haldir

Pathfinder pbp: Iron Gods?

My biggest beef with Golarian is that they have tried to crowd all the rules and such into one world, to the point where it feels like too much. The Pathfinder rules can cover it all, but the world not so much. Like the introduction of steampunk, or now a distinct sci-fi element, each concept to me deserves more seperation, more distinction for it's own. If they did a Golarian steampunk setting, where you have the whole world advance ages, much the way Earth has in it's history or other similar it would be different, but having things like that more isolated to certain regions just doesn't really appeal to me.

So anyway, has anyone put much thought towards what classes and such they wish to play?

For the sci-fi in Golarion, or in fantasy settings as a whole (it's uncommon, but not a new concept either), it's a point where a lot of people agree to disagree on. I haven't read the full extent of it in Golarion, but it doesn't seem overwhelming.

As for my choice of class, I haven't decided yet.

I'll read the path player guide and find something that feels thematically appropriate.

What I like about Golarion is that you don't HAVE to include the guns or robots, but they are available if you want.  There is a horror setting, a viking setting, a jungle setting, and none of them have to interact.  This does take a DM who's willing to set some hard rules and stick to them.  

As for Iron Gods, I wish I could join but our DM may be picking this up as our next module so I don't want to spoil too much of it for me.  

There is a lot about Golarian I like, some of it I don't. That you can keep certain aspects from blending by, well, esentially ignoring certain sections makes it work well enough. Still, the parts that my group ignores still kinda bug me when they come up in some of the published works

I like golarion, I haven't really played yet. First time will be a pbp game here..  I've been having problems finding a game group locally. 

If I can play, maybe summoner, magus, fighter, always open to cleric. (Maybe gunslinger if there isn't one, but that maybe metagamie)

I've heard that summoner is broken, but I haven't heard quite why. Is it certain archetypes or all summoners or the eidolon that is broken? (Asking so I can avoid the brokenness)

I've got a couple possible options rogue, ranger, wizard, or arcanist all appeal to me, and I have a couple character ideas for all of them

I like golarion, I haven't really played yet. First time will be a pbp game here..  I've been having problems finding a game group locally. 

If I can play, maybe summoner, magus, fighter, always open to cleric. (Maybe gunslinger if there isn't one, but that maybe metagamie)

I've heard that summoner is broken, but I haven't heard quite why. Is it certain archetypes or all summoners or the eidolon that is broken? (Asking so I can avoid the brokenness)

From what I've gathered, the base class isn't terribly unbalanced (though its complexity means people often make mistakes resulting in broken eidolons). The Synthesist archetype is the worst culprit, if I remember right, followed by certain min-maxed eidolon builds.

Also, I might be interested in playing. One of the other play-by-posts I was in died recently so I could use another game...

I like golarion, I haven't really played yet. First time will be a pbp game here.. I've been having problems finding a game group locally.

Not sure what your location is, but pretty.much every.state in the US has a PFS forum/board that you can go sign up for games and AP's. It'd be hard pressed not to find at least one game a month near you.

I like golarion, I haven't really played yet. First time will be a pbp game here.. I've been having problems finding a game group locally.

Not sure what your location is, but pretty.much every.state in the US has a PFS forum/board that you can go sign up for games and AP's. It'd be hard pressed not to find at least one game a month near you.

My problem is schedule, I've got 2 young ones and my wife works shift work. I'll do a search for that board you were talking about.

Are the PFS games usually Wednesday like d&d organised play?

My problem is schedule, I've got 2 young ones and my wife works shift work. I'll do a search for that board you were talking about.

Are the PFS games usually Wednesday like d&d organised play?

I don't know what state/city you are in. They aren't a specific day. It's just scheduled.

Be there still an opening? I'd like to give PBP a try (still), and I'm oddly intrigued by the AP.

I think there is only two and a half of us signed up thus far. Me for sure, and Cranky Dog. Davor and Vil-Hatarn not sure on?

Edited by ShadowRaven

For the theme of the AP, here's what I'm looking at:

- Alchemist (strange exotic materials everywhere to experiment on);

- Blight druid (homeland contaminated by strange exotic materials, gotta fix it);

- Inquisitor of Brigh (protect the followers/ideology of Brigh from them Technic Leaguers).

• Like 1

As of right now, anyone can sign up. Spots are open to whoever wants em right now.

Ok no I haven't been asleep the last couple days (well maybe yesterday........) just been away from the computer, Reaper site for the most part.

As far as question Cranky Dog asked

Combat: For the most part I try to simulate what we'd get at a table. I've tried old D&D & I've tried with a battle map. I like the bmap method for Pathfinder so I'll continue to use that thou I may go with the roll 2 rolls (attack, damage) just to speed things up. Combat in pbp can bog down weigh things down waiting for everyone to post then my post, then again the party, etc etc.

Feats: While I've never had anyone take the Leadership feat (personally never have taken it on any character I've ever made in 3. to Pf I've read where it can be abused. I guess we can go over things if the game gets that high.

PC Death: Only time I've ever had a PC death is when someone drops out. I'm not a killer GM, I favor story over TPK, PKs, etc etc but if it happens, it happens. I'll ask if the player wants to make a new character or drop at the time.

XP: Generally I just figure at certain points when the party gets xp/ or levels up, Unless you guys wanna do the XP thing. I'll leave that one up to you.

As for the PRD, I know there things that can be abused but if Paizo uses all of it for their adventures, why not the players, so everything is a go. One exception, if I don't access to something, I'm not gonna allow it. Granted I probably have 90% of what Paizo makes for Pathfinder, soooo I don't think that should be a big problem.

Only thing I ask is Paizo only products.

I miss anything?

If anything, we can always go PFS for this one? It'll take forever to level up the characters for PFS use but everyone will be on equal terms & such.

LMK.

Also CD, I read your last idea as Bring to the Techies!!!  ^_^ Reminds me of a Star Wars rpg game where one PC was a wookie bounty hunter & when the party got so high in rep & $$$ he was gonna turn us into Empire.......uhhhhhh  :rock: