CAVBOSS

CAV: SO Friday Feature [11/7/2014]

Welcome to this week’s Friday Feature! Lots of stuff to show and talk about today, so let’s get started…

It's November!

ACE Shipping

We're gearing up to send out ACE level packages, right now the only hold-up is the plastic bases. The mold is in customs at the moment (and has been for a little while). We expect it to be released in a few days. Once we have that mold, it will take about 3 days to make all the bases we need and then we can begin shipping the ACE levels!

Please remember to update your address in the Pledge Manager if you are one of our ACE backers to lock in your pledge so we can ship out your reward. Once shipped, we will send out another UPDATE with instructions for how ACE backers can unlock their pledges to add more rewards.

Thanks for your support!

Rulebook Update

With the new layout we needed several more art pieces to go with the new look. Our artists have been grinding away and I’m hopeful we will have the rest of the pieces by the middle of this month, other than that the book is ready to go. We are still on track for a release before the end of the year for the printed book. Once we release the final to the printer, we will have a preview available for people to look at.

Update on our construction program.

A new version is available that works with WINE that should help Linux and Mac users. Everything works the same other than going straight to print. You can save as a pdf though and print it that way. We do plan on doing a version that works online, but right now we are focusing on the book.

For more info on WINE, see www.winehq.org

See the 10/31/14 Friday Feature for the link.

NEW DATA CARDS

We have added the Despot and the Starhawk VI to the list of available models. Here is a look at their Data Cards as well as a link to a PDF version. They have also been added to the construction program.

DESPOT.jpg

Despot PDF

STARHAWKVI.jpg

Starhawk VI PDF

STARHAWKV.jpg

Starhawk V PDF

COG.jpg

COG

n.

1. One of a series of teeth, as on the rim of a gear, whose engagement transmits successive motive force to a corresponding gear.

2. A person playing a part in an organization.

3. A member of an organization who performs necessary functions.

The CAV Operations Group “COG†is a volunteer organization of elite individuals with a desire to show others the fun and excitement that can be found in playing a game of CAV: Strike Operations. From game demonstrations to organizing a special event in their area, or just helping out with an official C: SO convention appearance, a CAV: SO player will know to expect a professionally run game by a game master that fully understands the rules being used, with painted figures and three dimensional terrain.

Members of COG are held to very high standards as they are an official representative of Talon Games, but with membership comes privileges:

Free entry to game conventions that Talon Games is supporting/attending.

Discounts on CAV: Strike Operations merchandise through “credits†earned by running events and demos.

Participate in play-tests and other “behind the scenes†game developments.

Advance access to models before they hit the street.

And numerous other bonuses and benefits as they become available throughout the year!

PLEASE NOTE: We can only support a few volunteers in any one area. If there are already enough volunteers in an area we will not add more until an opening becomes available. COG volunteers are expected to run/host at least one demo or event in their area per month.

In order to be a volunteer of the COG program you must be at least 18 years old at the time of your application submission.

If interested in receiving an application, please email me at cavboss@reapermini.com and I will send you a link when it is available for sign up.

New Art!

Here is another preview of some of the art that will be in the new rulebook. Enjoy!

ART11714.jpg

FONTS, FONTS, FONTS

How can you support your faction if you can’t type in their language? Well now you can with a TTF for each of the CAV: SO alien races.

FONTSAMPLE.jpg

ADON

MALVERNIS

RACH

RITTER

Edited by CAVBOSS
  • Like 7

Another great update!  I hope the mold gets to you in a hurry!  I have empty shelf space that needs to be filled with CAV's!  

I like the new art preview and the Data Cards are looking sharp! Apparently I end all sentences in an exclamation point!

If anyone uses Wine, Id be interested to hear your experience with this program.

Note, for the Rach language, they write in columns, so the text gets rotated 90 degrees clockwise.  (note writings on the Despot on the Data Card)

Chris

• Like 1

If anyone uses Wine, Id be interested to hear your experience with this program.

Note, for the Rach language, they write in columns, so the text gets rotated 90 degrees clockwise.  (note writings on the Despot on the Data Card)

Chris

It works flawlessly for me (except for printing), I just unzip the download and right click "Run with Wine".  I'm using Fedora 17 ... er, I should probably get around to upgrading).  I haven't tried to do much with it other than load files, export pdf, and click around a bit.  The only glitch I've seen so far is that long weapon names can get cut off on the left.

GAH! Cavboss... you're killin me given my beloved Starhawk VI such weenie stats. Ah well, such is life. Maybe I'll have to construct the StarHawk VII. :devil: Kudos on the art. That is pretty tight.

Edited by papabees
  • Like 1

I thought it turned out pretty good. Better than average weapons and armor with great speed and secondary SAs that will help limit damage and improve repair on the fly.

Whether the stats are "good" or not, it's certainly quite different than its previous incarnations. This version looks to me like a medium-weight suppression design, where older versions were heavy superiority CAVs.

The last version card I have shows the model to have x2 Gatling Gauss Cannons and x2 direct fired missiles with SAs of Assault, Rugged, Shielding 3. MOV 11 and DV of 13 with 6 Dmg. Is there another version floating around somewhere?

That's right. However, the Gatling Gauss Cannons are a large-caliber design specialized vs. hard targets, not aircraft/infantry. As far as armor, the 2.2 version's 13 is well above average, while based on comparison to the other published CAV:SO cards, armor 6 and a quick degradation puts it distinctly on the low side of average, barely better than the Specter or Cougar and inferior to every other revealed Attack model.