haldir

Pathfinder Adventure Path: Iron Gods Part 1 Fires of Creation

457 posts in this topic

EnT1 appears to grow increasingly uncomfortable with the amount of attention he's receiving. Through Ralif's speech, his face begins to blow brighter and brighter blue, casting a cool light on the others in the room. He takes in Ralif's words to him with wide eyes; while he is definitely listening, he is also clearly very tense. Suddenly, he bursts into motion, blurting out "I'vegottogodosomething" before rushing out the door.

1 person likes this

"well that answers my questioning about a soul. You've managed to embarrass him. I suppose that means it will be up to me to explain to him what we learn here" He said his voice neutral, and only a single cocked eyebrow showing upon his face by way of expression. "Now about this place we are to go"

"Even if he was a 'kill all humans' type, you would be safe" he said to the gnome before muttering under is breath, in elven "even if he was a kill all sentients, I imagine you would be safe" 

Darvil grins at Abriel and whispers in Elven.

"Ohhhh hey, I see what you did..."

Hey! What the? Where's Anton running...Oh blast!

Edited by Qwyksilver
Now with color!

"Was that me? I'm sorry, I didn't mean... Should I go and... Ummm..." Looks to Ralif...

Ralif sighs and softens his stance a bit and looks at the group and Dolga.

"I'm sorry for the outburst, but I'm somewhat 'touchy' about how people treat each other and their tools."

He gives a heavy pat on Sartus's shoulders. "Stay lad. Like I said, smiths of Torag are good people, a bit narrow minded on all the possibilities of the 'Craft', but good honest people."

Dolga is about to say something then the appearance of Sartus & then the conversations started & then the sudden departure of EnT1 cause her to say

"Well I hope he returns, we can use all the help we can get here."

"Yes, that is true, We can use as much help as possible. In the meantime. I would like to know as much as possible about where we are to go. Have there been past explorations, and if so, do we have an information from them?"

Dolga continues after the excitement has died down a bit

"Well there have been 4 teams, but there have been 5 expedition into the caves since the flame went out. That was 8 days ago. It has actually been 7 since the first team went in. The flame has gone out before but never for more then a hour at the most. It was a symbol for the town. The 4 teams were a  group halfling adventurers like yourselves, wanting to prove their worth to the town. The 2nd team was group of local thugs who traded some forgiving of misdeeds for their cooperation. The 4th team was group devoted to Brigh. They were from out of town. No one knew any of them. The 3rd team & the last team were Khonnir's. Khonnir first team was the only team to come back & report what they found.  He spoke with the council at length before deciding to go back in."

"What they found according to Khonnir & confirmed by his group in separate interviews were the caves had rather large vermin & humanoids that could blend into the shadows, making it difficult to fight them. Also a rather foul nest of gremlins. Khonnir pointed out this may indicate the caves may be linked to the Darklands. The vast underground caverns deep within the world itself. He did have concern about this connection, what concerned him the most was the discovery of a wall of solid metal. It was found further into the cave & made out of glaucite. Glaucite is a skymetal alloy that is mined in the surrounding hills & plains but never in such vast quantities. It had a door, but was it was sealed shut. This is where he found the broken automaton. It is located at his shop now

She pauses a bit to take a drink then continues.

"If you are serious about heading into the caves, Val Baine, Khonnir's young daughter will provide free room & board to any group that is going into the caves. You should see her before you begin. The foundry has great food & comfortable commendations. Also as a incentive for helping the town, the council will also grant the party a 20% discount to whatever gear you need to purchase for the expedition, along with the reward we have promised."

"If you can also re-ignite the flame, the council will reward an additional 4,000 gp. So the final reward could be 8,000 gp. Right now thou, we'd rather have our friend back alive."

"So are you up for this?" 

"...up for this?"

"Yup!" With a snap, Darvil closes his sketch book, somehow appearing to be completely oblivious and yet utterly attentive simultaneously.  

Darvil hops up from his seat.  "Dolga, I can show them to Khonnir's place.  I'd offer to share my room, but it's really small, and no offense, most of you guys are too big.  But I'm sure Val can find you all something more accommodating."

Darvil crosses the room to the door and opens it, preparing to head out before pausing.  "So, when do we leave for the caves? What do you think we will we need?  Are you guys coming or what?"

"I would be lying if I said I was eager to go into these caves, dangerous as they appear to be, but yes. I shall go."  He didn't quite smile at the gnome's eagerness. It didn't really come as any shock. He only hoped that Darvil would put excitement to the side in favor of discretion and not get them killed. "I have torches, and some rope amongst my possessions, but to be completely honest I do not know what one will need underground." 

"Yeah, yes absolutely, let's go find Kar...uhh Kahn... Ummm the guy that owns the android and then turn the torch back on!" 

Sidles over to Darvil and in a bad attempt at a stage whisper, "who is the guy that owns the android?"

Edited by davor

Darvil glares at Sartus and speaks slowly and clearly as if he was talking to an addled child.

"Sen-ti-ent ma-chine man."

"Khon-nor is not a sla-ver."

"No one owns a sen-ti-ent be-ing."

1 person likes this

"Glaucite..." Ralif ponders at the significance of the word as he fingers his holy symbol.

"Wherever there's glaucite, there's going to be ruins, technological ruins. And that's going to attract more attention to Torch sooner or later."

"If we're going underground in the Black Caves, bring water, lots of clean water. I'm guessing most of you don't see well in darkness, so you'll need some lights. Let's see, what else?"

He looks at the elf potter "Rope! You're right. A good hard helm since this won't be properly secured galleries." He looks at the gnome's and elf's footwear. "Get yourself some thick solid boots too. And if we have to swim, find a way to dry your gear or not get it wet."

Edited by Cranky Dog

"And wherever there is technological ruins, there's liable to be the League sooner or later" The elf said with a nod. "If they are not behind the Torch going out, I wouldn't be surprised to find them far behind us eager to learn more about, and doubly eager to see if they can't steal it's power for themselves if they can"