Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

03381: Satheras, Elf Warlock

Finished up the month with Bobby Jackson's Satheras, Elf Warlock. This is the metal version. I'll be using him as an NPC in the Pathfinder Game I'm running--Gerinnes Lefelen, an elven wizard who's the de facto ruler of a town and the PC's benefactor . . . for now. Mwah ha ha.

I'd had this mini on my to-get list for quite some time, having wanted to paint it since the moment I saw it, but I must confess that once I started getting into it I found the robes a little silly, regarding what's part of what and what's not. I just kind of winged it, in the end, hehe, without being altogether sure how it should go. But it was still pretty fun.

WP_20141031_007_zpsd1202024.jpg

WP_20141031_008_zps0edae20f.jpg

WP_20141031_009_zps511f098d.jpg

WP_20141031_010_zpsff90e44c.jpg

Thanks for looking! Comments and criticism are always appreciated.

• Like 21

Do you mean if you tried to map out the shape of his garments, it would be difficult to determine how they work?

Anyhow, he looks nice and slightly sinister.

• Like 1

I see you went with gray, too.

Ahhaha, was yours gray? I thought he looked darker.

Confession: I wasn't sure what color I was going to use for the robe, but then I had a ton of that light gray (some lightened Payne's grey) left from something I was doing on the mini prior (Nord) and decided, hey! I kinda like that!

Do you mean if you tried to map out the shape of his garments, it would be difficult to determine how they work?

Yeah, pretty much. Like I decided to do the hood bit and the rob down his legs as a set, but then I did the vest and sleeve-armor and what I suppose is a cape as a piece, though I feel like they're probably three different things. The outfit just struck me as a little silly, once I got rolling with it.

Also, the leg and the foot had no clear cut; I still haven't decided if it's a thigh-high boot or not, lol. Didn't seem right, so I just made an artificial cutoff for it. It kind of looks like he's wearing a slipper, though. :unsure: