Jump to content
Darcstaar

Crypt of the Everflame

Recommended Posts

With the announcement of the ceremony & such, Quigley goes into a quiet mode, he is more into observing then speaking. He eyeballs the crowd, looking for someone, something.

 

With the party on the move he gathers his things up & says, "Yup I'm good to go, I've got all I need."

 

Rolls of 12 & 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Khim will gather the rations, rope and grapple. Then start heading in the direction the map states.

 

I rolled a 6 and a 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taeral picks up the tender box, twigs and brandy. Satisfied with his choice, he straps them to his backpack, along with the other bits of gear he had thrown together in his hurry. He struggles to shoulder the pack and almost topples over before the tent breaks free and falls to the ground. He quickly re-straps things and re-shoulder the pack, slightly more steady this time. 

 

2d20 16 10

 

Edit: Argh should have checked for updates..

Edited by Ludo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morgrym ambles over to Quigley, hands him the clw potion. "Here my friend, you of all of us are liable to get into a tight situation where I can't get to you. Carry this for that next little adventure... and try to remember Serenrae when you find the next little goodie bag" he says with a huge grin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your party makes one last pit stop before exiting the village... apple pie is on the menu!

 

You then set out, following the map.  You start at 1pm.

Taeral is foraging for nuts, berries, and small game, so things go a little slowly.

Based on the map, you assume it will take 4 days to get to the Crypt, if you forage the whole way.

 

At 5pm..

The narrow path winds through the raking claws of the trees, now bereft of their leaves, which crunch loudly underfoot.  Up ahead, a fallen tree trunk blocks the path.  Suddenly, a trio of snarling humanoids leaps up from behind the log, all greenish skin and fearsome tusks, bellowing vulgar challenges!

 

First D20's were perception checks:
Taeral 16 + 7 = 23: Success

Quigley 12 + 6 = 18: Success

Khim 6 + 6 = 12: Failure

Morgrym 9 + 3 = 12 Failure

 

In the surprise round, Taeral and Quigley may act.

Initiative: Taeral's second roll was 10 + 4 = 14

Greenskins 6 + 0 = 6

 

Taeral then Quigley then Greenskins for Round S.

Move or Standard action.

Enemies are 30 feet away, standing up behind a small felled tree which can be stepped over and provides no cover.

10 feet separate each enemy from each other.  They wear studded leather, brace their greataxes in one hand and have javelins in their other hands.

Left

Center

Right

 

OOC This combat probably doesn't need mapping.

For the dungeoneering, I'll draw stuff out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC forgot to mention that for traveling purposes I will be using my boar spear as a walking stick and have my other equipment stowed.

 

Taeral suddenly drops his backpack, narrowly missing Morgrym's head. He snatches up his bow from his shoulder, nocking an arrow and pointing it at the three figures on the road. 

 

OOC to save time and post, going to go ahead and list my first standard action as well.

 

IF the geenskins take hostile actions on their turn:

Shoot the nearest one and move to take cover behind a tree, taking my spear with me. Prefer to take a flanking angle. 

 

If the greenskins just like to shout insults at armed strangers:

Try to identify what they are and what I know about them. 

 

Rolled a 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taeral, You are pretty sure they are Orcs, but you don't have knowledge Local, so you don't know any details about orcs.

 

OOC:

Ok, just to clarify: Taeral wants to travel with his spear equipped rather than his bow.

In this surprise round situation, that translates to:

   Drop Pack: Free Action

   Drop Spear: Free Action

   Equip Bow: Move Action.

   Done.

 

Next round, to move to a tree for some cover(move action) and fire your bow(standard action, with loading arrow as a free action during that standard action), you would have to leave your spear where you dropped it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not liking the snarling nature of these 3 I'm gonna equip my short bow & knock a arrow & let it fly @ orc #1

 

13 + 3 (sheet says +4, not sure where the extra 1 is coming from) so total of 16 to hit.

 

Potential damage: 2 pts (1d4)

 

 

Besides they are ugly.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quigley fires off a quick shot and hits the left orc for a minor wound!

