haldir

Pathfinder pbp: Iron Gods?

Iron Gods Adventure Path

Any interest?

Sci-fi mixed with traditional Pathfinder fantasy

Looking for 4-5 players (4 to start & possible 5th later)

Wanting to keep my Pathfinder GM skills up for ReaperCon, as I have no local group here.

Full usage of Paizo materials. (with the following exceptions)

Standard Core races, + android, aasimar, tiefling & tengu only

No evil alignments.

Average starting gold for class

20 pt Ability score buy.

Also please download this pdf for the game.

Paizo Iron Gods Player Guide

Current Players:

ShadowRaven: Abrien Variel Male elf rogue

Cranky Dog: Ralif Ulik Male dwarf inquisitor of Brigh

Davor ?

Vil-hatarn: Anton (EnT1) Male Android occultist

Marvin ? Barbarian?

Qwiksiver ? Bard archaeologist

* red text: Updated

Any questions feel free to post or PM me!!

thanks

RM

• Like 2

Yup latest Adventure Path. Figure it would be neat adventure to lead up to ReaperCon next year (at least I'd hope it'd go that far, ha ha)

RM

• Like 1

I do actually. It's not up to date (ie doesn't have many purchases to it) thou.

I am interested! My new job takes me in a remote location and limits my F2F games, so a PbP is perfect for me. Especially since Reaper's forum isn't blocked at work (knock on wood).

I also have Hero Labs and it's pretty complete (I GMed Jade Regent with it) with most of the major core books save the last Advanced Class book.

My major question are:

- How is combat handled?

- How are XPs handled? Calculated all the time or "when the book says the PCs should be this level, then we're that level."

- How is PC death handled?

- How is item creation handled?

- Any specific rules change or restrictions? Like no Leadership feat, no synthesist summoner, no Explosive Runes stacking WMD?

- Is anything in the PRD legal?

I may sound picky, but most of these questions are inspired by Paizo's boards where a lot of strange tales of fun and abuse get recounted.

Edit: Quick link to my latest character stats.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1

explosive runes stacking? Do go on.... :devil:

It's an old munchkin favorite.

Explosive Runes blows up when you read it, that's expected. If you manage to spot it before it blows up, you can dispel it. On a failed dispel, it blows up.

Now... get a high level magician to write pages upon pages of runes and fill a briefcase of them. Then get some low level schmuck to cast and fail his dispel magic (because he can't beat the high level caster's DC) and they all blow up in a 20ft wide supernova with enough energy to punch a hole through reality. And since it's a Force effect, there are practically no monsters who are resistant to it. Even with spell resistance, there are enough runes to wear any target down.

Not to long ago there was a ridiculous debate where a poster claimed that he could insta-kill Cthulhu (CR 30) with this technique. A lazy GM also helps.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2

Yah I'd have to say no on that one. I'm more for the fun of the game then to try & pry every secret & advantage I could out of it.

For the most part I allow everything in the game that can be allowed. I know the summoner is a screwed up class (never have played one & probably never will, no interest.)

As for your questions I'll post later when I've had a couple hours of sleep me (work graveyard & I'm now starting to get tired.

I would stick with 

You can use dispel magic to end one ongoing spell that has been cast on a creature or object,

emphesis mine

Meaning you can only dispell one explosive rune, and if it fails, boom, blows up, and destroys itself and the rest of them go up in smoke

I would stick with 

You can use dispel magic to end one ongoing spell that has been cast on a creature or object,

emphesis mine

Meaning you can only dispell one explosive rune, and if it fails, boom, blows up, and destroys itself and the rest of them go up in smoke

Sorry, I meant Greater Dispel Magic that's used, the one that can target a whole area.

Been a while since I allowed myself to think abusively.

Edited by Cranky Dog

Ah, that one...yeah, I see how it could work, maybe, but you have to be high enough level to cast it, and Explosive Runes is not a high enough level spell to expect 100% success/failure rate...I can see it being doable, but not in the course of a general game. Sure, I could see a GM setting something like that up for a group of high powered spellcasters working together to stop some sort of powerful foe, and using the PC's to set it off, but I can see no way that the PC's in any game I ran would ever be able to get away with it.

I am curious about this ap, wouldn't run it, I actually stopped the ap subscription because "you got robots in my fantasy" but I'll take a spot if you need a fourth.

I am curious about this ap, wouldn't run it, I actually stopped the ap subscription because "you got robots in my fantasy" but I'll take a spot if you need a fourth.

Yeah, I am a big fan of the Pathfinder ruleset, not so much of the official world

Yeah, I am a big fan of the Pathfinder ruleset, not so much of the official world

I'm kind of the opposite. I've come to really appreciate the Golarion setting. The writers and editors did a good job of giving variety to the setting and while keeping enough real world analogies to keep everything familiar, and at the same time keeping it consistent enough that the events in one country can be felt across the world.

As for the rules, we have so much choice that it always feel like we're a kid in a huge candy store, but with only a dollar to spend. We want everything, but we'll only have a dollar to spend and are never sure if we got the right thing.