Sign in to follow this  
Lovejoy

Burrows and Badgers

So much happy squee!!!!!!!!  :wub: I grew up with Redwall, and I just can't stop looking at the mouse warrior and the badger; they're so incredibly gorgeous!! And the mouse is an absolute dead ringer for how I've always pictured Martin in my mind, now I'm itching to paint it up just like him! You captured the personality of each figure so perfectly!  :wub:

But if there's enough interest, I could be tempted to get moulds done... they're really good fun to sculpt!

I AM SO VERY VERY INTERESTED IN THIS HAPPENING!!! :D Maybe...new Kickstarter????  :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

But if there's enough interest, I could be tempted to get moulds done... they're really good fun to sculpt!

OMG I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I WANT THESE O.O PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE DO A KS FOR THESE

maybe around tax refund time :down: please. pretty please.

I love the badger. So much.

• Like 6

Thanks again everyone! I reckon I'll have to do some more... I've got a bunch more planned, but I'm not sure whether they should all be fighty-types, or maybe a wizard, or a bard...   any suggestions?

• Like 3

Thanks again everyone! I reckon I'll have to do some more... I've got a bunch more planned, but I'm not sure whether they should all be fighty-types, or maybe a wizard, or a bard...   any suggestions?

A bunch of mouse monks would be cool!  A limited run in resin would be cool as well........... if only I knew someone :P.

• Like 6

I'd take a BLOOD-CRAZED BADGER, he's frickin' awesome and I don't like Anthro figures at all.

• Like 6

Slagar the Cruel

Slagar the Cruel (born Chickenhound) is an anthropormorphic fox

He has many hidden plans and reasons which he only reveals by his own free will. His most characteristic trait is his desire for revenge and his pursuit of it, leaving death and misery in its wake.

His face remained horribly disfigured by the wound, and so Chickenhound began wearing a harlequin hood to conceal it. His mind was warped by the venom, and he began to believe the Redwallers are responsible for his condition. Eventually, he renamed himself - becoming Slagar the Cruel - and began to plot his revenge.

Cluny the Scourge

Cluny the Scourge is an  anthropormorphic rat

He is an evil leader with an eye patch on his right eye and a poisoned barb on his unusually long tail, which is physically used as a whip (or in some cases, a fifth limb). He has a long ragged black cloak made of bat wings, fastened at the throat with a mole skull.

These two immediately come to mind for me.

Anyway I am super super excited right now. I am more excited about these then I have been about any miniature I have seen since I started painting. This is just super awesome. Thanks so much Lovejoy!

• Like 5

Jess Squirrel

Jess Squirrel is an anthropomorphic squirrel who appears in Redwall and Mattimeo from the Redwall series by Brian Jacques.

Jess Squirrel and her family live in Mossflower when Redwall Abbey comes under attack by Cluny the Scourge. Jess and her family come to Redwall after her son led Matthias there when he was lost, and they decide to remain at the Abbey while the war to capture Redwall rages. Jess, with her reputation as a champion climber, volunteers to scale the Abbey to retrieve the sword of Martin from the weathervane, although she is attacked by sparrows when she reaches it and forced to climb back down again. She reports that there are old rusty wires where the sword had probably once been, but it was not there.

Basil Stag Hare

Basil Stag Hare is an anthropomorphic hare in the Redwall series of books by Brian Jacques.

Basil is a member of the Fur and Foot Fighters' and the Forty-Seventh Hare Border Rangers. Due to his admiration for stags, he took his second name for the creature. Basil is an expert in camouflage, and is well known for his appetite, as is the case with most hares. He lives alone in Mossflower Woods and becomes a close ally of Matthias. Soon thereafter, he moves into Redwall Abbey, and assists Matthias in rescuing kidnapped Dibbuns (Redwall young ones) from Slagar the Cruel.

Basil Stag Hare also assists Matthias in the first book of the Redwall series, Redwall. He distracts Cluny's gang of vermin while Matthias sneaks into St. Ninian's, trying to get back friendly creatures from Mossflower Woods that Cluny had kidnapped and was using as hostages.

• Like 5

@P_J

I'd be very careful of infringing on any trademarked or intellectual property (such as characters based off books without permission), too many law suits nowadays.

• Like 1

Oh I wouldn't want him to use the characters specifically for that very reason. I am just posting them as an inspiration. I could have, and probably should have, simply said, Thief Fox, Evil Rat, Climber Squirrel, Infantry (Scout) Hare.

Edited by prophetic_joe
  • Like 3

Just so you are aware I am gooing to try to get everyone I know to put as much pressure on you to produce these figures as humanly possible. I personally think these are the best Anthro minis I have ever seen and it would be criminal to not get these in the hands of collectors. This is some of your best work ever I think and I think you rank up there with the best mini sculptors so yeah there's that.

• Like 7