 

The Orcs retaliate:

Left Orc is howling mad at Quigley: Throws his javelin: 16 +1 (dex) -1 (dazzled in bright light) = 16.  A hit! D6+3 = 8.  Ouch!  Staggered in one shot.

Middle Orc throws his javelin at Morgrym with the fury of dwarf-hatred: D20 = 1.  An Automatic miss, he's seeing too much red!

Right Orc throws his javelin at Taeral: D20 = 2.  A miss.

 

The three orcs put their free hand on their greataxes, almost in unison (Free action, now threatening with those weapons).

That is the end of the Surprise Round.

Round 1 Starts with Taeral.

He moves over to a tree for partial cover, and fires at an Left Orc which Quigley hit, to try to finish him off, rolling a 14.

A Hit!  Now we just need a damage roll.

 

Next is Quigley.

0 HP.  Staggered.  Move action safe, or Standard Action and lose 1 HP, dropping you to -1 and unconscious/bleeding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. So I called this as 30 feet, and said no mapping, so that assumes Quigley was at 30 feet too. He acted before the orcs, and within 30 feet he gets sneak attack damage, add a d6 for me!

 

And Quigley goes to hide behind the cleric gasping "help me, please!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As he is leaving he notices a faint shimmer to one of the "orcs"

 

"Wha the.....??"

 

"DISBELIEVE!! THEY AREN'T REAL!!"

 

He shouts at the party!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, khim will advance to one of the the orcs and attack. Since flurry of blows is a full attack, I believe, I only get 1 attack.

 

D20+4 =19+4=23

DMG D6+3 =5+3=8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Maglok
      A friend of mine asked me to paint his Karzoug for:
       


       
      So I have been going at it. While I have already done quite a bit, I still figured lets make it a WIP.
       
      Session 1
         
       
      Session 2
         
       
      Session 3
         
       
      I am not quite happy with a lot of details yet, but he is starting to smell like 'high level wizard'. :)
    • By Citrine
      Balazar, the gnome summoner (Reaper 89023) was fun to paint.  That mould line running down the side of his hat thing was not that visible when I painted him.  Oh well, another one done, yay!
       


    • By dks
      I've been on a painting tear since ReaperCon.  Here's one from last week. 
      Pathfinder's "Iron Gods" Adventure Path crosses over into science fiction, including robots and androids, such as the android priestess Meyanda.
      Wayne Reynolds painted the cover of the Adventure Path where Meyanda appears: click for link.
      Bobby Jackson sculpted the character.  I like what he did with this delicate sculpt.
       

       
      I decided to give her a sci-fi-styled base, not my usual rock/grass/leaf palette. 
      I started with a piece of plasticard shaped like square floor-tiles, gouged out some scratches, and added some debris (a robotic "piston" of two brass rods, a "cable" of brass wire, and a few chunks of rubble that I carved from the plasticard).
       

       
      Enjoy,
      Derek
       
       
    • By dks
      I've been on a painting tear since ReaperCon.  Here's another, from last week. 
      Pathfinder's "Wrath of the Righteous" Adventure Path features some especially nasty villains, including Xanthir Vang, a wizard who used to be human but is now a colony of worms with a hive-mind (a "worm-that-walks"). 
      Wayne Reynolds painted the cover of the Adventure Path where Xanthir Vang appears: click for link.
      I sculpted the figure last year. This more active pose shows off his magical ability as a "blackfire adept".  Among my favorite parts of the figure are his wriggling worm fingers.
      The fire effect has a few rough-draft layers under this one -- darker, drabber, more purple, stronger green, etc.   Truly black/gray fire just wasn't interesting on the miniature.
       

       
      I sculpted a few worms on the stock figure, crawling out of the sleeves and through holes in the back, and I sculpted a few more on the base for this version. 
      Here's a close-up of the extra worms on the front.
       

       
      Enjoy,
      Derek
    • By Citrine
      I speed painted Aglanda while helping my son's girlfriend paint her first mini.
       


       
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

×