CAVBOSS

CAV: SO Friday Feature [11/7/2014]

Games so far have not shown there to be a problem with multi-gun platforms. As with any game with multi-rolls you certainly have the option to roll multiple sets of dice at once to speed things up. With increased chances for doing 2 or 3 points of damage with a single weapon roll the extra damage tracks have not factored into making a game any longer than in CAV2 in my experience. Everyone plays different and will have varying results.

• Like 1

While I don't know enough about the new stats to say one way or the other I love the look of the new cards. As a btech player I can attest that the 'crap designs' can often time be more fun to play because you have to think beyond 'move into optimal range and keep firing until one of us is dead' type strategy. CAVBOSS; e-mail incoming! And where are my EB sets man, c'mon! ;)

-Gunz

Edited by Mastergunz
  • Like 1

I showed these cards to my wife who is also interested in playing (though she is a 'new' gamer) and asked what she thought of them. The consesus we both came too is the layout is good. All the info is easy to recognize and follow and the included pic is an excellent choice. One of her main issues with battletech is many of the sheets don't have a picture of the mech on them which leads to a lot of 'wait, which one do I need to be marking'. Considering many of the people playing this game are going to be new too it (hopefully) the reference picture is, IMHO, the most important part. Well done!

-Gunz

• Like 3

I have two items I would like to inquire about:

1.) the link in the pdf for markers doesn't work

2.) I live in Tallahassee, FL and would like to join the COG group since I am the only one in the area that has hosted CAV games that I know. We have been playing CAV 2 rules and since now that I have d/l SO rules we will be switch to that.

I mostly have an Adon fighting force with a smattering of other affiliation units.

I can be reached at the following email address:

tarman70 at gmail dot com

Thanks

The pdfs have not been uploaded yet and wont until the actual book is released. I have added you to the CAVSO list and we will be sending out updated info after the first of the year.

• Like 2

Just wanted to say thanks for the fonts. I've been working on a custom nose art decal for an Assassin: Li'l Orphan Luga.

nJcNdfa.png

Hey, some things transcend cultural barriers.