rick Moranis) came out there was a candy filled toy of Audrey II....

The Auld Grump

Been bugging me for a couple days.

If you need to search, it's spelled "carnivOrous."

1 person likes this

Yeah, I caught it a few days after the original post, too.  I'll edit the title of the thread (I'm pretty sure I can do that) and correct the spelling,

*edit* Done.  I left the misspelled tag in there, too, in case there are any other goofballs searching for the thread that spell the word like they say it.

Edited by Sabith
1 person likes this

*** Don't mind the Technicoloured Wolf walking through this thread***

*** Just searching for some jungle stuff for reasons :ph34r:***

There is also from Dungeoncrawler as well

dcm_kraken_botanimoth.png

163-thickbox_default.jpg

It's pretty big too, like 3 x 3 inch base. Plus overall there is allot of heft to the miniature.

3 people like this

The Bones Desert Thing would like to have you over for lunch....

91008_w_1.jpg

Just add some leaves.

The Auld Grump

1 person likes this

In the future, once Bones 3 is fully in retail, there will be a couple Reaper carnivorous plants. Not much help now, but in a year or so? Fuggedaboutit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      Forumites may remember I painted this more than a year ago.

Which I did, and then I, errr forgot to take finished pictures and post them.  Sorry.  I'm fixing that.

This is Reaper's Bones kraken, #77291, which I believe was once offered in a resin-metal combo but is now sold in the much lighter and less fragile (and less expensive) Bonesium.

When I put one together for a friend, I noted that the front end would make a pretty good carnivorous plant, especially when tucked into a lotus flower-shaped candleholder we have.  It also seemed a pretty good evocation of the Sarlacc in "The Return of the Jedi".

So when I put my own together, I left the body and the front end separate, both for ease of storage and for versatility of use.  (I never did figure out how to put the tentacles on, though.  I tried to follow the store image in both the ones I put together and they still both came out different.)

I also love this model because it comes with a wonderfully elaborate base, the prow of a wrecked ship.  We have been using that as scenery.

Some of the creature has been painted with interference paint, which is either near-transparent or luminously glowing iridescent color depending on the angle of light and viewing.  I've tried to include pictures to show the change.

First are photos with a white background, to show the model clearly (I went a little overboard with underwater effects later).  A few have Dark Sword Miniatures' mermaid warrior, DSM 1197, to show the scale of the model.  This creature is BIG.

Dark Sword Miniatures' mermaid warrior, DSM 1197, included to show the scale of the model.

Very, very old WIP thread here.
    • By catdancer

PROJECT...Fantasy vignette...titled (You Can't Get Me Gold)!

This is a small fantasy vignette (6" x 6")...scratch built for another site and is my interpretation of the given title (Giant Flora & Fungi) containing a monster plant!

Any and all comments and feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Paul (Catdancer)
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)