Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

Presenting: Kaglin Busystone!

Nah, it's just Nord Kegbreaker, by Bob Olley. A great sculpt that's going to make a nice marker at the D&D table for my Dwarven cleric and brewer, Kaglin Busystone.

Same-ol' thing for me, painting this, except I did switch palettes to one of the "egg-carton" ones, as I childishly call them. ^_^  But that did let me really water my (crappy craft) paint down more than usual. Trying to smooth out my application of the paint.

WP_20141031_003_zps7efc32bc.jpg

WP_20141031_004_zpsf48c2dd9.jpg

WP_20141031_005_zps1a5c8239.jpg

WP_20141031_006_zps459ec7ca.jpg

WP_20141031_011_zps67dedcfd.jpg

And then this picture, not-good, because I was trying to get the coloring on the cap to show in a photo which I otherwise wasn't having any luck at all doing:

WP_20141031_013_zpsf61363e7.jpg

Thanks for looking! Any comments or criticism is appreciated.

• Like 14

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Patrik Strom
      I think this is my favorite sculpt (at least top 5). I’ve had it for quite some time now but for whatever reason it never got to the front of the line. Recently I thought “what the hell” and put him into the paint queue. 
      I have been struggling for quite some time with trying OSL. Every attempt ended with me calling it quits and discarding that element from the paint scheme. This is the second one that I decided to keep (the first one is the two skulls from the bones cultist circle). I’m really happy with the overall result.

• By Auberon
      I have had some VMA Signal Red (metallic) gathering dust for quite a while, so this morning I decided to try it out.  Three hours later (including finding and shaking the paint) I have a complete test subject. I think that given the time to really work with it a person could do a decent TMM red with it.  As is, I have a tabletop ready dwarf.

• By Loim
      I started this conversion a loooong time ago for a friend who needed a dorf with an axe, and I did not at the time have a dorf with an axe. I was never quite happy with it, and the game died quickly. I forgot all about this little guy until recently, and I decided to finish him, and queue him up for the paints. I initially started with a clay weapon sculpt, but while I was fiddling with it it broke. In a fit of rage I cut a piece of aluminum stock and after a few hours of shaping we got here. I did a bit more shaping after this photo, and I plan on doing a bit of Apoxie Sculpt to blend in where the old weapon was cut away. For the surgery I used a #11 Scalpel. All the shaping was done with a #8 Double Cut Mill Bastard and diamond files. 

• By Patrik Strom
      The first painted mini of the year! I really love this sculpt. My favorite part by far is the comb over :D I did a poor job of cleaning the miniature before priming and starting to paint it (like always), so there's a bit of grain on the axe and other irregularities. But nothing to harmful.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting a Dwarf Engineer from Stonehaven, having recently backed their second Dwarf kickstarter, I thought I'd better finish what I got from their first many moons ago.

This one is a bit rough around the edges, I didn't put much effort into prepping my minis in ye olden days, plus he's been partially painted and stripped at least a couple of times by this point, but I think he turned out okay.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)