That is a LOVELY creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. That such a WONDERFUL piece is also a testament to your Faith is a moving experience that I had not previously encountered in the realm of miniatures. You have made a joyful sound unto the Lord. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 3

I have not words to describe how much I love this image, and how much joy I have had in watching this come together. You are truly blessed with talent, and this piece would be a delight to have and should be displayed prominently. Especially at this season that is upon us.

• Like 3

Nicely done ma'am

Edited by Limey72
  • Like 1

Oh wow, what a joy to see this finished! This is a truly beautiful piece, you've done great work on it MamaGeek! Thank you for sharing it with us ^_^

• Like 1

Way awesome!  St. Mary has a bit of a Maria von Trapp sort of twirl to her pose, which I think is actually very effective for the subject matter.  Well done to both you and Andy!!

• Like 4

Wow Joy!  I'm speechless.  The tone and mood you set with the lighting is fabulous.  I just don't know what to say.  It is beautiful! What a wonderful gift to find this at the opening of my Advent preparations. :)

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      As I posted the other day, I have been inspired to put in some work on my 40mm Renaissance project, for the first time in six years or so.

After doing the visual inventory, I concluded that what I most immediately needed was more pikemen.  So, digging through my bags of raw castings, I pulled out a dozen pikemen base figures and a few other near term wishes.  

I haven't done the metal work on these figures in a while, so I warmed up with a second need, putting together three figures to form a command stand for lighter infantry, and then went on to do four of the easier pike conversions.  The basic body is a halberdier, but it's very difficult to get the halter to cast properly, and, since I don't need it anyway, I realized a few years ago that I could insert a heavy wire into the mold in the hollow intended to become the halberd shaft, and pull it out (usually ) once the casting was cool.  

That basically gives you two ring hands into which to insert a brass wire pike.  I have a small stash of 1/16" brass "curling wire" in 12" lengths, so it made sense to use 4" pikes and get three from a wire.

I had a brief opportunity to work on two of the pikemen at lunch one day this week, and more or less finished one:

I used a deliberately toy-like style when I painted the bulk of the figures twenty years ago, and I am not sure that I can match it.  Nevertheless, I am going with a similar look this time, with some deliberately heavy black-lining.  As one can see from the inventory picture, in actual play the figures end up giving an impressionistic effect, so there's not a lot of point in worrying too much about any single figure.  

• By Glitterwolf
      For my Lost World Project I needed some Meso American Warriors.
      Here is one from Mirlinton.

Aztec Jaguar Warrior.
      A few pics against my Jungle Photo Backdrop Board too.

WIP here for those interested:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=105

Here he is.

• By bailey03
      I realized I had yet to post any pictures of my latest project here.  A few months ago I started working on this 54mm scale knight from Romeo Models.  The figure is from the era of the 3rd Crusade, but I decided to paint him up as a generic knight rather than one of the crusading orders (like the Templars).  This gave me a lot more freedom in color choice and for the design work on his clothing/shield.  In my mind, he's an English knight traveling with Richard the Lionheart on crusade.  That steered my color choice a bit, as red and yellow were colors used by the English king.  But I opted to replace the lion with a griffin on this piece (just to do something a little different).

He's come a pretty long way.  I wanted to push for a higher contrast on this piece.  It's similar to how I've done fantasy figures, but I wanted to see how I could make it look on a historical figure (since we naturally expect to see a more realistic overall look).  I made a few very minor changes to the figure.  I shaved down the noseguard a bit so it hid less of his face.  And I inserted two arrow shafts into his shield.  Painting has all be done with acrylics, primarily Reaper though I did use Scale75 for the metallics.  I have a couple small details to do on the knight, along with the chainmail on his legs.  Then all that's left are the base and weathering the figure.  I don't expect a ton of time to paint over the holidays, so hopefully I can finish him up in January.

And here's a look at the base (keeping it pretty simple just to focus on the figure) and a sense of scale for the piece.

• By JGroeling
      Sometimes inspiration strikes and you start fiddling around with an idea without really planning it. This is my second ever piece of terrain, and first one in about 20 years (did a paper towel tube bunker in my teens).

Started off with some packaging material, and decided I would make a garage. That then turned into a workshop, and then kept growing. Somewhere I decided that this would be the cyberpunk equivalent to a wizard's tower, by being the home of some sort of technomagus. Also when I paint it, will make more sense with the wizard reference (hint: yellow bricks at the garage entrance and an Oz themed mural on garage door.)

Early WIP pics in second comment. 

First two pics are from when I first started amd it was still going to be just a garage. 

Third through fifth images are when I started getting the wizard tower idea wth it. 

• By Glitterwolf
      As some of you know I went to France to participate in the Nato Tiger Meet 2017.
      I can't post all of course, but here is an impression of some airplanes , some badges, and some of the sight seeing.

Badges I acquired, including one from last year I missed then.

Jets and stuff that was safe to take pics off.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 109 Guests (See full list)