haldir

Pathfinder Adventure Path: Iron Gods Part 1 Fires of Creation

Ralif continues, "And if we find something alive and moving down there... bring *more* light, it'll chase it away. And if it don't want to be chased away, we either run... or we fight."

He pauses a moment to think, "Baine found a door? Then we'll need something to open it."

He kept silent on the presence of the followers of Brigh. They weren't from Torch, so probably from Scrapwall. He wasn't sure what to make of it. Some members of the Clockwork Chapel were exemplary, others a bit peculiar or extremist in there views. And after what he said about smiths of Torag being narrow minded, he felt best not to bring it up again.

Ooc I cant think of anything to buy. What's the weather like in numeria? Is an explorers outfit warm enough?

"While I'm a blacksmith and not an adventurer, I have everything I need in my to room."

EnT1 doesn't make it far before his systems return to normal, the glow from his tattoos subsiding until they are once again barely visible and his thought processes regaining order. A hand on his aching forehead, he thinks to himself, That was an unpleasant sensation. Noted: avoid large groups of unfamiliar beings when possible. Socialization circuitry insufficient. Straightening, he regains a determined demeanor. I still need to find Baine. He had so many answers when we met last week. Maybe he can tell me my purpose.

He wordlessly reenters the meeting room as the others are discussing equipment. Satisfied with his own equipment (and lacking the funds to buy more in any case), he spends the remainder of the meeting fiddling with an unusual bracer worn on his left arm, doing his best to avoid eye contact with the others. The bracer appears technological in nature, but is clearly barely functional and coated with a persistent layer of dirt showing its age.

The elf nodded and offered a bit of a smile towards the android upon his return, before going back to listening to the discussion of gear and making a mental checklist for himself. Water was one thing he did not consider and would pick up a second waterskin before heading in. There would be no light at all he suspected, which would make scouting far more difficult. His mentor of course told him what sort of things he should try and acquire, but magical items where far more costly than he could afford. Still he felt the fool. He could move about in moonlight as easily as in daylight, and even indoors there was enough limited illumination that he never bothered, but he did not count upon being underground, or in places with no light at all. This, it seemed, was going to be more difficult than he figured.

Smiles at Ant1. " Hello, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you. I've just never met a sentient non-man man before." Nods at Darvil. "I'm Sartus, I'm new in Torch Hill. What may I do to make up for being so rude earlier?"

EnT1 stands very still, apparently thinking about Sartus' words before turning his attention to Sartus and giving a small smile. "It is alright. I am new to many things myself. Perhaps we can start over. As Darvil said, I'm Anton, and I am...new around here." His speech is oddly stilted, his name coming out slightly jumbled and an odd inflection on the word new. "If it would not be too much trouble, perhaps you could fill me in on what I missed."

Sartus will give a very brief run down about the information the old dwarf shared. I'll wax poetic about the glaucite, adding in my own commentary "very important" and "probable clues to the cessation of the torch" ect....  And probably leave out any mention of reward.

"I need to purchase a couple of things in town in order to be as prepared as I am able. My choice would be to depart tomorrow, at dawn or as near to as can be, but that I imagine, will depend as much upon the caster we are to meet with as it does upon our own choices" Frowning slightly he scratched along the edge of his left ear obviously going over something in his mind, falling silent again in his thoughts.

Ralif looked from Sartus to Anton several times, trying to parse together their awkward conversation.

Returning his attention to Abrien, "Tomorrow won't do. If Baine is still alive, then this is a rescue mission first and foremost and time is of the essence. Finding what happened to the 'Torch' comes second."

"Gnome! Urhm, sorry, Darvil! Or you Anton. Do you have any idea of what Baine wanted to do below after his first trip? Did he bring anything special? The more we know, the faster we'll find him."

"Yes, yes of course, we can't forget about him! Then, what are we waiting for? Let's gather our supplies and be on the hunt..." Sartus walks to the door and looks expectantly at the group.

"Gather what you already own and join up at Baine's residence. We'll get what we're missing as a group afterwards. No sense in everyone running around buying the same stuff in five different visits."

"And after we're done at Baine's place, we'll need to talk to Joram Kyte. If he's the one to see for water breathing magic, I'm guessing he's already familiar with the cave's water reservoir."

• Like 1

Sartus will head out, suit up in his pristine chainmail with a black tabbard and white cloak. His pack on his back, and heavy flail laid over his shoulder.

Heading out, he looks for a person or place named Baine. He'd likely get distracted at blacksmith shops.

Upon reaching his room he changed quickly from the clothes he wore to the meeting into what his mentor called his 'hunting clothes' Trousers of a light brown, and a shirt of a neutral grey. Both of such an utterly nondescript style he could blend into almost any crowd without drawing too much attention to himself, and coloured in such a way that the blended into the shadows and surroundings in and out of the cities as well.  With a fond smile he thought back to the lessons Simeon had given him in the streets and alley ways of Greengold, and in what worked in their art, and why it worked. He filled his haversack with the things he felt he would need, and then made a second bundle of his bedroll in which he tucked his armour. That he would don later, after the swim. The weight would be bad enough, but he did not fancy the idea of swimming in it as well. Besides, he was not going to wear it about town and draw the eyes of everyone. An elf out here was attention enough, but many of the locals where used to seeing him, but none had seen him dressed for danger. For that reason as well, he bundled his rapier in the bedroll as well. Besides, he thought to himself, as he picked up his walking stick, any fool that caused him trouble in the street would find swiftly enough, that he was anything but unarmed.